random ch 38 thoughts

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

random ch 38 thoughts

Post by standa-man »

I actually thought Mitsuomi was playing DDR at first when I started reading.

I was a lil disappointed by asshat's first appearance. A guy that doesn't kick a$$... how sad. I like his hair though... I'd like to have messy hair like that.

Pg 150, "english teacher", I laughed when I saw that. "Hulk smash!"

And so the Mitsuomi-Maya relationship grows...

And one question - what's that "line up seven fruits" game?
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

chapter 38

Post by hitori »

The past arc starts its (albeit slow, but very exciting) climb up to the climax from here on. 8)
All the actors are now present and have taken their positions!

I've only read TJTG through the tankoubons, in full book formats, so there were no chapter breaks in the story.
Now that I'm reading it over in chapters, I can see these segmented form could be a great story telling tool.
It just makes you yell "next chapter!"

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out in the climax though.
Will it kill the momentum, or heighten the emotion? ^_^

Thanks again for a great work, Fugu!
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

I like character development, but i can't stand Maya... This chapter didn't do a thing to me.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't honestly know what that "line up 7 fruits" game is, although my guess is some sort of video slot machine. It is a pretty good guess...
BOZZ
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BOZZ »

Oh man... That was pretty cool chapter... Not as action-packed as the others, a nice break from things... Man, I love that name of the new character... Asshat... That is so greato...

I think Tawara has a new challanger in regards to coolest Tenjou Tenge character in Asshat (LOL)....
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

BOZZ wrote: I think Tawara has a new challanger in regards to coolest Tenjou Tenge character in Asshat (LOL)....
Cool ... !? But, but ... But he's an asshat!!

he can't be cool...
arpl
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by arpl »

Man, the first time Mitsuomi appeared, i didn't like him at all.But after this chapter,we can see he was very normal back then,and i don't hate him anymore.
That asshat reminds me of the casts of Meteor Garden, the Hana Yori Dango real life taiwan movie, they all have that kind of hair.
brainplagued
Yuurei
Yuurei
Location: Guess!!! I'll give you a clue: it's a trifle warm...

Post by brainplagued »

/me laughs at asshat

just wondering, but how many more volumes does the past arc last for?

/me spins in circles.....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Positions Available
Reliable Minion Wanted
Experience and References a Must!
Call (666) 666-4666
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ger24 »

This was a great chapter, I really liked the competion between Mitsuomi and Maya.
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

I like how I was expecting Maya and Mits to fight, then they basically ended up having a very unconventional date. They're so cute!

Then just when I expected Maya to go all lovey-dovey and spout something soap opera and cliched, she asks Mits whether he's ever killed anyone. :shock:

I'm used to Oh Great playing with our expectations like that, by now. I love it!

As for someone commenting on not liking Maya... well she is a very hard nut to crack. Very competitive and combative personality, like an ultra-tomboy. She is hard to love because she NEVER shows you her soft side. With her life story, it's easy to see why.

And, BTW, young Mits is sooooo much more likeable than his younger brother. Ppl were asking me why I thought Masataka is an irredeemable wimp? Compare Masataka with Mitsuomi, when both are out with their prospective girl. Mits doesn't do anything different or better than Masa in the same situation, but it's all in the attitude. "Pay up!" I loved that! :D

It's hard to see how Mits turned into such a trenchcoat Nazi in the current arc. That "sexual harassment" scene in the bowling alley completely perplexes me - it's like 2 completely different ppl. I'm looking forward to how Oh Great explains it. :?