Real Life Reiki...

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Real Life Reiki...

Post by hitori »

...or something close to it. :wink:

This one is called Heisei no Daitsokuto, meaning The Longsword of Heisei.
It's long alright: 250cm or a bit longer than 8ft.
A normal war sword is about 3 ft long.
The one in the article is modeled after an ancient original which is 256cm.
Very impressive.

http://www.kajidai.com/kasima-tyokutou.htm
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I glanced through the page, but didn't see where the sword was located. Last time I was in Nagoya, I went to a famous temple there that housed a museum of old swords. They had one of the longest swords in Japan there (green grass mower if I recall correctly.) Anyway, just curious where this one is housed.

fugu
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Post by hitori »

FuguTabetai wrote:I glanced through the page, but didn't see where the sword was located. Last time I was in Nagoya, I went to a famous temple there that housed a museum of old swords. They had one of the longest swords in Japan there (green grass mower if I recall correctly.) Anyway, just curious where this one is housed.

fugu
It says it's in the Katori Temple of Sawarasi, Chiba. (in purple lettering)
It's too bad that it was open to the public onlu until Feb 2003.
Had I known about this earlier, I would have gone to Sawarasi just to see this thing. :D

And Green Grass Mower, huh?
I bet these things could mow through more than just some grass lol :lol:
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

FuguTabetai wrote:I glanced through the page, but didn't see where the sword was located. Last time I was in Nagoya, I went to a famous temple there that housed a museum of old swords. They had one of the longest swords in Japan there (green grass mower if I recall correctly.) Anyway, just curious where this one is housed.

fugu
Yes, with no intention what so ever of taking it away huh :twisted: :P
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

fugu
Interesting. I read this Japanese fairytale a long time ago, and the story had this sword called, "Kusanagi the grass cutter" or something like that.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Yep, that was it.
godannar
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by godannar »

something with an expert swordsman who treated his wife like garbage right? I think I read that one
your lips say no-no, but your LIPS say yes-yes!
co0l
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by co0l »

wasn't kusanagi someone who slayed the 8 headed snake?

wtf is this about an expert swordsman who treated his wife like garbage?!? o_O
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I cannot remember the exact title of the story, but I think a good part of it is about a quest for sacred treasures. One of them is a sword, called Kusanagi and the other one is a mirror. I forgot what the third one is called. Anyway, that was a long time ago.

edit: Ok, I just found my book. The title is (according to the translation of the book,) "The Story of Prince Yamato Take." Here's an exercept: There is a story of knightly adventure and daring which explains why the name of the sword was changed from that of Murakumo to Kusanagi, which means grass cleaving.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Himiko-Den has a magic mirror, but the sword's name kutani ... ^^

But that's a whole other story, Ogure made a manga from the story, but it's not that good, it has a beginning, but no ending whatsoever ...

EDIT : Hm, I'm not sure if 'l'