man I miss the old ways.

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Marcus Falden
Tamashii
Tamashii

man I miss the old ways.

Post by Marcus Falden »

What ever happen to the Martial Arts Highschool where evryone fought, or saga mask, or Nazumi, or the other guys. Now its all this BS mafia wannabe thing with lightsabers and cybernetich arms. Man this as done a 180 on the story line. Oh well guess I cant really do anything about that. But thus anyone else here miss the old tenjo tengen. 8)
All's Fair in Love and War.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, I do kind of miss some of the vibe from the older volumes, but I don't think the cybernetic issue is entirely new. Remember the training program that Mitsuomi went through in the past arc? I just hope the use of machines doesn't get more overblown than Tsumiji's arms in the later chapters.
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

its not that i dont like mechanical arms or anything, its just that the story has moved past the 'fight school' phase, and is something else now that i cant figure out. i liked the old days, true, but until the current arc clears out i wont judge it, its got some pretty good twists, like tsumiji and his dad's relation ship, thats a pretty cool point. and other new characters like enma and the little brat. oh and the confrontation between tsumijis dad and his ex soldiers was heartfelt to some extent. TT is still good yall!
jakez0r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jakez0r »

If it didn't start out as simply fighting in a school, I'm sure the current plot would not seem so out of place. Right now though, it's just fucked up with entire clans getting wiped out. It's even more messed up that a couple of 14 year olds are getting involved :?
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Right now, the whole manga is *really* confusing... and actually, the latter chapters aren't good anymore, in my opinion. :(
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

well thats how it feels, usually, but then once an even newer chapter comes, u look back at the old chapters and realize how useful they were in conveying a certain point
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I agree. In fact, even the fan-favorite past arc reveals the themes and foreshadows the developments of the newer chapters to some extent. Red feathers, white feathers, the Takayanagi clan...the ambivalent powers of Aya and Souichirou -- it could probably go even farther than this soon. I guess we just didn't expect the story to divert so far from its initial premise, which is both a good thing and a bad thing in my opinion. My biggest gripe is that there are just too many characters right now.

Although if it were just me who's writing this manga, I'd totally skip this Enma story and essentially just go straight into F and the story behind Nagi's "loving" parents. Just imagine Nagi's mom in her transformed form -- that is, if she indeed can transform like Souichirou... :wink:
Kultra_Rex
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Kultra_Rex »

kujoe wrote:Just imagine Nagi's mom in her transformed form -- that is, if she indeed can transform like Souichirou... :wink:
I think she can but was taken over by the dragons or something

In the issue where nagi's mom beat up all the guys and even threw the one into the street you see her remembering her arm being cut off by Nagi's dad

He must have been an uber strong warrior and I hope he comes back or at least explain what happened to him
While the wicked stand confounded
Call me, with thy saints surrounded
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Could someone help me out and explain the whole difference between Red and White Feathers?

I have to go back and read the chapters where they explain that stuff, because I forget what the difference is between them. Is Nagi's family a white or red feather?
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I think the red feathers have magic powers and the white fighting powers :?
SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SkullKnight »

I"m not all that disappointed in vol 10 and where the story is going, I think it maybe gave the story a much bigger picture too soon than it should have but you begin to understand that maybe the highschool was just the beginning of the family wars.

However i do agree the highschool battling was much more confined and much more interesting. As a story going this far and not atleast tying up the mitsuomi and maya thing first did dissapoint me.
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

While Volume 10 isn't certainly not bad, I think the author is having a problem deciding what direction he wants this manga to go in. I think he kind lost heart with the idea of the fighting paradise/hell thing... so he is going for good vs. evil theme. The problem is, though, that he attempts at the same time, to make the enemies not so evil... really, I'm just confused. It's not bad, but it certainly lacks a direction.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't old man Tsmuji one of the guys who was training Nagi? Takayanagi-san introduced those 12 people as the 12 families who make up the Red Feathers.

However, isn't the Tsmuji family now a White Feather family? Since they use fighting techinqiues?

I know the dude with the mechanical arms is the bastard son of Tsumuji and some Red Feather family that has Dragon claw.

Its confusing, I think Oh Great is just making this up as he goes.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

(Old man) Tsumuji was indeed training Nagi earlier on. I think Tsumuji is himself a white feather - a fighter - but the two types used to work together. Mitsuomi is the one that split them down the middle.

Tsumuji Mataza (F) by the way, had a red feather as his mother, which is where his Dragon's Claw comes from. We haven't seen anything other than great fighting ability from (Old man) Tsumuji himself.

fugu
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Its weird though because all of the other families that were training Nagi had some kind of ability.

Are you saying that the original 12 families are a mix of Red and White feathers?

Also a question about "F"

It is a group of people right? Not just on person?

It seems all 5 of them are the children of the people who are training Nagi. The one dude healed Ishi with a Dragon Palm.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Chello wrote:Its weird though because all of the other families that were training Nagi had some kind of ability.

Are you saying that the original 12 families are a mix of Red and White feathers?

Also a question about "F"

It is a group of people right? Not just on person?

It seems all 5 of them are the children of the people who are training Nagi. The one dude healed Ishi with a Dragon Palm.
Tsumuji might have a power, but I haven't seen it yet.
I'm not so sure that the red and white feather families distinction is quite so severe - they are all part of the "Flying Phoenix".

You are right, "F" is a group of people. It does seem like they are all the young kids of older people - in fact, Mitsuomi was talking about that when he started his "revolution". I think it is an interesting angle. You add a young / new generational revolt into the mix...

fugu
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

I went back and reread the recent chapters, and saw that Tsmuji (F)'s mother belonged to a branch family of the Kagane's.

I looked on the page that introduced Souchirou's teachers, and saw that the Kagane(I might be spelling it wrong) lady was in a wheel chair..

Is that the right one?
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

its 12 families making the pheonix
6 red, r white
tsumiji is white, one of his wives was red
hence little devil tsumiji freak
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Chello wrote:I went back and reread the recent chapters, and saw that Tsmuji (F)'s mother belonged to a branch family of the Kagane's.

I looked on the page that introduced Souchirou's teachers, and saw that the Kagane(I might be spelling it wrong) lady was in a wheel chair..

Is that the right one?
I don't know. They were never specific. It is likely though.