Food for Thought: TT fighting game?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

hyperboomer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Food for Thought: TT fighting game?

Post by hyperboomer »

I was DLing/reading TT this morning and it just came to me: what would happen if TT is made into a fighting game (like Street Fighter/King of fighter style)?

I'd like to hear what my fellow TT fan think...it would be interesting,

best regards,

Hyperboomer
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

hm, this came up once before. the majority opinion was that it was a good idea.

fugu
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Well, as long as it'd be better than Budokai .... :)
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

The idea is indeed quite good... I think I'd buy it if it came out for PC, but most fighting games are console-only and I haven't got a console.
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

it would be awesome if it was a 3d fighting game like tekken
u know with all the doging and juggling, plus they could add a dragon energy gauge that fills up just like the bloody roar series, then POW supa sayjin nagi pops out

(maya's style is alot like paul pheonix with her judo shoulder attack thingie dont u think)
fly
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by fly »

mmm it's probably possible to do a simple fighting game (like street fighter 2) with Mugen ... but you'll need to fin a good designer and someone who knows how to handle Mugen :)

if there's one think I don't want , it' sthat TT game looks like tekken (i really hate that game)
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

well to be honest i was a hardcore streetfighter fan
anything that had an akuma or evil ryu, i would be there humping the machine. i hated tekken too, i thought it was this bad game that everybody player to look cool.
apparently i was terribly WRONG!!! man streetfighter doesnt compare to tekken when it comes to fighting games. i still love and play SF, but for fighting game experience id rather play tekken

plus, a 2d fighting game would severly limit tenjo tenges potential for awesome and flashy moves.
plus 2d games are (regrettalby) a dying genre.

and the graphics in 3d games just keep getting better, even tekken 3 tag looked aweosome, tekken 4 is unbelievable!! plus with some bouncy tit action any game would look good
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Yeah, a TT game in 3d would be nice, but I think 2D graphics does more justice to the art style. In 2d, you can capture the hand drawn feel of it. The only problem with 2d fighting games is that they're quite limited in the overall experience.
maximilianjenus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by maximilianjenus »

if there is someone with time/motivation to work on the sprites, i could provide the mugen coding for one or more ten ten character(s).
Shinigami
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shinigami »

:? obviously you guys aren't KoF, Capcom Vs Series or Guilty Gear fans because IMO those games are a lot 'flashier' than the 3D crap I've played. How insane is Capcom tag action? The brutality of KoF combos and GG's awesome character moves? Come on... 2D isn't dying.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Hey, man--count me when it comes to 2D! There's more love put into a 2D fighting game when it's well done. There's just more charm to it. But 3D isn't so bad either with games like Soul Calibur redefining the genre.

In my opinion, the character designs of KoF are the closest to the vibe of Tenjo Tenge. Give it the intensity and style of Guilty Gear, and you got yourself one sweet TT fighting game.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

I'd like to see Tenjo Tenge as a "rhythm" game a-la Parappa the Rappin' Hound. I could just imagine Mitsuomi doing some funky Reggae tune...
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

GG is the shit! That would be the general style to do it in. But maybe some day. Especially if the anime does good enough! ^_^
I think most 3D fighters aren't done quite as well as they could be (Tekken vs. DOA, I wander which was made better?).
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
co0l
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by co0l »

Sacrin wrote:GG is the shit! That would be the general style to do it in. But maybe some day. Especially if the anime does good enough! ^_^
I think most 3D fighters aren't done quite as well as they could be (Tekken vs. DOA, I wander which was made better?).
imo DOA was better than tekken... if you compare the games that were out at the same time (like don't compare tekken 4 with DoA 1...)

I would actually rather prefer 2D TT fighting game over 3D...

1. it captures the anime feel more than 3d games
2. you want flashy insane super combos? go play marvel vs. capcom 2 or snk vs. capcom, or kof (imo97/99/2001/2003 were their best years... lol) those games had crazy flashy insane fun combos and they are all 2D...

imo, 3d games always have more... goof ups, screw ups or semi-messed upness than 2d because of the more details you have to pay into it...
sweetkenji17
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sweetkenji17 »

I think a tenjo tenge fighting game is cool! :lol:
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

co0l wrote:
Sacrin wrote:GG is the shit! That would be the general style to do it in. But maybe some day. Especially if the anime does good enough! ^_^
imo DOA was better than tekken... if you compare the games that were out at the same time (like don't compare tekken 4 with DoA 1...)

I would actually rather prefer 2D TT fighting game over 3D...

1. it captures the anime feel more than 3d games
2. you want flashy insane super combos? go play marvel vs. capcom 2 or snk vs. capcom, or kof (imo97/99/2001/2003 were their best years... lol) those games had crazy flashy insane fun combos and they are all 2D...

imo, 3d games always have more... goof ups, screw ups or semi-messed upness than 2d because of the more details you have to pay into it...
Ever play the naruto game for GC? Honestly no joke, the controls may be to simple for beginners but that game is the best fighting game out there. LOL, I know I know but seriously. Look at the graphics which cell shading isnt easy tp pull off and they did it fantastically which kept the anime feel to it 100% plus the counters, counter counters, lock ups and the extremely hard to pull off combos people don't know about so they say its easy and its easily one of the best face paced in your face win at any moment 3d fighter. wouldnt mind seeing tenten like that with more flare in the cell shading and roaming freedom to chase and run away in the levels.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Sorry, but that Naruto game kinda sucks :? All you need to finish someone off is three buttons...

Hit hit hit throw shuriken special move --> KO

That's just to easy, of course it's Japanese and me nor the friend who I played it with could understand the game ... :lol:

But still, the 'super moves' were to easy to perform, all it took was one click on a button ....

And I don't know about the 3D vs 2D ...

2D games have a better overall authentic feeling, but 3D games tend to look better ... Though Guilty Gear's 2D ROCKS !!! But DOA's 3D is fuggin awesome :twisted:

Maybe if they'd do the characters in 3D, but the effects in 2D ...

And, bet you guys know Budokai and or played the Naruto game, when you perform a special move in those games, they're always performed in small videosequences, now if they'd put those in 2D, THAT WOULD BE BRILLIANT !!! 8)
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

Banorac wrote:Sorry, but that Naruto game kinda sucks :? All you need to finish someone off is three buttons...

Hit hit hit throw shuriken special move --> KO

That's just to easy, of course it's Japanese and me nor the friend who I played it with could understand the game ... :lol:

But still, the 'super moves' were to easy to perform, all it took was one click on a button ....

And I don't know about the 3D vs 2D ...

2D games have a better overall authentic feeling, but 3D games tend to look better ... Though Guilty Gear's 2D ROCKS !!! But DOA's 3D is fuggin awesome :twisted:

Maybe if they'd do the characters in 3D, but the effects in 2D ...

And, bet you guys know Budokai and or played the Naruto game, when you perform a special move in those games, they're always performed in small videosequences, now if they'd put those in 2D, THAT WOULD BE BRILLIANT !!! 8)
I'm guessing you don't play on difficulty 4 then :wink:

Also I never use specials cause its a waste, and the good combos that are 70-100% damage are rediculousy hard to pull off.

I'll pick 3d over 2d anyday. The fact that I can't dodge left and right in a 2d game (excluding some, but are crap anyways) really annoys me. You get more of a true fighting scenario with 3d. One thing I would like to see implemented better is straffing not just being one step over or movement for that matter left and right but being able to run in those directions. Sort of like .hack battle system but with a better hand to hand combat scenario.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

No game will ever beat (warning, link goes way back into my past) Super Street Fighter II Turbo (or Super Street Fighter II X, if you are from Asia.)

Of course, while that might just be my opinion, it is true.
seravi
Yuurei
Yuurei

For me

Post by seravi »

I dig GUILTY GEAR -_-
I actually prefer 2D over 3D

Simply because there are for flashes in 2D ^_^
However, the game should be at least as good as GGX
Or else ... wonder if I will ever try playing it
Seravi Leonart
[url=http://seravi.deviantart.com[/url]
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I think a KOF version or option in the game would be cool. Imagine building up your favorite characters to fight in teams of 3, like Tawara Bunshichi , Shin w/ Reiki, & Masataka V.S. maybe Mitsuomi ,Nagi Souichirou, Bob Makihara or what ever you like. That would be mind blowing. :shock:
locke
Yuurei
Yuurei

heu...

Post by locke »

And why not, let's say... A good old beat-them all?

Streets of rage revisited with tenjo tenge technics, and with great NBA JAM-like combos!
Locke

And at that time i knew i shouldn't have said these weird things...