Tenjo Tenge Episode 4 What the ......!!!!!

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Well, Naruto and HXH ( don't know it ) might be more popular, but that doesn't mean that they're better, they just have a bigger crowd, I don't see a ten-year-old buying Ten Ten, do you ? :wink:
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

one last reply before this dies out : dragon ball was more popular than any other thing in the world, doesnt qualify as awesome, but it was popular.
and its all a matter of taste

and episode 4 rawked, they had nekkid maya and aya. i think for anime, the pacing isnt too bad at all. kinda smooth i think
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

Crimson wrote:
AdrianWerner wrote:
Crimson wrote:How is the storyline in HxH pathetic? The art is very good, its just that currently the manga artist is not very healthy so the chapters in jump may look bad but he re-do them for the book releases.

I think the story in HxH is alot better than TT. I'm not going to make a long debate over this but just do some reseach on Naruto or HxH and you'll see how much popular those two are than TT.
What does popularity has to do with quality ? :) And HxH and naruto are all very simple(HxH even simplier than Naruto)...simple one-dimensional characters, simple emotions etc. I haven`t seen anything in neither Naruto nor HxH that could compare to past Arc of TT. Even though I do like Naruto more than TT.
Crimson
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Crimson »

Banorac wrote:Well, Naruto and HXH ( don't know it ) might be more popular, but that doesn't mean that they're better, they just have a bigger crowd, I don't see a ten-year-old buying Ten Ten, do you ? :wink:
I don't know if 10 year olds buy Ten Ten, i don't see anyone buying it as a matter of fact. But since Ten Ten has more fanservice than theres fighting then yeah, i don't think much 10 year olds would want to pick it up.

And just because Naruto and HxH was created for a young audience, that doesn't mean alot of kids are reading it. HxH is a manga with alot of blood and killing in it. Naruto might be a little tame but i still see more teens picking it up than kids.

Saying something is better than something else is up to one's own opinion. Obviously not everyone is going to think the same. I think Naruto and HxH is better than Ten Ten and i know tons of other people that thinks so also. If you think Ten Ten is better then fine, i'm not going to say you're wrong and that you should like Naruto and HxH better.

And then you have manga's such as One Piece, Berserk, those i like so much better than Ten Ten. Those are the type i would just read over and over again to see the cool fights.

Anyway at least those two manga's can have a great story without fanservice to drive the sales.

As a fighting manga, i rate Ten Ten on the same level as Ikkitousen.
AdrianWerner wrote: What does popularity has to do with quality ? :) And HxH and naruto are all very simple(HxH even simplier than Naruto)...simple one-dimensional characters, simple emotions etc. I haven`t seen anything in neither Naruto nor HxH that could compare to past Arc of TT. Even though I do like Naruto more than TT.

Well i was just saying how the amount of people that i've talked to that reads Ten Ten, HxH and Naruto has a preference of the other two than Ten Ten. TT is liked by a number of people, but i think Naruto and HxH has something else to it that they like alot better. And like you just said, you like Naruto better even though you think the characters are one-dimensional.

Just the past arc of TT? What about the current arc? Its interesting that you brought that up because not too long ago i was talking to a few people that liked Ten Ten and they said the back story arc is the best part in the manga. And in any manga, a person isn't suppose to like the backstory better than the current arc.

I don't think HxH is that simple. The characters show real emotions even more than in Naruto. TT is also the same, its a bit more adult (as in tons of fanservice) but then you also have some simple parts in it. The way characters act such as Nagi and Bob i think is not that much different from other manga's.
zombi3d wrote:one last reply before this dies out : dragon ball was more popular than any other thing in the world, doesnt qualify as awesome, but it was popular.
and its all a matter of taste

and episode 4 rawked, they had nekkid maya and aya. i think for anime, the pacing isnt too bad at all. kinda smooth i think
Like you said, its a matter of taste. You think that it doesn't quality as awesome but there are probably thousands of people out there that do think its awesome.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Crimson wrote:Just the past arc of TT? What about the current arc? Its interesting that you brought that up because not too long ago i was talking to a few people that liked Ten Ten and they said the back story arc is the best part in the manga. And in any manga, a person isn't suppose to like the backstory better than the current arc.
You have to consider the reasons why some people would think like that. For example, some prefer the past arc because of its story and its fighting drama appeal, while others would simply praise it to the skies only because they hate the characters in the present arc. Now, is there anything wrong with that? Your call. People have similar reactions to other manga out there in varying nuances and for different reasons.

Furthermore, a present arc isn't supposed to be always the favorite of the fans. Readers are free to like anything they want. Just like you said, different people have different opinions. However, I do admit that any given present arc should be strong since it's there for the long run, and obviously, Aya's growing bust size is not the only topic worth talking about with respect to the present arc. (just one of them :P)

God, this is getting ridiculous. Okay guys, let's stop this argument before this gets out of hand.

I wouldn't want to see a TT vs. HxH vs. DBZ vs. Naruto debate going on here, that's for sure. It doesn't matter who started it and why (heck, I even played a part in this) but please guys--let's get some maturity back in here. We're talking about episode 4, right?

So about episode 4--cool episode btw. Probably because I think it's funny how Maya was teaching Nagi in her child form. I mean, how can anyone even concentrate in that situation?
Crimson
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Crimson »

kujoe wrote: God, this is getting ridiculous. Okay guys, let's stop this argument before this gets out of hand.
yeah i'll do that because i know its just going to go on and on and the thread will just lose the purpose it was created for, not that it hasn't already.

How long is the anime suppose to be anyway? For some reason i don't see it being as long as the manga.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I think 13 ep Although I heard 26 but I really don't see how with out running into the past Arc (which VA have not been anounced to play those parts I think) or skip thru it (wouldn't make much sense though??) Unless they decide to go in another direction (we have seen that the anime has been changing and adding things in)
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

Crimson wrote:Just the past arc of TT? What about the current arc? Its interesting that you brought that up because not too long ago i was talking to a few people that liked Ten Ten and they said the back story arc is the best part in the manga. And in any manga, a person isn't suppose to like the backstory better than the current arc.
Why isn`t a person supossed to like past arc better? You wrote you are a Berserk fan..and well....past Arc is also the best part of Berserk manga :)
krylon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by krylon »

Fanservice may entertain some people but it's definately not the reason why I like TenTen more than any other anime. In fact, I'd rather have TenTen without the fanservice (although that would cut out much of the series and make episodes pass by too quickly)...
The reason I watch Tenjou Tenge is that it's nearly real world at present day. It has exactly the degree of realism I like. I'm getting tired of fantasy worlds with crazy things. They do have many imaginative things in TenTen but I believe in Ki, just not to such an extent as the show uses. TenTen makes me want to just get off my lazy @$$ and start training. :wink:
Crimson
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Crimson »

pv82 wrote:I think 13 ep Although I heard 26 but I really don't see how with out running into the past Arc (which VA have not been anounced to play those parts I think) or skip thru it (wouldn't make much sense though??) Unless they decide to go in another direction (we have seen that the anime has been changing and adding things in)
Thats what i think also. I don't really see it going into the past arc because thats a long arc and it doesn't even feature the main character. I just don't see them not showing the main character for that long.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Actually, they can do a past arc with no problem.

Here's the deal. Episodes 1-3 = Volume 1. Episodes 26 = Volume 8+

Thus, they'll be able to do the Present Arc, then the Past arc, then, again, the Present Arc.

Personally, I think that they can stop right at the beginning of the F Arc, which begins in Volume 8 and 9, by the way. In fact, they should end it with the Maya-Aya fight for Reiki and Maya's challenge to Mitsuomi for the Tournament. Those scenese have a sense of completion to them, as we go into the F Arc.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

I haven't watched any episodes, so I may be off here, but why's everyone complaining about Bunshichi's hair? He's always had purplish-black hair in the manga. :?

Agent Wax
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Agent_Wax wrote:I haven't watched any episodes, so I may be off here, but why's everyone complaining about Bunshichi's hair? He's always had purplish-black hair in the manga. :?

Agent Wax
It's more brown-purple I think, .... But it's whiter than white in the manga most of the time, only in the few colourart pages he's got brown purplelike hair