Tenjo Tenge newbie with a few questions

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

nubby
Yuurei
Yuurei

Tenjo Tenge newbie with a few questions

Post by nubby »

Please pardon my english as it is not my native language.
Well I read through all 10 volumes and you can call me slow but there are quite a few things I don't get.

What is everyone fighting for? What are their goals? Are Maya's group fighting just to try and take power away from Mitsuomi's group? Why are the former clan leaders of the red feather training Nagi? What purpose does he serve for them? Are they training him just so he can be the most power? That's all?

There are 12 red feather clans so how come only Soichirou from Nagi can become the strongest? I understand he has the dragon fist but there are 11 other "dragons" from other clans. What makes him special?

Is Tenjo Tenge actually 2 mangas in 1? Seems to me like the mangaka thought of new ideas for an entirely new manga and tried to apply them to an already established manga. I noticed this somewhere in between the series.

How come Nagi turns super saiyan with the exception that his hair turns black? I thought this part was pretty lame. They even made a joke about this with Nagi trying to turn super saiyan when training. LAME

Is there no real balance in the manga? How are martial artists like Bob and Masataka suppose to compete with uber magical demon powers like Nagi's and such of that as F group's leader.

Lastly, what happened to my favorite character, Masataka? Did he die or something? They've developed Maya, Aya, Nagi, and Mitsuomi but somehow, Masataka and Bob have been left in the dust. Somehow though, Bob gets stronger with nothing really happening to him. They never show Masataka. Bob goes with Maya and Nagi goes with Aya, so how is Masataka suppose to get stronger? What does he do in the mean time? Jerk off?
nubby
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by nubby »

Oh and Nagi blows goat! He's probably the most hated main character of a manga series. They're trying to change him now but it's already too late because he's rubbed a few people off the wrong way. They should have done it at the beginning of the series but it doesnt really work after 8-9 volumes, at least not for the main character.
zidox
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by zidox »

I think most of your questions can be found if you browse a few topics here in the forums!

Btw your english is excellent imo (English ain't my native language either)

Btw about the super saiyan part, he doesn't really become a super saiyan, don't know where you get that from (I do remember the part Nagi thinking Takayanagi was doing the kamehameha, which was of course a joke in the manga)

Anyway if I were you I'd have a good look at the forums it helped me out a lot, which will probably also help you!
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I thought the SSJ-jokes to be kinda funny, in a *giggle giggle* way ...

Though his transformation might be similar to SSJ, Nagi gets black hands and hair because he opens the dragon's gate and the dragon partially takes control over him ...

Wel, that's how I see it anyway... AND IT'S HELLACOOL !!!

Damn, ... my Cartman counterpart interrupted ...
Tristan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tristan »

Reading forum backlogs can generally solve alot of problems, especially common ones like these :x. I rarely post, but I read quite often.. and in the case of Bob and Masataka, it's been noted several times that the last 6-7+ chapters of the manga have been about the two. These are the ones that have shown in Ultra Jump and havn't been put in a volume yet.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

nubby wrote:There are 12 red feather clans so how come only Soichirou from Nagi can become the strongest? I understand he has the dragon fist but there are 11 other "dragons" from other clans. What makes him special?
From what I understand, the Nagi clan is sort of like the black sheep among the red feathers. "From ancient times, hated by demons and humans alike..." I really have no idea what Maya's planning to do. And if you ask me, the strongest power is still the Dragon's Eye. The past arc shows that it's more than just a means of predicting the future or seeing the past. (See Shin vs. Fuchien, for example.) I guess I need clarification on this myself.
Is there no real balance in the manga? How are martial artists like Bob and Masataka suppose to compete with uber magical demon powers like Nagi's and such of that as F group's leader.
Dude, Bunshichi is not even a martial artist and he beats Shin. There may be other factors involved, but you have to give credit where it's due. Even Masataka knows that such powers have their limits and their predictability. And you're also forgetting one thing. The red feathers and the white feathers are originally considered as equal--making up the two wings of a phoenix. Plus, the Takayanagi clan, which is a white feather, has toppled most clans--including those of the red feathers. If you ask me, the red feather clans are in the dumps right now. How's that for "balance"?
BuccKevin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BuccKevin »

Dude, Bunshichi is not even a martial artist and he beats Shin. There may be other factors involved, but you have to give credit where it's due. Even Masataka knows that such powers have their limits and their predictability. And you're also forgetting one thing. The red feathers and the white feathers are originally considered as equal--making up the two wings of a phoenix. Plus, the Takayanagi clan, which is a white feather, has toppled most clans--including those of the red feathers. If you ask me, the red feather clans are in the dumps right now. How's that for "balance"?
I guess the mangaka can just say there's balance but if you look at the fights between 2 red feathers, it doesn't seem that way, at least not visually.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

You need 'balance' in a work of graphic literature? Oh hell... I thought the starcraft days already gone past me... heh
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."