Fight 68-72 raw

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

BuccKevin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Fight 68-72 raw

Post by BuccKevin »

for those eager to see the raws, i have chapter 68-72 on #manga-translation @ irc.irchighway.net. it's on the bot opto /msg opto xdcc send #2-6. i know the main channel is on rizon but i'm too lazy to switch servers. also, i consider rizon to be an anime server and irchighway to be a manga server.
Last edited by BuccKevin on Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mazus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mazus »

Thanks alot man.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SO VERY MUCH. I can not wait till the end of summer for vol 12 no way I could last that long.
BuccKevin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BuccKevin »

even if you're gonna leech off my link, drop by the channel and chat ;0
sword
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sword »

I LUUUUUUUB UUUUUU
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

They're awesome.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

That is sswwweeeeetttt, BuccKevin! I just ordered the new issue of UJ from my Kinokuniya. Wanna see Bunshichi send Fu back to hell...

1). It's awesome to see Masataka cut loose like that 8) . The boy is obviously Takayanagi in blood.
2). Soichirou's dad is some kinda dirty old man necromancer with an even weirder hairstyle than his kid. Nice machete, in any case.
3). Looks like Mitsuomi's hopes for Bob were not misplaced. That's some nice fighting...
4). Hope Isuzu's okay, though. Dickhead Mitsuomi didn't even look the least bit interested or concerned when she went down :x . She should just give him the finger and hook up with Bunshichi or something. I think she still owes him a few paizuris...
5). This begs the question, though. Are Madoka and Frankie Fu the only F members being controlled by Soichirou's dad? Are the rest doing what they're doing willingly, or are they all nice people being manipulated by the puppet master?
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Agent_Wax wrote:4). Hope Isuzu's okay, though. Dickhead Mitsuomi didn't even look the least bit interested or concerned when she went down :x . She should just give him the finger and hook up with Bunshichi or something. I think she still owes him a few paizuris...
Oh, I do, too. Hey, it's the first time she does something to help the good guys, it would be pretty fucked up if it would be the last... I mean, her performance was quite cool (and I like that pretty outfit), would be too bad if she was dead now. But, what the heck is a 'paizuri'?

Anyway... what do they say on this page?

Do they say something like "Uh, what a pity, Madoka killed poor Isuzu from behind" or what? :?:
Bomb me, please.
BuccKevin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BuccKevin »

Isuzu gets about half a page on chapter 73 in Masa's flashback. I think she looks cuter back then, she looks pretty thin. She looks fat/chubby now ;)
Personbot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Personbot »

It looks like things are getting very interesting and since I haven't learnt Kanji yet I can only read so much of it. And even then its only random bits and pieces, so would there be any chance of getting translations for these chapters?

It would definatly make Fugus job easier to scanlate them later on.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

BuccKevin wrote:Isuzu gets about half a page on chapter 73 in Masa's flashback. I think she looks cuter back then, she looks pretty thin. She looks fat/chubby now ;)
Well, the fat form is only a temporary one - if she really survived that stab, she'll probably needs to relax a bit in her normal form, because her thin form consumes energy to be held up.

Anyway, if it's a flashback, that doesn't say if she survived Madokas attack from behind. oO
Bomb me, please.
BuccKevin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BuccKevin »

Yeah I was talking about her thin form. She looks even thinner back then compared to now.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

BuccKevin wrote:Yeah I was talking about her thin form. She looks even thinner back then compared to now.
Yes, she did, but I think it's better now, because she looks more like a woman. The picture in my sig is from the past arc, and you're right, she *was* thinner then... but I'm in for the real women, not those skinny girlies, so the present Isuzu is quite purrfect for me. :D
Bomb me, please.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

It's most likely that Isuzu's ability in manipulating her form can play a big role in saving her life. She'll just probably be out of action for a while--which is too bad, because I find her appealing when she poses and fights. No more fights for her in the meantime at the very least.

That short Isuzu vs. Madoka segment is cool btw. Sure, Maya and Aya have their swords--but seeing Madoka and Isuzu pulling blades out of nowhere with their skirts flapping in the air is another thing entirely. Bob also performed well here too. I'd really like to see him fight again. And, I agree--Isuzu's outfit was reeaally pretty in this one. :wink:
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

And, I agree--Isuzu's outfit was reeaally pretty in this one.
It's the tie, right? Guys dig the tie. :P
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Agent_Wax wrote:
And, I agree--Isuzu's outfit was reeaally pretty in this one.
It's the tie, right? Guys dig the tie. :P
Perhaps.

Well, aren't ties meant to be worn by gorgeous women? ;)
Bomb me, please.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Now that pic screams hotness.

But you guys forgot to mention the wide cuffs of her sleeves! :D
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

Wow.. Fu defeated Aya when she was using DragonEye
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Fu IMO is one of the strongest fighters (though not THE strongest), Electricity Element User. Plus he's being controlled like a puppet which means he can fight till he's just a stump. BTW, Maybe it's just me but Izuzu looks like she had some kind of growth spurt or something :shock: :twisted: . Izuzu over Madoka any day of the week
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

pv82 wrote:Fu IMO is one of the strongest fighters (though not THE strongest), Electricity Element User. Plus he's being controlled like a puppet which means he can fight till he's just a stump.
But he was defeated by Masataka..so either he`s weaker than we though or Masataka is stronger than we though..I`m betting on the second option :)
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

AdrianWerner wrote:But he was defeated by Masataka..so either he`s weaker than we though or Masataka is stronger than we though..I`m betting on the second option :)

And I'm betting that all strength is relative in this Manga. This isn't DragonBall, where you exactly know who's gonna win a fight. *g*

On another day, Fu perhaps would have cut Masataka to pieces - who knows?
Bomb me, please.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

AdrianWerner wrote:Wow.. Fu defeated Aya when she was using DragonEye
You might also want to consider Aya's proficiency in the Dragon's Eye in the first place. Obviously, she's not yet that good. As it can be seen in the previous chapters, she's still developing a feel for it.

It's not really surprising that Fu Chien beats her.
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

kujoe wrote:
You might also want to consider Aya's proficiency in the Dragon's Eye in the first place. Obviously, she's not yet that good. As it can be seen in the previous chapters, she's still developing a feel for it..
That`s true. Plus..she herself is actualy weak, Shin was strong even without DragonEye. But I think scenes like Fu defeating Aya and Nagi senior defeating his wife are to show us that just because you have DragonEye doesn`t make you undefeatable.
kagezuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by kagezuchi »

what was fu? a robot? a zombie? i wonder if they mention whether the new fu is stronger or weaker than the old fu.

masataka looks like he's rocking, though, hehe.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

kagezuchi wrote:what was fu? a robot? a zombie? i wonder if they mention whether the new fu is stronger or weaker than the old fu.

masataka looks like he's rocking, though, hehe.
I guees he's a bit stronger with all that artificial shit in his body... but, also, he seems to be quite out of his mind. Poor guy, he must be having nightmares of Shin beating him up all the time. *g*
Bomb me, please.
Crimson
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Crimson »

kujoe wrote:
You might also want to consider Aya's proficiency in the Dragon's Eye in the first place. Obviously, she's not yet that good. As it can be seen in the previous chapters, she's still developing a feel for it.

It's not really surprising that Fu Chien beats her.
I think that only proves how weak she is. If she is only depending on the Dragon's Eye then she is not a good fighter. She is probably the weakest of the group right now.

I'm not suprised Fu beat her either but it didn't even look like she damaged him one bit.

She needs to train more instead of being obsessed over Nagi, she reminds me of a certain girl in Naruto...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

She needs to train more instead of being obsessed over Nagi, she reminds me of a certain girl in Naruto...
Come on guys, poor Hinata tries pretty hard, if anything Aya is more like Sakura (naruto reference)
Crimson
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Crimson »

pv82 wrote:
Come on guys, poor Hinata tries pretty hard, if anything Aya is more like Sakura (naruto reference)
......, i meant Sakura not Hinata. Hinata kicks ass, she just doesn't didn't have much confidence in herself. Sakura on the other hand is just plain useless.
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

I think that this Fu is weaker than the old Fu .... See chapter 73 (thanks Bucckevin): One punch of Bunshichi and he is K.O .... the old Fu was very strong (he beats Maya easily ....)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Crimson wrote:I think that only proves how weak she is. If she is only depending on the Dragon's Eye then she is not a good fighter. She is probably the weakest of the group right now.

I'm not suprised Fu beat her either but it didn't even look like she damaged him one bit.

I think her need for more training is one of the reasons why she joined the Jyuukenbu in the first place, don't you think? Yes, she is weak at the moment--but this is also the reason why it would be possibly interesting to see how she develops in the future chapters--how she will cope with herself amidst her sister's shadow, and how she will mature.

In fact her "obsession" over Nagi is one of the reasons why she wants to become better. She's not the most interesting female character around, but in my opinion, she's still better than any character who's portrayed without any sense of conflict at all.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

I know I'm a jerk but can someone get a link to that site or something? I don't know how to get to the mangas. And weren't there links to them earlier 'cause I got #68 yesterday and I don't remember where?
Tristan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tristan »

You know, I'm suprised Oh! Great has managed to keep his gag with Sugano/Asshat going for so long. If you've noticed.. he NEVER fights, I mean he gets in fights.. but the story immediately changes to someone else or another scene, so we never know how well or even how he fights.

Anyways, I was wondering if he ever mentions how he fights in these newest chapters, since he talks alot. He wears boxing gloves, but uses an open palmed fist in one scene.. It's just odd, because I'm wondering how long the mangaka is going to keep it up.

Thanks for any help you can give.
kagezuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by kagezuchi »

Spawn wrote: the old Fu was very strong (he beats Maya easily ....)
yeah, the old Fu was strong for sure, but I don't think Maya back then was anywhere as strong as she is now. In the present arc, I think Mitsuomi once commented that she has gotten really strong now.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

pv82 wrote:
BTW, Maybe it's just me but Izuzu looks like she had some kind of growth spurt or something
Perhaps she's just controlling her fat better. :)

And with regards to the discussion, I'd just like to point out that 'stronger' does not always guarantee success or victory. There are plenty of other factors that affect the outcome of a fight, including plain old dumb luck.

Agent Wax
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Tristan wrote:You know, I'm suprised Oh! Great has managed to keep his gag with Sugano/Asshat going for so long. If you've noticed.. he NEVER fights, I mean he gets in fights.. but the story immediately changes to someone else or another scene, so we never know how well or even how he fights.

Anyways, I was wondering if he ever mentions how he fights in these newest chapters, since he talks alot. He wears boxing gloves, but uses an open palmed fist in one scene.. It's just odd, because I'm wondering how long the mangaka is going to keep it up.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Well, if that punch he gave to Nagi is any indication, then perhaps he can indeed fight. Then again, maybe not--or maybe he's just the type of guy who doesn't like to get his hands dirty.

He doesn't really have to fight anyway. Is he just there for comic relief? Maybe Asshat plays a different role within the group.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Now that we're on the subject of this guy. how do say his name?

Ass-hat or Ashat or Ashot?
He's cool and funny nonetheless.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I got a question on Masataka, on page 20 of Fight 72, why is he holding his heart while being surrounded by snakes. That image made me very suspicous about him or is it his well being that is in chaos???
BuccKevin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BuccKevin »

pv82 wrote:I got a question on Masataka, on page 20 of Fight 72, why is he holding his heart while being surrounded by snakes. That image made me very suspicous about him or is it his well being that is in chaos???

probably the terror of looking at Fu's eyes. it looked like he was going to do his special, saw fu's eyes and went down.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

solidis1 wrote:Now that we're on the subject of this guy. how do say his name?

Ass-hat or Ashat or Ashot?
He's cool and funny nonetheless.
Err, his name in Japanese is not "Ass-hat" - I just made that up. He is "Kuzuo" (something similiar to ass hat, has implications of "pompous bastard" or something) and later on they say his real name. Which I've forgotten. I need to actually adjust the name I use for him in all my translations so it is Asshat (Real Name) or something.