News on Tenjo Anime

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Every friday, 2 something in the morning...I think.
zidox
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by zidox »

ok ty.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Oh, sorry if I'm mentioning this now. But to clarify just in case, what I said is the airing schedule of the anime on Japanese television. You can probably expect the raw a day or so later.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kujoe wrote:Every friday, 2 something in the morning...I think.
Do they air it @ that time so they can more serious and risque???
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

That's part of the reason for sure. But more importantly, it's also because the kind of anime that truly succeed are the wholesome ones--the ones that the entire family can enjoy. (i.e. Doraemon) Shows like that receive the prime spots on Japanese tv. I've also heard that there are some anime that are only available on obscure channels, which unfortunately not every region in Japan may have access to. Of course, some are luckier than others.
vesper
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by vesper »

UmUU~<3 A majority of the anime staff is korean. I'm Korean <3. KOREAN PRIDE
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

now a days they outsource to korea and the like. cheaper labor me thinks.
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Naruto is being "korean-ised" as well (around late 50's episodes, maybe earlier ?). I don't know, maybe it's Naruto but there's a lot of CG mixing going on (TJTG may be heading for the same direction, especially "high speed fighting scenes") Well, as long as they don't butcher the character faces (some eps in naruto, the characters look really screwed up).
vesper
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by vesper »

Are you guys making fun of my Korean heritage T_T. lol Either way, the anime is great, i want more more~!!! hehe.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^nah man.
BOZZ
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BOZZ »

Hehehe... It's not just anime that is being done by Koreans... I think the new He-man animated series was pretty much done by Koreans... Either way it's all cool that Koreans are getting more major work in major animation projects...
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

He-Man Shme-Man !

I saw ep 2 of Ten Ten today :D

Looks like a little something of another volume slipped into the story ( little Nagi )

The opening fight was by far the greatest hand-to-hand-combat I've ever seen in an anime :twisted:
co0l
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by co0l »

pv82 wrote:
kujoe wrote:Every friday, 2 something in the morning...I think.
Do they air it @ that time so they can more serious and risque???
well I saw tengo tenge anime eps 2 yesterday and it sure didn't seem more risque or anything =P lolz but it was still good, but it started to deviate from the manga there... just a lil bit
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

First off, Korea does a lot of it's own stuff. We just don't hear about it that much. Like they make the Ragorok manga (and game) wich is amazing. But I don't realy like the idea of out sourceing anime (or manga) unless it makes it better.

As far as the anime goes...
I think it's great. It's not as good as I would like (basicly Oh! Great's detail, but that would take way too much time and money) but it's great. I think the voices are great. Even though I'm not too happy with Bob's voice, but I understand there aren't too many black japanese...Besides the way they do voices is different than english. It works fine. I was fine with Aya's voice, she just didn't look right to me (same with Masataka, and a little with Bob). I'll get use to it though. The opener and closer are good (love the songs). I also like that they changed things a little. Other wise it would be repetitive. The fight in ep 2 was very bad ass...Can't wait till the big ones! ^_^

All and all I'm pleased. I'm sure it will only get better as time goes on. We just have to realise it probly won't meet our expectations of it sence we already have our own ideas of how it should be.
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
Shinrei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shinrei »

hm where can we find the anime on the net ?
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ well try looking through all posts, I think someone already said how.

anyway, check anime.mircx.com for the bt links or IRC on the various fansubbers channels
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I think u can either go to http://anime.mircx.com or www.downloadanime.net (both of these are Bit Torrent sites though, so u have to have that program). There might be better one but those are the 2 I know and have been using. if u sign up with downloadanime u can dl other anime & manga titles that might not be listed. Like Lil Miss and Midori days (both are funny ass mangas).
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Um, guys? I don't want to be specific or anything since it's licensed and all, but just in case anyone's wondering...

A fansubbed version of episode 2 is already out. :wink:

And I just finished watching it. :)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

[quote="Sacrin"]First off, Korea does a lot of it's own stuff. We just don't hear about it that much. Like they make the Ragorok manga (and game) wich is amazing. But I don't realy like the idea of out sourceing anime (or manga) unless it makes it better.
[quote]

Yeah, I'm reading the manga now, already have 3 volumes, it's really fight-fight-fight basicly, but I like it ^^

For the MMORPG, Ragnarok Online, it's brilliant, for am onth or so ... It gets extremely boring after a while when All there's to do is kill the same stupid enemies who yield little or no xp when you progress through the game... If the game had quests, and I mean REAL quests, not stuff like Mr. Smiley or collecting stuff dor dyestuff, the game would have been great ...

@kujoe

I've had it fansubbed since late mondaynight :twisted:
zidox
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by zidox »

kujoe wrote:Um, guys? I don't want to be specific or anything since it's licensed and all, but just in case anyone's wondering...

A fansubbed version of episode 2 is already out. :wink:

And I just finished watching it. :)
Well duh :) hehe

And agreed, ep 2 kinda rox, the fighting scene is SWEET!

Takayanagi owns :)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Is it the normal way of going in Japan to call people by their surnames ? Because it's weird ... It got me a bit confused, I know Masataka is his name, because his brother is Mitsuomi Takayanagi, but they all call him Mitsuomi, but they never call Masataka 'Masataka' ... It's just to weird ...

And for a long time I thought Nagi was Nagi's first name, where now it seems to be his surname and Soishiro is his first name ...

Aaah, it's all toooooooooooo much :evil: :?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It is normal to call people by their surnames in Japan.

Nagi is Nagi's first name, his family name is Souichirou.

They call Mitsuomi Mitsuomi most likely because he's the "bad guy". And well known to Maya. When intimate, people will use first names...

fugu
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

^Uh, isn't that supposed to be the other way around? Now I'm confused. :?

Banorac: It's quite common among Asians to identify themselves with their families. Such bonds still do exist even to this day. Even here, it's still common to hear your surname being called when a friend is trying to get your attention. Of course, that doesn't happen between members of the family. That would be confusing, don't you think? :wink: And among intimate partners as well.

Besides, I actually think it's easier to remember someone's surname. :)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Oh, the whole coutresy thing the East is so overly fond of ^^

Hm, yeah, I could've guessed that for myself ...

But what I intended as my main question ( though it didn't come out that way ) was if Nagi is Nagi's surname or firstname ... Because I allways thought Nagi was his first name and Soichiro his surname/familiy name ... But then I read in the manga something about 'The Nagis' ... So that would make Nagi his surname ... really confusing ^^
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Well, holy crap. I was wrong. Checking my character list for Tenjo Tenge, his mother's name is "Nagi Makiko" so Nagi is indeed the family name. In fact, I should have remembered this; Souichirou is normally a first name. One of the main characters in Vulgar Ghost Daydream is named Souichirou even (different Kanji though.)

Well, that is what the character lists are there for.

cheers,

fugu
wurz
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by wurz »

hey fugu, since you're the most adept at japanese, maybe you could check out the different groups subbing and see how accurate the translations are, so everyone can get the best translations.

personally i've been getting anime-stations.
sword
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sword »

animeone started fansubbing tenjo tenge. roxorz
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

wurz wrote:hey fugu, since you're the most adept at japanese, maybe you could check out the different groups subbing and see how accurate the translations are, so everyone can get the best translations.

personally i've been getting anime-stations.
I downloaded the a-s (anime station?) sub of ep 2, since I missed out on the raw. I'm curious too. Really though, the japanese in ep 1 wasn't anything too tough.

I haven't had time to watch it yet though.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hm, I liked ep 2. I like the way Nagi is developed more than in the manga (but dislike Aya more) and Takayanagi comes out well too.

I only noticed one thing to quibble about with a-e's translation. At one point, they translate Souichirou saying "まけちゃいけない" as "I don't want to lose". It should have been "I can't lose" or "I can not afford to lose" or "I can not allow myself to lose". Otherwise, when I noticed their subtitles, they were really good. It is hard to always keep an eye on them though, and easier just to follow along in Japanese sometimes.

I really thought their sub of the opening song was cute. I don't like the closing song. I've never got past the first "aishite" part before I lose interest.
co0l
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by co0l »

lolz fugu, you should however watch it once to see the maya puzzle get put together... it's one of the pics in vol 2 I believe... ^_^

I watched eps 3 of tt btw... lolz they took out the rape scene of chiaka (which imo is good but I think I hear some boos out there...) but she got a lil... burnt lolz

the anime is still looking good so far though ^_^
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

aya has a prink bra.

just had to say that XD
Marcus Falden
Tamashii
Tamashii

yo I already got

Post by Marcus Falden »

Episode 3 so tell me Tenjo TEnge comes out every fryday.
All's Fair in Love and War.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

tenten 3 subbed by a-s is out. go have fun getting it y'all
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Hey is it me or do the ladies in Tenjo Tenge look a little less ( what's the word...) appealing? Or atleast not really true to the manga. Like Chiaki and Izuzu, they look way better drawn in the manga than they do in the anime. Aya i guess her design to me went in another direction but its okay. Maya is the best one draw out of all of them IMO.
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Put it simply, not as hot as their manga versions. Usually though, it never is, unless it's movie quality. At any rate I don't think Oh!Great worked on the art (wasn't he like a supervisor or something) so that may be part of the reason. Though I really only have a problem with Chiaki, she looks like, 10 or something =/ On the other end of the scale, I think Chibi-Maya looks absolutely adorable, didn't expect that at all, heh.

However I didn't expect the detail in the anime to be as good as the manga, not as high (not just because it's MUCH harder to animate, its keeping that consistant level of animation throughout the series). The action is still very nice, and on the whole I'll still keep watching for now, I'm not disappointed in the anime at all.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Yeah, I really enjoy it., prolly some thign WILL be different, but after the whole LOTR-thingie, which I took way to serieosly ( the changes in the movies ), I've grown up, it's just a series based on the manga, if you want the story of the manga, read the manga and don't watch the anime ...

Anyway, as far as the art goes, I like Ogure's art better, only he makes their breasts to .. what's the word ... humongous ...
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

pv82 wrote:Hey is it me or do the ladies in Tenjo Tenge look a little less ( what's the word...) appealing?
Aya's hair certainly suffered from the transition from paper to television. The cute little messed-up part of her bangs have become a huge, crooked spike. Sure, it's there in her manga character design, but the way its drawn for animation sure makes it stand out. The most glaring example of the characters not looking quite so nice is during the end credits. The poor girl looks like she has a developmental disorder :)

Overall I'm pleased with the animated version. I'm just inclined to be a nit-picker, and there are always plenty of nits to pick when it comes to such things.
Crimson
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Crimson »

Meh, i don't like the character designs in the anime, at some part i think it looks horrible. Also, Aya's voice is driving me insane, i mean its worst than listening to Naga *from the Slayers* laugh.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

burrowowl wrote:The most glaring example of the characters not looking quite so nice is during the end credits. The poor girl looks like she has a developmental disorder
The first thing I noticed was how weird her face looks in the credits compared to the rest of her scenes in the anime. I think it has something to do with her eyes. The space between her eyes looks more narrow than their width--an illusion that's probably caused by her eyelashes.

Anyway, it's quite expected that there's going to be a gap between the art of the manga and the art of the anime. It doesn't really bother me at least. It's just that I like the art of the manga more overall.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Crimson wrote:Meh, i don't like the character designs in the anime, at some part i think it looks horrible. Also, Aya's voice is driving me insane, i mean its worst than listening to Naga *from the Slayers* laugh.
Hey, Naga has got the most appealing laugh in the history of anime, man! Don't tell me you don't like Naga's laughter of death... :lol:
Bomb me, please.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

The most glaring example of the characters not looking quite so nice is during the end credits. The poor girl looks like she has a developmental disorder
She just high off on Love for Nagi :roll:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I know everyone is probably sick of me saying it... but...

tenten 4 by a-s came out today. No clue how good the episode is since I haven't had the chance (nor bandwidth) to d/l the raw or the sub.

anyone get it yet? comments?
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

I'm really looking forward to seeing episode five next week... I just can't wait till I see my favourite fight from the manga animated, heh heh :D
Bomb me, please.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

moyism wrote:I know everyone is probably sick of me saying it... but...

tenten 4 by a-s came out today. No clue how good the episode is since I haven't had the chance (nor bandwidth) to d/l the raw or the sub.

anyone get it yet? comments?
The quality of the art is lower in some segments in my opinion. It's pretty noticeable especially with regard to Chiaki. Moreover, Nagi's mom has not been shown yet. If I'm not mistaken, the part when Masataka wakes up from his nightmare takes place after the scene where Nagi is awakened by his mom.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kujoe wrote:The quality of the art is lower in some segments in my opinion. It's pretty noticeable especially with regard to Chiaki. Moreover, Nagi's mom has not been shown yet. If I'm not mistaken, the part when Masataka wakes up from his nightmare takes place after the scene where Nagi is awakened by his mom.
Actually, no.

Makiko first appeared in the middle of volume 4, after the Bowling Alley fight. We are currently in the very beginning of volume 2.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

You're right. Her first appearance takes place before that other scene when Masataka's father asks him if he has a girlfriend early in the morning. My mistake.
Last edited by kujoe on Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shihbang
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shihbang »

The Anime isn't too bad...it's a little less dark than the manga, but I'm enjoying it so far. Hisakawa Aya is great so far as Maya - I don't know if any of you watched Juuni Kokki, but Hisakawa Aya played a female warrior empress, which I think is perfect for a mature character like Maya. She's my favorite character ^_^