Thinking of selling my Maya Natsume Volume 9 statutue

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Thinking of selling my Maya Natsume Volume 9 statutue

Post by FuguTabetai »

hey all,

I'm probably going to sell my Maya Natsume volume 9 statute. I like it and all, but honestly, I'm getting a bit old for this stuff. So instead of sticking it in a closet when I have lady friends over, I think I'll just put it up on ebay. Are any nice people here interested?

I think I paid like $30 for it, so as long as I can get about that much I'm pretty happy. I wouldn't include vol 9 though, since I want to keep a complete set for myself.

Wonder if "from the fan translator of the English fan translations" is value-adding or value-removing?

fugu
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

AHHH! I WANT IT! DIBS! >_<
I don't realy need the manga (since I have it from you ^_^ ). But I do plan on getting it when I have a little more money. But I realy want that! I love the last part of the manga where Oh! Great was talking about it's "other pose"... :oops:
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kiryogi »

ahh fubu. i want it ! XD Its been so hard to get on Ebay, was even bidding up to 80 (and will prob still if It comes to that here XD ) . Insanity >_> But yeah, I'm very interested! (You probably might remember that post about me asking about finding it XD)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Well, Mama didn't raise no fools; I'm going to put it up on ebay (right about now actually) but I won't have a reserve on it...

So, if you are interested, here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3284590828
starting at 1 cent, 2 cent reserve. Hope I at least get $30 on it so I cover the costs I put in to get it.

cheers,

fugu
kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kiryogi »

let the bid wars begin :/
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Well, there is only a $0.02 cent reserve, so it isn't like I'm out here trying to make money.

Shoot, if I get more than $30 for this, it will be the only time I've made anything off of Tenjo Tenge. :)
kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kiryogi »

At 41 currently.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Already? Man. Well, anything after that is gravy then. :)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

dang the bidding has gone up to 64 bucks. thats about twice what u wanted :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

$30 wasn't what I wanted... Just what I would have liked to get since that is what it cost me. I'm not really looking to make money off of it, but after all the time and money I've put into getting my translations up on the net, it is nice to get something back finally. :)
dumbo63
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by dumbo63 »

It's a statue? I thought it was jsut a small model. When you say statue you mean like its big and not made out of plastic right?
kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kiryogi »

Wow I was outbidded. But I won't lose this time.

edit- put in my new bid (last bid was 80). Can't you sell it for cheaper or something fubu? :/ Oh and 30 or a bit higher would have been a damn bargain. But as I've stated in the previous topic, these things for nearly a hundred or more (impossible to find I guess) XD Wish we could arrange something. XD
shinta1868
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shinta1868 »

ha ha I beat you out then I was out bid it's $83 right now, I bid $81 after that I was like forget it. It might get ove $150
kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kiryogi »

bastard. :/
swan20
Yuurei
Yuurei

wow, that was quick!!!

Post by swan20 »

does anyone know exactly how many were made???
i bought one one preorder the christmas it came out and another one in july at expo........though the srp wasn't that high.
x.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

dumbo63 wrote:It's a statue? I thought it was jsut a small model. When you say statue you mean like its big and not made out of plastic right?
It is a resin (plastic) figure about 6 inches high. So not that type of statue, no.

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kiryogi wrote:Wow I was outbidded. But I won't lose this time.

edit- put in my new bid (last bid was 80). Can't you sell it for cheaper or something fubu? :/ Oh and 30 or a bit higher would have been a damn bargain. But as I've stated in the previous topic, these things for nearly a hundred or more (impossible to find I guess) XD Wish we could arrange something. XD
I could sell it cheaper, but this seems more fair to me. The person that really wants it (will pay for it) will get it. And, I would be a fool not to auction it and make a bit of money. Honestly, this will be the first benefit I've derived from translating, so I don't feel too guilty. Mamma fugu didn't raise no fools.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

That's right Boi, That's the whole reason people put stuff on ebay. Have u seen those 2 statues of AYA & MAYA that are going for 89 bucks each. TT is a hot item right now, epscially with anime coming out.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

you should be careful - some of the statues that I have seen listed are unpainted and unassembled, but have the painted assembled pictures. (I think they were the cheaper ones though.)
SkullKnight
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SkullKnight »

haha! wow! I won the bidwar for the maya statue when tokyocentral had it on ebay and yeah it got to 90 bucks.

Its collecting dust on my dresser, it got bashed by my gf cause of her breasts ^_^.

fear not comrads, I may be selling it in the future. I"ll be sure to post on here first however.
Out of doubt, out of dark to a day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I really want that statue, if only I was a quazillionaire :cry:
kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kiryogi »

Hah. 150. XD Was asleep too when it ended I guess. I lose again :/
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Holy crap, that's crazy! Anyway, the guy is coming up to meet me now, so that's one dedicated fan.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Way to go for Fugu, what a remimbursment! Hey kiryogi, u are a hardcore bidding mo fo. I thought u were going to win, u beat me when it got to the 80 marker. there's always a next time
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pv82 wrote:Way to go for Fugu, what a remimbursment! Hey kiryogi, u are a hardcore bidding mo fo. I thought u were going to win, u beat me when it got to the 80 marker. there's always a next time
I don't know, I don't think there are many of these Maya statues around. (Although there are knock-offs being sold that were made from one of these statues. But you don't get the pretty box...)

fugu
kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kiryogi »

:sigh: Looks like my next chance will be whenever skullknight puts his up XD Maybe I'll see one at Sakuracon :shrug:
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

FuguTabetai wrote:Holy crap, that's crazy! Anyway, the guy is coming up to meet me now, so that's one dedicated fan.
ooh, so this total stranger is comming to your house to buy your statue ... Are you sure it's safe, there are people who would kill for such a statue :twisted: :D
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

swan20 wrote:does anyone know exactly how many were made???
They appear to have sold out pretty quickly, but then again I think some people bought multiple copies. I've got two copies myself :)
pv82 wrote:That's right Boi, That's the whole reason people put stuff on ebay. Have u seen those 2 statues of AYA & MAYA that are going for 89 bucks each. TT is a hot item right now, epscially with anime coming out.
Here's my collection :)
Pic 1 and Pic 2
That's Natsume Maya, Natsume Maya, Natsume Maya, Natsume Aya, Natsume Aya and Yomiko Readman.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ good stuff. Bought that 1st Maya statue myself too, and very happy with it (though I er... "accidently" broke the hair... #@$#@#$@). :D
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

you mean like the "antenna" bangs? I wonder if theres gonna be any goodies for the 11 volume, what is it 9 day in counting...Hey, im sure someone has already asked but, where can I get a copy of the 11th volume online?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

FuguTabetai wrote:Holy crap, that's crazy! Anyway, the guy is coming up to meet me now, so that's one dedicated fan.
That's what I would a call a rich fan! However, I'd really feel somewhat regretful for spending that much--or selling a Maya statue for that matter.
Shiki
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shiki »

$150! That's crazy. This guy must've really wanted it.
Or he's just damn rich.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Yeah, I could've bought it for that money, but it's just a 'little' more than I'm willing to pay for such a small statue :?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Well, do to the nice windfall from selling the Maya figure, I took a friend out to a nice lunch at Eleven Madison Park (nice restaurant down on 23rd) and then we went and checked out the Macy's annual flower show.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I'd rather have the statue than dinner and a show ^^
SynthTrance
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SynthTrance »

It's great that you could benefit from your hobby of translating manga Fugu! Keep up the good work

btw, the dinner and show is worth it if you're impressing a girl :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

SynthTrance wrote: btw, the dinner and show is worth it if you're impressing a girl :)
You don't think I'd go to a flower show on my own now, do you? :)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

FuguTabetai wrote:
SynthTrance wrote: btw, the dinner and show is worth it if you're impressing a girl :)
Well, actually :lol:

:D

So, now you're selling your collection to improve your social life ^^

Wish I could do that with all the junk I've got piled up here :?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

FuguTabetai wrote:You don't think I'd go to a flower show on my own now, do you?
That's damn clever of you, Fugu. Instead of giving flowers, you bring her to a flower show. You must've made mama Fugu proud! :lol:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

SynthTrance
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SynthTrance »

FuguTabetai wrote:

I'm never one to judge what other ppl like, no matter how odd :)

on another note, tht recent ebay auction posted by pv82 has a pretty high reserve price...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Wimp. I had a 1 cent reserve. And I would have sold it for that too.