Tawara the Fighting God

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Tawara the Fighting God

Post by Chello »

Is there anyone in the manga who is stronger than this guy? I mean he pounded the shit out of Shin and he throws around Bob and Nagi like they are nothing (true they aren't that strong yet). I bet once Bob and Nagi are done with their new training they will both be forces to be reckoned with.

Right now it seems like the only person that might be able to beat him is Mitsuomni, since both of them have defeated Shin in the past.

I think that Tawara was a Junior when the flashback took place, and now it is 2 years later, so I guess that is why everyone calls him old man. Oh well, he's damn cool, I am glad that he is around.

I hear in volume 11 he makes his return, I can't wait for that since he is my favorite character. I hope he kicks some "F" ass.

It would be awesome though if Tawara jumped the fence for the election tournament to fight as a Jyuken once again!

Masatanaka, Aya, Nagi, Bob, and Tawara would be a dream team. Maya shouldn't take a chance since her arm is still hurt.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Oh Great! needs to use Tawara "unorganized murderous brawling school, winning style" Bunshichi sparingly. If he gets his fingers into everything, what chance would Bob or Nagi have to "shine" in this story?

It's not like he'd actually lose to anybody, so there's little to be gained dramatically by putting him into combat. Sure, when Tsumuji (F) is torturing that poor woman I thought "wouldn't it be great if Bunshichi showed up about now and dick-slapped the hell out of that eight-armed punkass?" but there would be no tension, as we would know the outcome of the fight ahead of time: Tawara clearly victorious.

With Nagi Souichiro there's always a big questionmark about how things will turn out: he isn't that strong, he certainly isn't very smart, but is very talented and determined. He isn't the total package, and therefore makes for better storytelling. :D
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Yeah he is kind of like the Hiko Seijuro of the series. He could probably beat anyone he wanted to, except for Mitsounmi that would be a great fight.

Anyone have any info about what he is doing in Volume 11?
Hotaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Hotaru »

Tawara reminds me of Slayer from Guilty Gear XX, for the first time I saw his debut.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Yeah he does kind of look like a younger version of Slayer.

Who do you guys think is stronger?

Tawara or Mitsuonmi?

I think back in the day Tawara definetly was, and I think he is now too.
Hotaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Hotaru »

I think Mitsuomi is stronger (for 3 min). Tawara is very strong, but he is not super human unlike Mitsuomi.
vesper
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by vesper »

Tawara is so freaking awesome and he's personality is awesome too. I wish he had more fighting scenes in the manga. BTW, in the manga, Maya says during the bowling alley fight, to Tawara, that he is could probably beat Mitsuomi and is probably the only one.
LoneWolf
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by LoneWolf »

Tawara is cool! However, I doubt the way the story is being told, will he be able to get many awesome battles or fights. Like everyone says... that bast@rd Nagi will always be the one fighting all the big fights now to get stronger and 'shine'. However, I don't think there is a question mark about whether Nagi will win or not. Its already decided that Nagi wins and is god-like or Nagi loses (slightly) but surprises his opponent soooo much with his god-like skills and talents that Nagi still basically wins...if you get what I mean. Man, I hate Nagi >_<
vesper
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by vesper »

Honestly speaking, I don't really like Nagi. I thought Takayanagi would of made the better main character because he is so much funnier and cooler in style.
x-loc
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by x-loc »

Tawara Bushichi is indeed strong. But you gotta remember that Shin wasn't using his dragon eye when they were fighting nor was he using in the fight with Mitsuomni.

As of chapter 11 , I think my ranking would go as follows by strength:
(well for the main caste anyway. :) )
1. Mitsuomni (in his current GOD form)
2. Shin (using dragon eye)
3. Tawara
4. Takayanagi (the lil' bro)
5. Maya
6. Aya
7. Nagi
8. Bob

and Versper is totaly on the dot.. DOWN with NAGI!!! for some odd reason he annoys me... :?
I'm not talking about his cockyness... but that HAIR!!!!!!! :x
LoneWolf
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by LoneWolf »

Hahaha the hair sucks so badly! Ya know, I thought those two, Nagi and Bob were the bad guys trying to take over the school in the first few pages of TT. Somehow I'm not sure if its to represent Nagi growing up or something but I have a feeling Oh! Great started to hate the hair too and changed it a bit. (Less V shaped) :oops:

Shin's dead so... :-P
So its really a battle between Mitsuomi and Tawara... man that would be such a good fight....

I've stopped reading somewhere in Vol.8 but is Masataka really that powerful? 4th? Above Maya and Aya? Does he unleash some kinda special move in Vol 9-11?

Anyway....down with Nagi!!!!! :-D
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

LoneWolf wrote:Shin's dead so... :-P
Yeah. I'm pretty sure Chiaki could kick Shin's butt at this point.
Saito
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Saito »

shin was using his dragon thats why tawara let him stabbed his legs so he would be distracted right

or did i just read it wrong?
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Saito wrote:shin was using his dragon thats why tawara let him stabbed his legs so he would be distracted right

or did i just read it wrong?
When Bunshichi realized that he was going to be soundly defeated so long as Shin had the sword (and thereby had use of the Dragon's Eye), he may have chosen to get himself "beaten" to the point that Shin would relinquish the blade. Shin's Dragon Eye may not have shown him the full consequences of his actions ahead of time (he may have seen Bunshichi half-broken on the ground with his legs cut up but not further), thereby allowing him to fool himself into thinking he would be victorious. After all, when had Shin ever been defeated while using the Dragon's Eye? Overconfidence is a trap.

Or Shin saw it as an opportunity to not have to kill Bunshichi and accepted a defeat in order to avoid slaying his friend. After he dropped the sword and was being neatly trounced by Tawara, he started to succumb to the temptation of taking up the sword again, but Bunshichi's skill wouldn't allow him to take advantage of it anymore at that point. It's open to interpretation. In the end, we know who won and who lost the fight, just not necessarily why it turned out that way.

Any story that has elements of precognition generates sticky points where fatalism can create the appearance of a paradox. Ultimately it appears that Shin didn't intend to survive for long. Maybe he thought Bunshichi would finish him off? I somehow doubt that Shin actually told anybody about his intentions, so we'll never really know (in absence of more flashback sequences).
seravi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Disagree

Post by seravi »

I agree that Tawara let Shin stabbed on his leg to make Shin leave the kanata.
However, he did not realize a bigger threat.

Here is where I disagree. Shin was actually damn strong.
The reason why Shin need the kanata was actually to limit himself to the power of the kanata.
Shin did NOT, repeat, DID NOT use the dragon eyes for one simple reason: He did not want to kill his friend
Seravi Leonart
[url=http://seravi.deviantart.com[/url]
Belial
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Belial »

It's obvious that Shin is the strongest.... I mean, how whould you fight against someone who can see what you will do next?
It's like the fight of Aya X Tagami, Tagami was stronger than Aya back then, but Aya kicked his ass when started to use Dragon's Eye.

And the Reiki has no relation to Dragons's Eye, the sword only unleashed Shin's power, because he can use the power without it, like the two fights against Fuchien.

In the fight against Mitsuomi he didn't use the Eye because he wanted to die with him,not only kill him, but that didn't worked becouse of the 3 minutes power of Mitsuomi.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Old man Takayanagi (Dougen) was very clear that Shin needs Reiki to control and restrain his use of the Dragon's Eye. Otherwise when he uses it he goes nuts.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

To keep his humanity ...

He wanted the katana in the fight aainst Tawara, so he could be able to control himself and stop himself from murdering his friend.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Belial wrote:In the fight against Mitsuomi he didn't use the Eye because he wanted to die with him,not only kill him, but that didn't worked becouse of the 3 minutes power of Mitsuomi.
Personally, I think it's more of Shin fighting against himself and the Dragon's Eye--a profound conflict between fate and free will, where one's choices are affected under the guiding hand of fate and where fate herself comes to be through one's actions. In the end, what Shin saw through his Dragon's Eye came to be, however he himself had a major part in it. Like Nagi and Bob have said, the past arc isn't just a story of the past--it's also a story of the future.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Hm ... Shin also said that fate and life are like the lines ( nerfs or whatevers ) in a leaf ...
godannar
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by godannar »

in the latest tenjo tenge chapter(72 I think) tawara teams up with masataka takayanagi and fights against an old enemy.
your lips say no-no, but your LIPS say yes-yes!
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Yeah that was a sweet fight and really shows just how much stronger Tawara is than just about everyone.

Fuchien was going toe to toe with Masataka, but one karate chop and a followup upper cut from Tawara, he is toast.

It's weird that they made him into a cyborg and implanted that chip into Fuchien though. Between the mechanical arms, chips, light sabers, and now robots Oh Great is really bringing technology into play here.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

What's up with the chips, Is it like a stick of memory, Do it go to some device? :?
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

:oops:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

WTF :shock: . What is that? is it a finger? Do i really want to know :? .
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

no you don't want to know
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

the first time i saw that in the page where he holds the head in his hand i laughe so much i tipped over the chair
Hotaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Hotaru »

What page is it, zip?
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

ae_tjtg05_132.jpg

volume 5 page 132, i think its when he goes to kick shins ass.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

That apron Tawara wears in Volume 12 reminds me of the one I have to wear sometimes at the grocery store when I work there.

If Tawara also work in a market/grocery store, then my favorite character just got cooler.