Everything that isn't good in tenjo tenge

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

As far as the whole Nagi V.S. Masataka, I think more focus is shift on Masataka now that he is getting more page time in the next volumes. So people who favor him are going to get more vocal. Nagi's not really as irratating as I once found him, and it seems that his true conflict will be coming real soon (His Father). BTW, Masataka is still only #3 on this forum's poll as far as favorites go, Tawara #1 and Maya #2, Maya was the first reason why i started reading (well that and I was orignally looking for Ikkitousen >Tenjo Tenge blasphemy! :oops: <).

So Heaven's public is great
Oh! great is great
Fugu is great
and this Forum kick ass for us being able to speak our minds on this
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kagezuchi wrote:nagi's character type is very cliched, yeah. :? quite boring. and when i saw the hair color changing thing, i was like geez, this is so original! :?
I didn't like Souichirou so much at first either. But he's actually grown on me a bit. A bit.
kagezuchi wrote: aya is ok, i guess, although she fell in love with nagi so fast, i was like huh???
That bugged me with the Manga too, but I like how later on they've given her a bit more depth to that. I actually thought that the anime explained it a bit better, and I get more a feeling that she feels like a kindred with him because they each share some sort of fate-bound "powers" beyond their control...
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

FuguTabetai wrote: I didn't like Souichirou so much at first either. But he's actually grown on me a bit. A bit.
The problem isn`t character, but how Oh!Great has shown him. let`s look at Naruto, he`s extremely similiar to Nagi. The whole "I need to be stronger"..plus people trewating him like monster etc. But in Naruto we like the character from the start, because his pranks were funny, because we quickly learn why he is hated, we learn how he can risk his life to protect Izuka etc. In Tenjo Tengo there`s nothing like this. We learn about Nagi a lot later, too late perhaps. Propablyt he mangaka realizes his mistake, in recent volumnes Nagi is actualy developing as a character..and in anime we get the " you are a monster" scene in second episode. But fortunately TejnoTengo isn`t manga about one character, even if Nagi is main hero he doesn`t get that much more space than the rest of main characters..so even if one doesn`t like him..there`s still awful lot to enjoy in this series
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

AdrianWerner wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote: I didn't like Souichirou so much at first either. But he's actually grown on me a bit. A bit.
The problem isn`t character, but how Oh!Great has shown him. let`s look at Naruto, he`s extremely similiar to Nagi.
I've never seen any Naruto stuff. Sounds popular though.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I haven't watched it either but I can tell, just by looking at a few pics, that it's indeed comparable--especially with regard to Nagi and Masataka. Personally, my first impression was that both of them are like Sakuragi and Rukawa of Slam Dunk.

You have the energetic, amateur player who's filled with amazing raw potential--and you have the well-trained, experienced player who's stylish and talented.

But I wouldn't try sticking too much on comparisons and preconceptions because they tend to limit my enjoyment of a particular story.
Crimson
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Crimson »

I wouldn't say Naruto is similar to Nagi. Naruto is funny, Nagi isn't. Naruto has something about him that you just like from the start, Nagi doesn't.

They are both powerful put Naruto probably has a more troubled past than Nagi. We don't really know anything about Nagi's past but i can't imagine it being worst that Naruto's.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, I wasn't comparing them based on personality, since I haven't seen a single episode of Naruto. But from what I've been told, in relation to the way they fight, they're quite similar--as in, one guy posseses a power that has great potential, while the other is more polished and talented. And isn't Naruto less trained than Sasuke at the beginning? Well, it sure looks that way to me.