TenTen Raw Anime Episode

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

thanks !!!

nice nice nice ! Masataka expressions are so funny !

Please, can you make a screenshot of the preview of 19th episode ? I would like to see Sugano (Asshat). Thanks !
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

We don't see Asshat yet.
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zangetsu »

So, it looks like the anime's up to volume 6, more or less? That means just 3 more volumes till Ishyumi vs Nagi. :D I have no idea how long that is episode wise? But it's gotta be less than 6-7 episodes.

If I had to guess I'd say the season would most likely end with Mohawk guy healing Ishyumi and the first glimpse of the other guys from F. 'course I get my info from Screencaps, so what do I know.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

They usually do 3-4 chapters per episode.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

zangetsu wrote:So, it looks like the anime's up to volume 6, more or less? That means just 3 more volumes till Ishyumi vs Nagi. :D I have no idea how long that is episode wise? But it's gotta be less than 6-7 episodes.
If it reaches that point.

Theres only 6 ep left & 2 that might be on the DVD or become an OVA

The Tournament will last maybe 2-3 ep

& I think if they show the Mit V.S. Shin fight, it's going to have to be a full episode. I wouldn't mind seeing a little extra than what was shown on the manga :wink: . Like how Mit challenged Shin, stuff like that
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Most likely, the ending of the series will be open-ended--or at least, I hope it would. I just don't see it coming up with an ending of its own, especially if the manga is still far from over.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Who said anything about OVA?

It was planned as 26 from the start, as far as I remember.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

But only 24 are going to air on Japanese TV as far as I know.

OVA was an assumption, and it could happen. Those 2 ep can be a link between seasons (if theres going to be a 2nd season) or maybe some wierd spin off
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

they don't have to be OVA, but just special DVD released only TV episodes. Cosprayers, Smash Hit, Wolf's Rain, and Love Love have done stuff like that.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

moyism wrote:they don't have to be OVA, but just special DVD released only TV episodes. Cosprayers, Smash Hit, Wolf's Rain, and Love Love have done stuff like that.
Either one could happen, we won't know for some time.

BTW, incase there is some misunderstanding :wink: . When I say OVA, I don't mean that they are going to restart the story. I mean that those two episodes won't air on TV and will probably only be available on the Japanese DVD's( & maybe the Geneon releases).
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

pv82 wrote:But only 24 are going to air on Japanese TV as far as I know.
And the source for that is....?
Masataka's Beeyatch
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Masataka's Beeyatch »

i think he is talking about that rumor on the Natsume Maya website
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

WooHoo!!!!!!

Episode 19 rocked, plain and simple. To me, this was THE coolest episode in the series so far, but I am probably biased, since it featured my favourite scenes from the manga: Maya vs. Mitsuomi competition. 8))))

Yeah, the episode was beyond cool. We had:

1) Shin starts Jyuukenbu with Mitsuomi and Bunshichi. Bunshichi still rules the earth. But on the other note, in the present time, while he is telling the story to Nagi and Co., he is drinking a coke. A Coke? The hell...?

2) Yup, we see the Maya versus Mitsuomi thing. First the spar at arcades, then at karaoke, then bowling. By the way, none of them can sing if their life depended on it. This was just plain hilarious stuff. 8)

3) This cuts back into Maya's flashback of the time she and Shin were kids and Shin killed their parents. It was a bit ambiguous in the manga, but they made it plainer in the anime that Shin did in fact kill them. Still, pretty much canon stuff. Natsume kids are a cute as ever.

4) Ta-daaa.. we finally get to meet Sugano Kagesada AKA Asshat. The resident Todou pimp is pretty funny. Yes, he is Kuzuo in the original, and I am wondering, how will fansubbers translate that. Maya makes him join Jyuukenbu and it makes for a great scene. 8)

Maya and Mitsuomi bonding is right on schedule, she is certainly falling for him.

The next episode is the beginning of the tournament. The fighting finally begins. Also, Fu Chi'en apparently starts to show his true colors. He has his Chinese Triad thugs with him and they are doing something to Mana and Isuzu. Was this in the manga? I forget.

All in all, an awesomely cool episode. Loved it.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

preview for 20
Image Image
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

[quote="MrProphet"]
He has his Chinese Triad thugs with him and they are doing something to Mana and Isuzu. Was this in the manga? I forget.
[quote]

Yes, they're tied up in the room where Shin goes berserk :)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Wasn't it with Maya? Storyline-wise, it's too early for that scene.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

MrProphet wrote:Wasn't it with Maya? Storyline-wise, it's too early for that scene.
They might be 'tucking in' a bit of the storyline ...
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zangetsu »

Check out Bunchin shamlessly pimping Coca Cola, in that first cap. He looks like he's saying "Always the real thing."

Yay! Sugano. The scene where he's christned Asshat is hillarious. I hope they can soemhow work in the naked Bob scene.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Wow I thought Oh! Great was a Pepsi fan :?
Korasoff-sama
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Korasoff-sama »

zangetsu wrote:Check out Bunchin shamlessly pimping Coca Cola, in that first cap. He looks like he's saying "Always the real thing."
Actually, if you look closely, you'll see the can says "Caca-Cola."

:)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I does :lol:
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Odd. I have a sudden craving for milk...

:twisted:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Hey, this isn't Eiken, leave that stuff out... 8) :roll:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, another nice episode with no. 20.

The trend continues with a string of great Shin-arc episodes, sadly interrupted by a bit of Present-arc awefulness. Sometimes it feels like two different teams animate them. Which could be true, of course, since a single series is usually outsourced to several teams with the main studio doing key episodes, but the Present-arc began to suck badly somewhere around ep. 7-9... I won't speculate, but I see a trend...

But then again, maybe it's just that Nagi sucks so badly that even animators can't help it... :twisted:

Anyway, the Tournament has officially started and Shin rules the earth. He is clearly the main character in this mini-arc (as opposed to Mitsuomi and Bunshichi in some of the previous episodes) and it's mostly centered on him.

Now that Mana has confiscated Reiki, he has trouble controlling the Dragon's Eye and that has reprecussions, when the ghost of his slain mother and father come to haunt him. Interestingly enough, Aya can already feel the Dragon's Eye, as she sensed the presense of ghosts as well.

Dougen, meanwhile, is back to his evil self, trying to seduce Shin to taking back Reiki. Dougen's intentions are pretty obvious there, as he clearly wants to bring out the Monster in Shin, so that a True Warrior (Mitsuomi) can arise to fight him. Shin refuses for now, although he is very tempted. He has been struck by the same bouts of insecurity that Mitsuomi felt earlier. Whether it is Ryuugan acting up, or Shin is feeling threatened by Mitsuomi (who grows ever closer to Maya), or both at the same time, is a good question...

Bunshichi and Asshat make up a great team of slackers, with Asshat cowering in fear and being made into a slave by Tawara, and Bunshichi being his lazy self, letting the "young 'uns" do the fighting, reading manga and scratching balls.

Like the previews suggested, Fu Chi'en acts together with Dougen to inflame Shin. While Dougen's ploy did not work yet, Fu Chi'en finally shows his power to Maya. The episode ends with Fu's thugs ripping off Maya's clothes and Shin walking toward them...

The next episode... all I can say is... bye-bye Arms, if you know what I mean. I'm not sure if they'll show this, as this stuff is pretty graphic, but we know that Shin doesn't take kindly to Fu's messing with his kid sister.

On an interesting note, unlike the manga, anime made absolutely no innuendo regarding what happened to Maya. Manga hinted that Maya was perhaps sexually assaulted by the Chinese guys, but anime makes it kinda obvious that nothing like that happened.

All in all, an interesting episode. A lot of character development for Shin, a lot of Asshat X Tawara humour and Maya X Mitsuomi fighting with the bad guys. Quality animation really makes this series work in a great tandem with and engaging storyline and excellent character development. Pretty good stuff. Nothing phenomenal, but very solid and quite interesting.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Nice, What do you think, 1 or 2 ep left in this arc?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

More like 3-4 episodes. The possible layout?

MANGA SPOILERS!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE STORYLINE!!!

21) Shin goes berserk. Shin vs. Fu Chi'en. Shin injures Mitsuomi with the Forged Needle. The aftermath in the hospital. Shin and Maya socialize.

22) Jyuukenbu beats all the clubs (The Beautiful Flash, anyone? :D ). Mitsuomi defeats the Bruce Lee-lookalike to bring Jyuukenbu to the top. Shin kills Fu Chi'en. Maya starts acting like an insecure baby. The famous scene at the dojo with Mits crying and Shin holding a sword to the back of his neck.

23) The last Jyuukenbu picture. Mitsuomi challenges Shin. They fight. Mana kills him.

The end of volume 7

24) Mitsuomi brings down the house, expelling Dougen. We cut back to Present Arc with Maya in the dojo, looking at Mits with those lovestruck eyes of her's. Masataka is still having those dirty thoughts about Aya, but Maya comes to his place and kicks the crap outta him. Nagi and Bob screw around with Mitsuomi. Maya challenges Mitsuomi for the next Tournament in a month's time.

25) Aya challenges Maya to a fight. They make up. Jyuukenbu is reunited.

26) Aya takes Nagi out to see Dougen and Makiko. We are left with a HUGE cliffhanger.

End of Volume 8.

Or, they could add some cutesy filler with Asshat and Bunshichi and just leave 26 at the end of Maya/Aya fight. Less cliffhanger and anticipation, and more closure. But we'll see...
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

From the way things are going, I have the same prediction as you. It just wouldn't be a typical cliffhanger however, since after vol.8 is when a good portion of the story really starts. It would be quite odd (or downright annoying to the anime-only fans..) for the anime to end at that point in the story.

(SPOILERS!!!!! for Berserk!)

Kinda like the last episode of the Berserk anime if you think about it. I wonder if there's going to be second season. Hmmmm.
Last edited by kujoe on Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Incidentaly, like Berserk, Tenjou Tenge is broadcasted at night, so it's not exactly an audience grabber, due to several reasons.

The second season of Berserk is planned, but it is currently in the so-called "development hell", so the chances of it being animated are slim to none.

My prediction is that Madhouse (creators of TJTG TV) will play it safe and only make the slightest of hints regarding the possibility of the second season. And then, depending on whether the ratings were good (they were bound to be low, but still), they may try for a second season next spring or later on.

Just remember, Cowboy Bebop was CANCELLED after 13 episodes because of dismal ratings and has finished its broadcast on a satellite pay-per-view channel. The fact that we like the show and it seems popular among non-japanese anime fans has very little bearing on anything. So patience is the key here.

We are lucky we got this far with TenTen. Me, I'm just happy we've got a first series, and if they go for a sequel with the F and Kago while none of the storyline is really finished... that would be something.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kujoe wrote:Kinda like the last episode of the Berserk anime if you think about it. I wonder if there's going to be second season. Hmmmm.
Ive heard that rumor from animesuki (its even in the licensed DVD section of the forum even though it doesn't exist, WTF :roll: ). i think it could happen but I think they should let the manga finish to do the anime, unless they plan to go in a diffrent direction. Plus if it follows the manga truely then it would have to be as long as FMA because if I remeber it ended around Vol. 8-9, and the manga is up to Vol 27 & still going strong like TT :) .
MrProphet wrote:Cowboy Bebop was CANCELLED after 13 episodes because of dismal ratings and has finished its broadcast on a satellite pay-per-view channel.
I didn't know that :shock: , its amazing how popular it became (even made a movie).

I hope there is a second season, but I think maybe they should give it atleast a few months before they start back up. Unless, they don't plan on following the manga closely any more.
Agent_Wax wrote:Image

No offense, but if 15 yr olds really look like this there would be a whole lot of people doing time over here :lol:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

moyism wrote: Image
You'd wonder what he's doing ...
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

pv82 wrote: No offense, but if 15 yr olds really look like this there would be a whole lot of people doing time over here :lol:
Man, if they did look like that everyone in the whole world would be doing a lot extra time. 8) Either that, or they lower the legal age. :lol:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Banorac wrote:
I think he's looking for his packet of Mentos or an extra pair of socks :twisted:
jacko wrote:Man, if they did look like that everyone in the whole world would be doing a lot extra time. Either that, or they lower the legal age.
For real jacko, i feel like im commiting a crime just looking at that.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

pv82 wrote:
Banorac wrote:
I think he's looking for his packet of Mentos or an extra pair of socks :twisted:
Oh, THAT's what he's doing, silly me, thinking he was intimidating Sugano with his pecker ... woodpecker that is, you know, a bird with a red he... This isn't helping :shock:
jacko wrote:Man, if they did look like that everyone in the whole world would be doing a lot extra time. Either that, or they lower the legal age.
For real jacko, i feel like im commiting a crime just looking at that.
Smooth Criminal :twisted:

She might be a 'little' too well endowned for a fifteen year old, ... but she's not real ... And neither would *those* be if she was :P
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

MrProphet wrote:More like 3-4 episodes. The possible layout?

MANGA SPOILERS!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE STORYLINE!!!

21) Shin goes berserk. Shin vs. Fu Chi'en. Shin injures Mitsuomi with the Forged Needle. The aftermath in the hospital. Shin and Maya socialize.

22) Jyuukenbu beats all the clubs (The Beautiful Flash, anyone? :D ). Mitsuomi defeats the Bruce Lee-lookalike to bring Jyuukenbu to the top. Shin kills Fu Chi'en. Maya starts acting like an insecure baby. The famous scene at the dojo with Mits crying and Shin holding a sword to the back of his neck.

23) The last Jyuukenbu picture. Mitsuomi challenges Shin. They fight. Mana kills him.

The end of volume 7

24) Mitsuomi brings down the house, expelling Dougen. We cut back to Present Arc with Maya in the dojo, looking at Mits with those lovestruck eyes of her's. Masataka is still having those dirty thoughts about Aya, but Maya comes to his place and kicks the crap outta him. Nagi and Bob screw around with Mitsuomi. Maya challenges Mitsuomi for the next Tournament in a month's time.

25) Aya challenges Maya to a fight. They make up. Jyuukenbu is reunited.

26) Aya takes Nagi out to see Dougen and Makiko. We are left with a HUGE cliffhanger.

End of Volume 8.

Or, they could add some cutesy filler with Asshat and Bunshichi and just leave 26 at the end of Maya/Aya fight. Less cliffhanger and anticipation, and more closure. But we'll see...
couldn't have said it better myself there prophet, the past will end around 22-23 and the series ending with the start of nagi's training. it'll suck badly for the people who haven't read the manga.. :lol:
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

for me episode 24 = Aya VS Maya
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

pv82 wrote:I think he's looking for his packet of Mentos or an extra pair of socks :twisted:
What are you talking about? That's the reason for Bunshichi's greatness!

No wonder his punches are dangerous! :lol:

Damn. Sugano and Bunshichi should get a one-shot about their misadventures or something. The weakling with all the babes and the badass who's in search for the ultimate paizuri! :lol:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

...and chocolate chip cookies.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Everything makes you crave for milk :D
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

seems to me by the time episode 26 hits it wouldnt even surpass the manga. i really hope they dont make a fake ending and have no second season that would piss me off :shock:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I seriously doubt they would do that. The ways things are now, they have to follow the manga unless they plan to scrap the rest of the past arc. Plus it'll be too bunched up trying to get the present arc "over and done with."

I think like most people have been saying, they'll leave the ending open-ended so if TT does decent, they can countinue if need be.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Raws are out for ep21
Moyism, MP, whatdo you guys think Hit or Miss?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Still downloading.

I'll post my impression later, as usual. 8)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^with my usual follow up visualizing MrProphet's great summary.

probably have caps up sometime tomorrow friday afternoon (it's 1am fri for me right now), plus still d/ling it myself.

edit: oops. yea, I think it'll be another hit *knock on wood*. The past arc has been loads better than the present arc so far. 8)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Oh man! :twisted: I guess I should have knocked on wood as well. Bakabakashi! :x

As a foreword, I shall state that I wanted this episode to rock so badly. The scene with Shin going berserk was so freaking cool, it was bound to look great when animated, right? Dammit...

Well, as you might've guessed already, this episode wasn't too spectacular. It wasn't bad, but it was merely OK, when it should have been FREAKING AMAZING!!!

And it wasn't. OK, here are my main gripes:

The story is pretty much the same as manga, no stuff added or deleted. They covered the Berserk scene and the hospital scene, like I predicted.

If you remember the scene where Shin goes nuts, it happenes pretty much in a flash. Shin walk in, sees Maya naked, assumes the worst and just destroys everyone on the spot. Not so here... What they did to much of my annoyance is insert a lot of cut scenes to other people, slo-mo cheapskate fighting and a lot of talking into it. So, the scene that was supposed to just go.... BAM!!!.... well, let's just say that it draqged. Between Fu Chi'en's babbling with Mana, cut offs to Bunshichi and Mitsuomi and other stuff, the ferocity of Shin's actions simply lost momentum and fell through. It was simply very unexciting...

The thing that exasperated me the most is the way they handled Fu's arms. In the manga, it happens so fast and so furiously that the only thing I could think of was.... HOLY CRAP, THAT'S SCARY! In the anime it's not scary... it's freaking hilarious. The way Fu looks at his former arms (coupled with damned slo-mo that should NOT have been there) was just laughable. I was honestly expecting Fu to do a Super-Deformed chibi version of himself, that's the kind of look he gave us there.

*sigh* Oh well... I guess that's life. You can't get everything. There were a couple good and surprising things in the episode, so let me list a few of them:

1) Surprisingly, Maya was nearly naked in that scene. I was expecting a lot of censorship there, but it was the same as in manga.

2) Fu looked awesome for a second or two. Totally badass! But then came the slo-mo fighting and Fu just became another victim. Oh well. 8(

3) Shin impales Isuzu with a couple of her own blades. As is the case with Fu, this scene looked totally badass for a couple of seconds. This was genuinly scary, as this whole scene SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!!

4) We get to see the first Isuzu/Mitsuomi meeting. She is already all over him. To say the least, Maya is not to excited, which makes for another short, but great Maya/Isuzu/Mitsuomi scene that wasn't in the manga AFAIR.

5) Bunshichi and Shin looked great, as always. Tawara didn't do anything special except verbally abuse Mana, but he and Asshat provided a couple of funny facials.

6) Mitsuomi's character design is slowly evolving to reflect his older version from the Present Arc. This is VERY subtle, but still noticable. I like the change. Mitsuomi is starting to look kinda badass as well, something close to Shin and Tawara.

7) We get a lot of Maya-angst... I don't know if it's good or not, but angstly Maya is going to produce a couple of great scenes in episode 22 (with Mitsuomi and Shin).

8) Speaking of the next episode. We get to see the Tournament finals, Maya/Shin confrontation and that awesome Maya/Mitsuomi scene from the Natsume house.

All in all, this episode was rather disappointing. It wasn't bad at all, but it certainly wasn't as cool as it could have been.

So far I have noticed that this series isn't really good at animating fight scenes. We got one amazing sequence in episode 2, but that was pretty much it. Tawara vs. Shin kinda fell flat. Shin's berserk scene was too drawn out and slow. I am not expecting anything great from the final Shin vs. Mitsuomi fight. So, all in all, this is a great character series, but lousy fighting series. When this thing started, I was seriously hoping for something on the level of Naruto. Well, I guess that's not going to happen anymore, unless they pull some great animation out of their asses by the end of the anime.

Sp, there you have it. Out of 10 points, this episode gets about 4 from me. And if it wasn't for a couple of priceless moments, it could have been worse. Oh well, lets hope for the next episode, shall we? 8)
Last edited by MrProphet on Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

MrProphet wrote:So far I have noticed that this series isn't really good at animating fight scenes. We got one amazing sequence in episode 2, but that was pretty much it. Tawara vs. Shin kinda fell flat. Shin's berserk scene was too drawn out and slow. I am not expecting anything great from the final Shin vs. Mitsuomi fight. So, all in all, this is a great character series, but lousy fighting series. When this thing started, I was seriously hoping for something on the level of Naruto. Well, I guess that's not going to happen anymore, unless they pull some great animation out of their asses by the end of the anime.
This is a common problem with manga to anime conversions.. There's very few anime I can think of that were better than the original - I think the Patlabor anime is better than the manga (with a somewhat different tone too) and Gunslinger Girl anime is both very nicely done and slightly better than the original - some bits added (including whole episodes), but basically very well polished (and a totally killer opening).

I'm trying to think of some others where the anime is better than the original manga, but nothing springs to mind. This is just my opinion of course... I tend to prefer books anyway.

I think the problem with fighting scenes is that they're rather expensive to do, so they often get dragged out. As you say, this loses the impact. Strange to say, but I often feel that the literal feel of speed, power, skill, danger etc to be better in the black and white, unmoving, silent manga...

Maybe this is why I have so much manga...
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Agent_Wax wrote:Image

I knew I saw something like this before, it looks just like an Oh Great! artwork from Himiko Den.
I'll post the scan later this week ( my scanner here doesn't work )
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Post by hitori »

shouki wrote:I'm trying to think of some others where the anime is better than the original manga, but nothing springs to mind. This is just my opinion of course... I tend to prefer books anyway.
I can make some recommendations, if you want to check out some well made book to anime conversions. :D
Some recent titles are.

Planetes
An absolute masterpiece of comic made in to an absolute masterpiece animation.
About space exploration: real science and realistic characters, beautifully animated.

Keroro Gunsou
Animation is far far better than comic books.
Comic book is great and very funny, but with the killer animation and super star voice acting, this series is hillarious.
About aliens "trying to" invade Earth... plus Bandai, GunPla and Okatu-ism.

Air Master
Comic is poor, in my opinion.
Animation in terms of storyline, cinematography and artwork is also fair to poor, BUT the action, action, and plot delivery is superb.
You'll enjoy just for the sheer stupidity and excitement of fight scenes.
About a very tall highschool girl who is a gymnast turned street fighter, and her arch rival that you would.not.forget the name of once you watch it.

Some others:
Cho! Gals Kotobuki Ran
Azumanga Daioh
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Read or Die (3 part OVA)
Sentou Yousei Yukikaze (novel to animation)
Scrapped Princess (novel to animation)

These are just the titles that I have seen both the original form and the animated version.
Many superb titles recently...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I can definitely say that I like Air Master's action scene waaayyy better than Tenjo Tenge. Why? Less panel scrolling, this is killing the anime for me, I wonder if it cost more to do the art in AM as compared to TT. I would have thought TT budget would have been larger. TT's charcter designs are at times really nice though