Fight 63

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Fight 63

Post by Chello »

Wow a pretty good chapter, but alas I didn't understand a lot of it.

Like why Tsmuji split his brothers foot open, or how he did it. I know he is from another family other than the Tsmuji family, but that isn't the same family isn't the Enmi family is it? Have we met them before? Maybe while Souchirou was training?

Oh well looks like things are going to get good.

Great job as always Fugu and thanks.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

The last page explains that - he has the "Dragon's Claw". As to why he did it? Man, did you read the chapter? His big brother put him through hell. Maybe not enough to justify what he has done to him since, but still. His "Dragon's Claw" is also clearly visible when he breaks his hand out of the data glove.

fugu
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Although the fights seem to be focusing more now on special powers rather martial arts, that Dragon's Claw is just wicked. Nagi's Dragon's Fist for now can't compare. I mean, look at Tsumuji's brother! I wonder if there's a trade-off for that power he has.

Just wondering. Is Nagi's power just limited to the Earth Dragon? It's not clear to me whether the Earth Dragon is just one of the chakra gates he could open at the moment or if it's really the only one he can use.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't know, but it looks like that is all he's been able to do up until now. Previous chapters have hinted that he might be able to open up other gates.

fugu
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Oh alright, I know why he did it, but I just wanted to know what was up with his Dragon claw. I guess he is from 2 Feather familes since he knows the Tsumji family staff techniques as well as this Dragon Claw. The family that has the Dragon Claw..did they send a representative to teach Nagi like the rest of the clans did?

Yeah that was really cruel what Tsmuji did to his brother, he is all skin and bones. Reminded me of Griffith from Berserk.
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

but from what i understood, the tsumiji family doesnt have any powers right?
they're white feathers
and yeah nagi met all the families before, dougen introduced them to him after he went super nagi-jin for the first time
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

If I remember correctly, his mother is from a red feather family. They were poor, so she had to sell her body in order to survive. One of the results of that is the younger Tsumuji -- who is actually the bastard son of the father and the half brother of the older Tsumuji. He was then brought to the Tsumuji household by the mother after raising him for a few years.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

kujoe wrote:Although the fights seem to be focusing more now on special powers rather martial arts, that Dragon's Claw is just wicked. Nagi's Dragon's Fist for now can't compare. I mean, look at Tsumuji's brother! I wonder if there's a trade-off for that power he has.
I'm inclinded to disagree: Nagi is from a long line of demon-hunters. Demon-hunter implies the ability to overcome supernatural obstacles, and that is Souichiro's background. The Dragon's Claw, the Dragon's Fist, the Dragon's Left Nut, it doesn't matter. ^_^
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

I dunno, when I was reading these things/catching up volumes at a time the story was a lot easier to follow. Reading a few chapters every weeek, I feel like I have to go back and reread stuff. I think I am going to reread the series again over christmas break.

It just seems like Oh Great is making this up as he goes along, that is how I can explain it.