Mistsoumi and villian potential.

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

So, is Takanayagi Mitsoumi still a villian?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:54 am

Yup, past events have driven him over the edge. The old Mitsoumi was is "dead", killed by Shin.
25%
Sort of, but it's obvious he'll soon reform, joining against a larger threat.
13%
He's already a good guy, and won't be bothering Maya, Nagi and gang... much.
No votes
I never thought of him as a villian, for some reason...
63%

Total votes: 8

jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Mistsoumi and villian potential.

Post by jasonred »

When he first appeared, I was all like, holy F!!!, he's scary and EVIL! No wonder Maya is against him!
This opinion was more reinforced when he dissed his brother as being the black sheep for not standing up after fighting 100 people. Which was in fact, untrue, cause he was perfectly fine after that, other than a bad zipping up experience...
The "seduction" of Maya in the midst of fighting was... eh, no comment. I guess some weird girls like that cold look while undressing them?
He seemed sorta morally inclined but misguided when fighting "super" Nagi...
but Bunshici and the POURING WATER episode showed he had some human side. I guess this was the turning point for his character.
His bull fighting showed he could feel sorry for the bull, and he had a tragic past... and was freaking crazy violent.
Searching for the katana, still likes Maya, and is essentially trying to do the right thing... but still a "tough guy"

Then they show the "tales from the past". Starting off with Mitsoumi being his kick ass self, but taking it easy on Maya, a softer version of his current self?

NO! It's cutesy cutesy Mitsoumi! More happy happy than Nagi, and cute like a kiddie!

I'm sorry, but I can never take him seriously as a villian again, probably. Or even boss of the Enforcement Group. Cause when you get right down to it, Bunshici can take him down anytime. I'm not just talking fists, I'm talking Stinky Feet Attack, Armpit Blaster, Exploding Fart Attack, Water Balloon Barrage... oh, yeah, and the fists too I guess.

If Maya had less dignity to her, she could probably have avoided the fight and beaten him with a Super Panty Fanservice Nosebleed Attack!

I'm sorry, but cute Mitsoumi overides tough Mitsoumi...
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Hmm. Perhaps what is required here is a definition of 'villain'. I'm sure Mitsuomi doesn't see himself as a 'bad guy'. Maya probably thinks that Jyuukenbo and herself are the 'good guys'. Is there even an adequate way of pigeonholing the characters into 'good' and 'evil'?

That's such a passe and immature line of thinking. These are characters who believe in their objectives. Unfortunately, their objectives conflict with those of other people/groups. Hence, there is conflict. Whether we perceive each character as 'good' or 'bad' depends in part on how closely aligned out own beliefs and principles are with those of the character's.

While I agree that Mitsuomi is perhaps a little too 'the ends justify the means', I would hardly call him 'evil'. Similarly, I would hesitate to term Jyuukenbo the 'good guys'. Have they really done anything to earn that title?

Agent Wax
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Honestly, at this point, I don't really know what happened to pit the two against each other. I'm hopeful that it will be explained in upcoming chapters...

fugu
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

FuguTabetai wrote:Honestly, at this point, I don't really know what happened to pit the two against each other. I'm hopeful that it will be explained in upcoming chapters...

fugu
Wait. So they haven't explained it in 09 tankos yet?!?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

For the most part, I don't read ahead of what I have translated.
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Oh, ok.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Wait. So they haven't explained it in 09 tankos yet?!?
The past arc is completed by Vol. 8, but you'll see what Shin does to Mitsuomi in Vol. 7 that utterly destroys their friendship... :cry:

Agent Wax
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jasonred »

It's hopefully not something obvious like either betraying Mutsoumi in this tournament, or raping Maya... though I have moderate suspisions about the second...
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

jasonred wrote:It's hopefully not something obvious like either betraying Mutsoumi in this tournament, or raping Maya... though I have moderate suspisions about the second...
I dunno what happens next either... but your second idea is really f'ed up. I hope that doesn't happen cuz at this point Shin seems more like an overly attached, overly protective big brother who wants to always be with his sister, but not in that way...

Although... I believe that's it's not an uncommon manga plotline for two people who are siblings to be in love with each other, but then they find out that they really aren't blood-related and so their love is ok!

Man... if something like that happened that would be so cheesy... though it would explain why Maya doesn't have any Dragon Eye powers.
Masataka's Beeyatch
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Masataka's Beeyatch »

he's no longer a villian material but i wish he was

yeah for the bad guys :twisted: