TenTen Chap 64

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

moyism
Senpai
Senpai

TenTen Chap 64

Post by moyism »

Once again, you rule Fugu! Currently d/l it.... I wish I could help and seed but college BW limits pretty much kills that idea.

Figure someone would open a topic on the newest translated chap... so yea. hehe 8)
Saito
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Saito »

im seeding now with my crappy 30kb/s
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Extreme major props go to Ki Shodar for his excellent work on touching up the images, removing gutter shadows from double pages, and generally doing the things that I can't with GMAO. He got that stuff pounded out right proper quick.
mcgrady
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by mcgrady »

thanks for the great work guys :)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

just finished. Again, thanks Fugu & Ki for bringing us non-reading Japanese folks the joys of TenTEn. dunno what I loved more... the fight or the color inserts. :D

*SPOILER ALERT*
nagi gaining the ablities of the other dragons.... interesting
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I can seed about 200-250 kbps for some time. I would consider it my own thank you to Fugu, Ki and all the guys who helped bring us TenTen. Seeing Fugu translate (through GMAO) at his breakneck speed... WOW.. that is something.
Slateboard
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slateboard »

Currently D/L it. To be a seeder, you just have to keep the window open right?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:I can seed about 200-250 kbps for some time. I would consider it my own thank you to Fugu, Ki and all the guys who helped bring us TenTen. Seeing Fugu translate (through GMAO) at his breakneck speed... WOW.. that is something.
And finally added more fine-grained tracking of when bubbles are made. Down to the minute accuracy now! (Only the creation time of the first bubble is listed on the page though.)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Slateboard wrote:Currently D/L it. To be a seeder, you just have to keep the window open right?
Yes. Right now: 95 seeds, 74 downloaders. Also, what do people think about not zip'ing the chapters? It is really, the intelligent way to do it. Because people can request individual pages that way, and can read as they download...
Slateboard
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slateboard »

I like it unzipped...
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

A couple of translation comments... I hope it is of some use.

--------------

Aya's words on page 12:

watashi wa... uun... moshikashitara onee-chan de sura kanawanai kamo shirenai...!!

The immediate lines around this refers to Souichiro getting stronger and even with her Dragon's Eye it'd be hard stopping the two. So I read this as Aya saying: I... no... even my sister probably couldn't match him/them...!!

I don't think Aya's speculating she could beat her sister by using her Dragon's Eye.

--------------

page 19 - "agito"
Maybe "maw" would be slightly better than jaw here...?

I did a little search on Google for agito and jaw and came up with this:
http://www.s.soka.ac.jp/~hkaneko/etxt/hebon1st-a.html

"aku ryuu no agito ni kakaru" = "to fall into the jaws of an evil dragon"

I guess Oh Great doesn't just make up kanji at random after all ^-^

--------------

page 24 - I think "kono hitotsuki temee ni dekiru ka magabarai!!" is more like "can you match this single strike eh!" in meaning - it's more like a challenge to Souichirou (hence page 25). That's the feeling I get from vaguely remembering such a word pattern in fights elsewhere (in other manga/anime)
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Umm... Where can I download what you guys are downloading?
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

solidis1 wrote:Umm... Where can I download what you guys are downloading?
On the downloads page. how did you get the previous chapters?
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Nice job guys. It is great reading these with actual words I can understand.

I wondered about the Water Bullets while reading this raw, and it is pretty cool that Nagi can do this kind of stuff now.

All he has to do is go after all the other Red Feather family members and he might be able to beat Mitsuounmi.

SPOILER BELOW

Not to mention, I think his dad is going to personally train him anyway now.
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

great, currently downloading the chapter.
Thank you Fugu and Ki
batou
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by batou »

Doumo arigatou to Fugu-san and Ki-san for doing such excellent work on 天上天下. Yup, the speed at which Fugu-san brings out translated chapters is amazing.
Hotaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Hotaru »

Sugoi!!! Thanks a lot for giving us great manga.
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Yes, much <3 fugu for your past, present and future work :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

shouki wrote:A couple of translation comments... I hope it is of some use.

--------------

Aya's words on page 12:

watashi wa... uun... moshikashitara onee-chan de sura kanawanai kamo shirenai...!!

The immediate lines around this refers to Souichiro getting stronger and even with her Dragon's Eye it'd be hard stopping the two. So I read this as Aya saying: I... no... even my sister probably couldn't match him/them...!!

I don't think Aya's speculating she could beat her sister by using her Dragon's Eye.
I think you're exactly right here. I was having problems with that line. Thanks. I'll fix it in the volume release.
shouki wrote: page 19 - "agito"
Maybe "maw" would be slightly better than jaw here...?

I did a little search on Google for agito and jaw and came up with this:
http://www.s.soka.ac.jp/~hkaneko/etxt/hebon1st-a.html

"aku ryuu no agito ni kakaru" = "to fall into the jaws of an evil dragon"

I guess Oh Great doesn't just make up kanji at random after all ^-^
You are right, "maw" would be better than jaw. I just went with Nelson's, because, come on, it's Nelson's. That thing is like, a canonical reference. And Oh Great! does use some wicked kanji. Like, "ikuseisou" (幾星霜) a few times for "how many years" (何年) and "koyoi" (今宵) for tonight.
shouki wrote: page 24 - I think "kono hitotsuki temee ni dekiru ka magabarai!!" is more like "can you match this single strike eh!" in meaning - it's more like a challenge to Souichirou (hence page 25). That's the feeling I get from vaguely remembering such a word pattern in fights elsewhere (in other manga/anime)
Thanks, I changed that to "Can you match this, Demon Exorcist" which sounds a bit better to me. All these changes will pop up in the volume torrent (or the online script, and javascript versions) with a little translator note thanking you. Except for the maw one. I don't think I added a note to that one. Thanks!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Chello wrote:Nice job guys. It is great reading these with actual words I can understand.

I wondered about the Water Bullets while reading this raw, and it is pretty cool that Nagi can do this kind of stuff now.
If you (or others) are reading the raws and want a translation (Faster than I release) you can check out my script: http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_11_Trans.html. That is always up-to-date with what I have translated, regardless of where the release is at. The image links don't work - I disabled them due to bandwidth problems. Also, I'm not linking the Javascript versions for a similar reason.

But I'm really glad to help out any Japanese language learners.

fugu
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Hey Fugu thanks for including the Maya color pic :lol: . She is so Dam Sexy :twisted: Whoever ends up with her will be one lucky bastard (Dam you Mitsumi)
JM5000
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by JM5000 »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Chello wrote:Nice job guys. It is great reading these with actual words I can understand.

If you (or others) are reading the raws and want a translation (Faster than I release) you can check out my script: http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_11_Trans.html. That is always up-to-date with what I have translated, regardless of where the release is at. The image links don't work - I disabled them due to bandwidth problems. Also, I'm not linking the Javascript versions for a similar reason.

fugu
Thats cool, thanks man. it'll give us ("raw" manga owners) a head start.
Nicholai
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nicholai »

Man, I promise I could kill the guy who made bittorrent becuase everybody and their damn mama uses it and it fucks up my computer!!

Can anybody upload it? One of the mirrors said some bullshit about password required and the other just didn't work.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Nicholai wrote:Man, I promise I could kill the guy who made bittorrent becuase everybody and their damn mama uses it and it fucks up my computer!!

Can anybody upload it? One of the mirrors said some bullshit about password required and the other just didn't work.
At the risk of seeming brusque, maybe you should fix your computer. Try an alternate client, perhaps? There are several out there. Do you have some kind of firewall fouling things up?
Nicholai
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nicholai »

I've tried different clients that run bittorrent, but they all have eventualy froze my computer.
MDVega
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by MDVega »

Nicholai wrote:I've tried different clients that run bittorrent, but they all have eventualy froze my computer.
I used to have that problem. This might help:

http://dessent.net/btfaq/#freeze

Fugu - the way torrents work, unfortunately, you can't read until the whole file is finished, so I imagine it doesn't matter whether the file is zipped or not.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MDVega wrote:
Nicholai wrote:I've tried different clients that run bittorrent, but they all have eventualy froze my computer.
I used to have that problem. This might help:

http://dessent.net/btfaq/#freeze

Fugu - the way torrents work, unfortunately, you can't read until the whole file is finished, so I imagine it doesn't matter whether the file is zipped or not.
BitTorrent is a protocol - there is nothing in the protocol preventing a client from grabbing one file and making it readable before the whole torrent is done. Azureus is one client that can do this - and lets you choose which files to prioritize. The mainline client can't do this, but I'm sure there are others that can.

For Nicholai: Man, life is tough sometimes. BitTorrent isn't inherently destructive to machines, so looks like you've just got some bad luck...
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

I feel your pain Nicholai. Ever since I brought my computer with me to my college dorm, it constantly crashes if I try to run bittorrent. It's never been the same. Damn college can be evil.

That was a year ago. I moved out to an apartment, cleaned off all the university software I had to install at the dorm, etc. Still crashes my computer. My roommate last year had the exact same problem. He told me he tried to format his harddrive and even that DID NOT fix it.

Hopefully MDVega's trick works... ^_^
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Try ABC client too, it's pretty good (doesn't do the same file selecting as Azureus but works very well)
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

FuguTabetai wrote:

fugu
Sweet!

Thanks, now I can flip through my Volume 11 book and see what is going on.

Thanks Fugu
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

Is it just me or is Oh! Great's art accualy getting better?...The Maya color insert was amazing. That was a fun battle (even though it's not fully over o_O ). Things are getting so insane! >_< Nagi is definitly moving up my strongest char list after a while.
Grr, now the week or so wait for the next chapter (then the waiting for months for a new vol). At least we now have the anime to try and help get our minds off that.
Once agin, great job Fugu and Ki Shodar. Can't wait till the next chapter.
As for it not being in a zip file, I think thats great. It saves me about 5 clicks. When it comes to addictions, the faster the better! ^_^
I realy need to try one of the other BT clients. The standard one is kind of anoying sometims.
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Kagutsuchi wrote:That was a year ago. I moved out to an apartment, cleaned off all the university software I had to install at the dorm, etc. Still crashes my computer. My roommate last year had the exact same problem. He told me he tried to format his harddrive and even that DID NOT fix it.
Your computer may not exactly clean as you think it to be. As a last minute resort, try debugging the hard drive, then reformat. You have to be careful though, because one slip up can be irreversible.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Chello wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:

fugu
Sweet!

Thanks, now I can flip through my Volume 11 book and see what is going on.

Thanks Fugu
Hey I got a question for anyone who has flip thru the tranlations Fugu did, @ one point the translation says that Kurei names comes out sounding like Grey, I was wondering if it really wasn't his name. Grey and Green are colors associated with Aliens and it sounds like another way of OH! great spoofing the fact that he looks like an alien
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Actually, no.

I don't know why Oh!great has put "Gurei" now, but before he has clearly spelled his name as "Kurei".

Here, take a look - http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/images ... 09_143.jpg

He says his name in the middle portion. If you can read kana, you can see he says "Kurei Shinichirou".
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

Sacrin wrote:Is it just me or is Oh! Great's art accualy getting better?...The Maya color insert was amazing.
yep..I also see improvement. Heck..he`s getting better and better with every volumne, the last few were insane. plus I love how he puts all those cool details that normaly mangakas don`t botter to draw. And..is it just me...or does Tsumuji`s face often look like taken straight from McFarlane`s works, especialy in http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/images ... ge193.html page :)