TenTen Raw Anime Episode

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

TenTen Raw Anime Episode

Post by Mephisto03 »

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that the raw is out. NOT by a raw group though yet but you should see it out soon either by l33t-raws or wegetraws. I'm the main raw getter for wegetraws and have class from 5-9 so it'll be downloading in the meantime while i'm there but look for it being up in the next couple hours by either group if your interested. I'm guessing the subbed version will be out sometime in the beginning of next week by some groups. I'll post a link up to when I get back. Right now though its looking like it'll be done in less then 3 hours for me so I'll get it up ASAP when I get back. Currently its 4:19 and I can get outta class at like 8:30.
vesper
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by vesper »

Awesome, I can't wait. ^^<3
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Does anyone know if any group is picking up the sub, maybe AonE or AnimeJunkies??
vesper
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by vesper »

I hope AonE does it b/c they do an excellent job and don't take forever like other fansubbers.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

vesper wrote:I hope AonE does it b/c they do an excellent job and don't take forever like other fansubbers.
I don't want to harp too much, but you really should cut these groups that put out fan translations some slack. You are getting a translation for free - it you want to see stuff live, you should take the time to learn the language. You shouldn't expect fast and speedy service for stuff that is ... free.

Also, they go out on a limb to get this stuff to you - they face prosecution for copyright infringement by distributing the anime.

that said, I'm interested in watching the raw (because I did take the time to learn Japanese) to see how it turned out.
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

I doubt animeone is picking it up. They try to stay away from anime that ALOT of people will be picking. TT is actually very popular and theres alot of interest in it from various groups. Also Aone has shown previews for Baku-ten and some other one, forgot the name but they seem pretty much full already. I'd hate to see animejunkies pick this up, that would be a tragedy. If anything Live-Evil, Lunar , anbu, aone, a-kraze would be my top choices.
BOZZ
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BOZZ »

Didn't someone mention that Live-Evil would be probably subbing TenTen or was that for another series like Initial D?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

see my previous post on the topic: http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... .php?t=393

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

How is this going to be distributed, by the way? I think there are enough people here that want it that it should really be torrented up somewhere. If you like, you can use the TJTG tracker (tjtg.mangatranslation.com:6969/announce - a stock BT 3.4.1 tracker) but you would have to send the .torrent file my way first.

If it will eventually be distributed via BitTorrent somewhere else, that is completely cool too.

thanks,

fugu
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

I keep hearing rumors that TenTen is going to get subbed by everyone and their mother but haven't heard of any groups actually say they'll pick up the series. None at all... But I don't keep up with all the fansubbers, just a few.

Somewhat related is the topic of speed vs. quality. I say it's all personal preference... lots of my friends download Bakasan's Naruto episodes simply because they're always the first ones out. I personally like Toriyama's World and ANBU/AonE much more since they use much better grammar/spelling. It's great that both quality and quick subbers are out there and I appreciate their payless and often thankless work.

My favorite group: [Anime-Keep]. They do high quality work, and I'm very impressed they were the only ones that got the spellings for all the names on Scrapped Princess right. All the characters' last names are also names of gun manufacturers in case any of you never noticed. (Steyr, Galil, Browning,etc.. yes, even Cz and Cassull are names of firearms)
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

Hey guys sorry for the delay. Seems the program when crazy on me while I was away and wouldn't download it. Its going now and also theres raws up the wazoo so i'm trying to get as many as possible and get the best quality one to be released. I'll take some pics of the ep once I get a complete copy in the meantime while the "released" one is being downloaded and picked.

Also whoever pm'd me on rizon (bozzy I think) yes thats me on there, sorry I didn't get pack to you I wans't at my comp.
Zhou
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zhou »

The raw is out at http://anime.mircx.com. It's 342.9 mb long. I really hope that a decent group like Ani-Kraze, ANBU or AonE subs this series, despite the fact that it's already licensed. I really don't wanna have to download those huge raws and try to remember the dialogue from the manga.
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

I really don't wanna have to download those huge raws and try to remember the dialogue from the manga.
Funny, that's exactly what I plan to be doing for the first few eps :twisted:

Many thanks to Fugu and Mephisto03 for making that possible, btw. You guys rock!
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

I still have about an hour left till I get my raw off winny. Its looking to be the same as l33ts raw though. I'm sure they'll bitch about it like usual when we have the same raw releases. If anyone runs a bot though and would like to get it from me so we can serv it faster if bt is going to slow for some people that would be cool. I'm trying to find my bot guys now, you can always hit me up on rizon (/query mephisto03 hello) or just pop in #wegetraws and pm me.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

http://home.nc.rr.com/momotato/

has some screencaps of Episode 1... I fear for the show already :_:
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

Hey guys wegetraws finally has tenjo tenge up and with some some very fast seeds thanks to a freind on irc. You can get the torrent at http://wegetraws.edwardk.info/

And yes yes I know, it ended up being the same as l33ts but shit happens.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

help me out here. what are you talking about with "raw"s and all that?
9TF
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by 9TF »

RAW = Unsubed/dubed
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

nagis face = price less :DD
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Damn, I'm going to be out of town this weekend! What's worse, most likely I woudn't be able to go online! :x
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Hey did Bob look any better in the anime, (Dam Bit torrent is taking so long) :x . I heard he look like a broke ass Milli Vanilli :lol: from earlier skecthes. From the web site to me it looks like they got Takayanagi Mitsuomi to look very close to the manga version.
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

I just watched the raw eps and it's not bad IMO. They do make everything a bit goofier than the manga though. First eps covers the first 2 chapters of manga with a few extra scenes of Aya chasing Nagi around and stuff like that, nothing important.

Voice acting was good for the guys... Nagi, Bob and Masataka. For some reason, I don't really like Aya and Maya's voices. I pictured Maya as the much more serious type.

As for Bob, I thought he looked alright. For some reason they gave him blue eyes though, which I thought was really strange. It looks like Bob really gets the shaft though... notice he barely gets any time on the OP/ED sequences. Everyone but him gets an up-close shot with their name in big letters.

Mitsuomi hasn't shown up yet so we don't know how he really looks. I'll reserve my final verdict of this series until I see 2 or 3 more eps.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I really liked the first ep - it stuck very close to the manga (whoever subs this will have an easy time if they check out the volume 1 script.

The scene with Aya dressing up as a nurse was new I think. I liked Maya's voice actress, in that she hit Maya's funky dialect right on. Aya I didn't like as much, but I can't really pin down why. Well, I don't like the scenes where she fawns over Nagi that much - otherwise her voice didn't bother me. I will say that it seems a bit more clear why she would like Nagi in the anime than in the manga - there is more of a connection to their shared (inner) power and destiny. Of course, it could also just be that seeing this new rendition of the first chapter of the first volume I understand more what is going on and what will happen...

The dialouge was really right on with the manga. I especially liked the comic scene from when Nagi and Maya first meet. "Bob, what should you do when some enigmatic little girl tries to pick a fight with you?" "Dunno." ... "Bob, what should you do when an enigmatic little girl transforms into a super-hot sexy model?" "Dunno"

I like the first ep a lot actually. Bob comes off pretty cool too - especially when he sits down to talk with Masataka. He looks and sounds like the big bad dude he's supposed to be. I did think his voice should be a bit deeper and louder, but it's ok the way it is.

fugu
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Does anyone know if this will last 13 or 26 ep? Im suspecting that they'll do 13 for the 1st season, if it works do the make the second season the past arc, and the 3rd seaon whatever is going on now currently in the manga. u don't think they would just skip the past arc or leave stuff out (like so many manga to anime transitions ie "Berserk") ? :?: :?:
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

FuguTabetai wrote:I like the first ep a lot actually. Bob comes off pretty cool too - especially when he sits down to talk with Masataka. He looks and sounds like the big bad dude he's supposed to be. I did think his voice should be a bit deeper and louder, but it's ok the way it is.
I think that the voice acting for Bob was quite appropriate. If they had gone any manlier it would have looked like a parody: instead of Bob the cool tough guy that all the chicks dig we'd get Bobo the Clown.

For a TV show, the animation is pretty darned good. Some of the mannerisms I didn't appreciate much (they amplified Masataka's wussiness a little too much, IMHO). When reading the manga, with the presense of overly-dramatized mugs (eg. when Souichiro sees Aya naked he makes that crazy face) I interpreted most of the non-exaggerated facial expressions and dialogue as being pretty straightforward and "serious." That certainly isn't how the director of the anime interpreted it :)
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

i liked it, shame i could understand a jack(besides words like baka and korosh and stuff :P)

it seems like masakta talks about the schools history or something, fugu if its ok could you translate that part?
Moesbie
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Moesbie »

FuguTabetai wrote:I liked Maya's voice actress, in that she hit Maya's funky dialect right on.
Maya's dialect took me by surprise, since it's not something that came through the manga translations, at least not that I could tell.

Aya's voice is kinda annoying... too high pitched maybe... but the guy voices were all pretty good.

The opening theme music seemed wierd at first, but the more I listen to it the more i like it. :)

I hope the fight scenes won't look like Ikkitousen's :?

just my 2 cents
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Dude, did u also think Ikki suked Major ASS :evil: :x . I had thought it would be atleast halfway decent (even if it is a tenten rip off). The story went no where and didn't even follow the manga. Sometimes the sexy voluptuous school girls & martial arts formula doesn't work. :cry:
BOZZ
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BOZZ »

I thought at times Seki Tomokazu's voice fit 100% perfectly with Masataka... Nagi's fits, Bob's fits, Maya's too... but Aya's hmmm it'll take some getting used to...

I am surprised where the episode ended at... I figured the episode was over at the midpoint...

And the opening is great... The dancing part hehehe... I was surprised they didn't flash Bob's name as they did with Maya, Aya, Nagi and Masataka...

I can't wait to see Tawara appear in a few weeks...
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I was hoping for a cooler OP and ED animation, as it felt "cheapen". Dunno... expected to see more of the diverse TenTen chars in the OP or some type of forshadowing of future events. oh well.

Yea, also thought TenTen was more of a "serious" type of series but based on the first episode it's a lot more light-hearted. Hopefully, like what happened with Nadesico, they'll slowly get more "serious". I can't see TenTen doing well if it's always easy-going.

VAs... good stuff. I'm pretty much happy w/ all choices so far except Aya's... dunno bout that one. Hopefully she'll be better in later episodes.

Best part of first episode, definitely Maya's transformation sequence. LOL, almost magical-girl stye.. sorta.... heh.
kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kiryogi »

Pretty good stuff, even though the art doesn't represent Oh! Great's designs at all :/ And yeah, Aya's voice sucks. The intro isn't too bad, sorta funny and cute with the dancing. End theme isn't too bad either. After rewatching the raw a few more times, I'm finally getting a feel for the voices. But did anyone think that at first that Seki should have been Nagi and Hoshi as Masataka? Oh, and Maya's voice is pretty good. Really wasn't sure about Hisakawa doing it, but she managed :3 Finally, it's not too hard to watch either. So it should be no problem to follow it raw if no real decent subbers do it. :thumbs up:

edit: oh and the eyecatch was nice. Chibi aya! XD
Last edited by kiryogi on Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

Well, it looks like pretty much everyone (including me) finds the anime a lot of goofy than the manga.

As for Aya, her voice isn't music to my ears. But since no one else will defend her, I guess I will. While she's chasing Nagi, she really is sort of acting childish. The seiyuu's voice definitely carries across that sort of message. For now, I think her voice is pretty fitting. We'll see how she does in more serious scenes.

Earlier, my first time watching the episode, I didn't like Maya's voice. Second time watching, I started thinking it is pretty good. But I can't enjoy it on as many levels as you Japanese speakers, since I only know a lot of buzzwords in Japanese... no idea about dialects.

And no matter how many times I hear Bob talk, I still think of Shannon Cassull... or Kurz. But yeah, it does work for Bob too.

My memory of the manga isn't perfect, but doesn't the next eps preview look like things are way out of order? It seems to explain some of Nagi's past in eps 2. And a quick scene of Isuzu and Sagara showing up already.
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

But did anyone think that at first that Seki should have been Nagi and Hoshi as Masataka?
Masataka is perfect. Ah, I'm a huge Full Metal Panic fan and Masataka even looks like Sousuke too ^_^. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I've never heard Seki Tomokazu play a jerk before, but I think Nagi's seiyuu did very well. I wouldn't change this at all either.
kiryogi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kiryogi »

Ever heard him in Fruits Baskets? (As Kyo)
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

No, I haven't. And I think the only anime I've ever seen that Hoshi voiced was Takuto/Ryu on Argento Soma. Either way, I think it's great the way it is.

Oh, actually I saw all of Scryed too. And other ones too, but I don't distinctly remember him on Angelic Layer, Getbackers or Tokyo Underground.
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

http://mephisto03.5u.com/images/bscap003.jpg

I'm not good with names but isn't sagara the guy with the mask? Which he never took off till late late on. The guy on the right though is introduced at the end of chapter 4. So it would be fitting since it looks like there gonna do 2 chapters per ep that he would be shown. But yeah sagara is introduced in chapter 8.
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

Yeah Sagara is the masked wrestler. Shown on the left in your screencap, without mask. Now that I think about it... judging by the eps 2 preview and from what we know about the manga...

I would guess they're changing up the story a bit. By the looks of it, Isuzu is sending Sagara and Ryuzaki as enforcers (as opposed to Ryuzaki alone) to fight 2vs2 against Nagi and Bob. Sagara will probably beat down Nagi, which sets up their rematch at the bowling alley. It'd be nice if Bob gets some payback on Ryuzaki at the bowling alley too, instead of Sagara beating him. Anime probably won't include the rape part either... This is all just speculation on my part though.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

zip wrote:i liked it, shame i could understand a jack(besides words like baka and korosh and stuff :P)

it seems like masakta talks about the schools history or something, fugu if its ok could you translate that part?
Is is the same as what he said in volume 1 in that scene. The school is a traditional martial arts school established ... Anyway, you should check the link to the translation script for the manga that I posted above.
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

oh stupid me! been a while scince i read the manga
Mazarin
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mazarin »

Needed to be done.
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

awsome! haha
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Mephisto03 wrote:http://mephisto03.5u.com/images/bscap003.jpg

I'm not good with names but isn't sagara the guy with the mask? Which he never took off till late late on. The guy on the right though is introduced at the end of chapter 4. So it would be fitting since it looks like there gonna do 2 chapters per ep that he would be shown. But yeah sagara is introduced in chapter 8.
Isuzu, yay, yay, yay :D
Bomb me, please.
sword
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sword »

how were u able to get avi into gif mode? still cant figure it out
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

Mazarin wrote:Image

Needed to be done.
LOL man, I can't look at that without laughing histerical. Specially when she slowely junps to the left like WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Dancing wasn't really necessary, but I am impressed with that fluid motion they got (more humanistic). I hope they get that close with the fight scenes and Bob's Capeora. (may have mispelled it :shock: ) I have always liked the Capeora fight style. i like the Designs overall, I guess I was wrong on Bob. Hey, what do u think thier going to cut out of the anime???
Mazarin
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mazarin »

If they only animated the rest of the episode like that >.<

Not to say they won't have it in there, but I'm curious to see how they'll tackle Chikai's rape.

Now, I LOVE Tenjo Tenge, and all of Oh! Great's work. I've been following his work since Silky Whip, and it's a wonderfull thing that his story has FINALLY seen screen time. But am I the only one who is REALLY dissapointed in this venture? I'll still watch/buy anything to do with it, but it's not very good...
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Mazarin wrote:Now, I LOVE Tenjo Tenge, and all of Oh! Great's work. I've been following his work since Silky Whip, and it's a wonderfull thing that his story has FINALLY seen screen time. But am I the only one who is REALLY dissapointed in this venture? I'll still watch/buy anything to do with it, but it's not very good...
There are certain realities we need to accept when it comes to TV animated translations of a beloved manga. In the written form, a lot of the details are read into the material by the reader (the tone of voice, exactly how a movement goes from one panel to the next, etc.) that can change a lot about the tone of the story.

By the time the animators and voice actors are done with it, most of these details have been filled in for you, and if your interpretation differed from the director's, some clashes are inevitable. Also, the pacing needs are wildly different between a comic-book format and a 24-minute television show with commercial breaks. This almost always leads to tinkering with the flow of events.

In regards to character design and general animation quality, there are budget and deadline constraints that require the creators to prioritize their efforts. Some of the finer points of Oh Great's artwork would require monumental efforts to faithfully translate into animation, and once a project gets rolling for weekly airing, there are only so many hours in the day to put into things.

Overall I think they've done a good job on the mechanical aspects. I'm not 100% happy with Bob or Masataka's visual design, and I think 99% of us aren't ecstatic over the voice-acting for Aya, but I'd give it a tenative B+ rating for now.
zidox
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by zidox »

I dl really slow with bt (1k/s)

Is there another solution at this moment by any chance ?

I really want this raw :)

Thanks in advance,

greets.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

zidox wrote:I dl really slow with bt (1k/s)

The only reliable way to get faster downloads in bittorrent is to have a faster upload speed. This is where having a broadband connection with a good upload rate (mine is 616kbps) is really handy.
zidox
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by zidox »

burrowowl wrote:
zidox wrote:I dl really slow with bt (1k/s)

The only reliable way to get faster downloads in bittorrent is to have a faster upload speed. This is where having a broadband connection with a good upload rate (mine is 616kbps) is really handy.

mine is 16k/s upload and 10mbit dl :o

from ftp's i easily get +300k/s but with BT always a very very slow download rate (i often upload much more than i dl with it :()

that explains the problem then anyway

looks like i will have to wait hours and hours then..

thx for the reply

Greets.