*SPOILER* The loyal right hand man has been disarmed!

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

*SPOILER* The loyal right hand man has been disarmed!

Post by jacko »

Ishiyumi lost his water powers! how did nagi do that? And it seems, that Tsujumi might lose his powers as well! Provide, that he doesn't lose more. :twisted:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

We don't know yet.

We've only seen Ishiyumi unable to generate his bullets at the same time when Nagi used them. So it is possible that Nagi just borrows the ability for some time.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Re: *SPOILER* The loyal right hand man has been disarmed!

Post by burrowowl »

jacko wrote:Ishiyumi lost his water powers! how did nagi do that? And it seems, that Tsujumi might lose his powers as well! Provide, that he doesn't lose more. :twisted:
He comes from a long line of exorcists, after all.
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

And another thing, what is so unique about a demon exorcist?

It would suck for him to lose the power, though.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

jacko wrote:And another thing, what is so unique about a demon exorcist?
I don't know, can you exorcise demons?

:)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

FuguTabetai wrote:

well... now that you mention it........ :wink:
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

FuguTabetai wrote:

No, but I can jazzercize them. It can't be that much more difficult.
nerozan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by nerozan »

Don
The Only Things That I Can�t Beat In This World Are Shitake Mushrooms, A Crying Kid And Your Boobs.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

[quote="nerozan"]Don
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

dang it seems nagi's gotten hecka strong now...his black dragon ate the water dragon..?? wtF!?
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

kujoe wrote:We're not sure yet. Besides, Nagi didn't exactly defeat Ishiyumi. Looking at it from another perspective, it seems Nagi's power is definitely more effective when he's fighting against another red feather.
Judging from his recent experience with Tsumuji (F)'s adult thugs, Nagi's power is only effective which fighting against another red feather. Every other fight that he has "won" was more a matter of him refusing to stay down and his one good technique (the forged needle).
Desperto
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Desperto »

burrowowl wrote:
kujoe wrote:We're not sure yet. Besides, Nagi didn't exactly defeat Ishiyumi. Looking at it from another perspective, it seems Nagi's power is definitely more effective when he's fighting against another red feather.
Judging from his recent experience with Tsumuji (F)'s adult thugs, Nagi's power is only effective which fighting against another red feather. Every other fight that he has "won" was more a matter of him refusing to stay down and his one good technique (the forged needle).
Or he was just luring him to a trap
Nagi seens pretty confident in himself on page 145
Aya was taking lots of thugs, and she is unsure if she can stop the battle even with her dragon's eye
So, imo, that was just a trick Nagi pulled to lure him into a false sense of security, making him go alone into the woods to fight him and leaving his "weak spot" open to a attack
One step ahead, and you aren't in the same place
Chico Science
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

burrowowl wrote:Judging from his recent experience with Tsumuji (F)'s adult thugs, Nagi's power is only effective which fighting against another red feather. Every other fight that he has "won" was more a matter of him refusing to stay down and his one good technique (the forged needle).
Only? Probably, but I'm sure the increase in his performance can help him overall--not that much of a big difference though. For example, the first few punches he traded with Mitsuomi in the bowling alley. It's just that Nagi's power is specially suited for fighting against another red feather.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Are the Takyanagi clan red feathers as well?

It seems like they have 6 red feathers and 6 white feather families beneath them, but which category would they fall under?

Could they possibly be unseated by another family? It seems like that is how things might turn out, seeing as Nagi is getting stronger.

We know Nagi's mom is a red feather, but his dad is fucking strong. I am not sure if he is white or red, but I guess we will find out soon.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Takayanagi are the head of the Phoenix, so I guess they are neigher. Although Mitsuomi seems to be gravitating toward the Whites a bit, using his spirit technique for fighting, more than for magic.

But I guess this varies with the person (Nagi's a Red, while Souichiro fights, and the same can be said for Natsume's)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

burrowowl wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:

No, but I can jazzercize them. It can't be that much more difficult.
I do want to point out that I spell exorcise correctly:
Main Entry: ex
Kagutsuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Kagutsuchi »

Chapter 64 was definitely great. I would go so far as to say the new discovery about Nagi's powers gives his character a whole new dimension... well, at the very least it makes him more interesting to me personally.

Unlike many other fighting anime/manga series, I really like how Tenjo stresses the price the user pays for such powers. Nagi may look overpowered compared to Bob and Aya (damn, maybe even Masataka and Mitsuomi ?!) for now, but he looks pretty damn insane in some of those pictures also. So in the end there might be a sort of power balance. If Oh! Great plays the cards right, I could see the story getting really awesome.

Also, doesn't it remind anyone else of Akuma on Street Fighter? I'm a huge fighting game fanatic.. and for those of you who didn't keep up with the story of the SF: Alpha series: Akuma was called a genius fighter and was the brother to Ryu and Ken's master. He wants to be the strongest and goes so far as to steal a secret scroll and learns the forbidden "Shun Goku Satsu".. his signature super attack on the game.

Ok that story is too long. Basically he kills his master and his brother, getting addicted to the power. The way the Shun Goku Satsu works is that the stronger/more evil the person is that he kills with it, the more strength he gains. In effect, he takes in their evil powers. (Yes that sounds cheesy). So on the good side, he's killing the bad guys (and getting stronger). On the bad side is the "Raging Demon" consumes him more and more as he keeps using it and becomes less human.

Anyone that's played Capcom vs. SNK 2... that's a good example. In the secret boss fight, Akuma kills Rugal then becomes "Shin Akuma." The much stronger/faster/cheaper version of him. With a Shun Goku Satsu that does 32 hits instead of 15. :shock:
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

FuguTabetai wrote:
burrowowl wrote: No, but I can jazzercize them. It can't be that much more difficult.
I do want to point out that I spell exorcise correctly:
I wouldn't dare impugn your ability to spell. I still think the jazzercise quip was pretty good.

BTW: I don't envy you having to translate the first couple pages of fight 65. Natsume Maya is talking about some pretty deep stuff there. It reminded me a bit of the Hagakure: "With martial valor, if one becomes like a revengeful ghost and shows great determination, though his head is cut off, he should not die."
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

burrowowl wrote: I wouldn't dare impugn your ability to spell. I still think the jazzercise quip was pretty good.

I thought it was really funny too - but did want to point out that my spelling was correct on that one too. :)
burrowowl wrote: BTW: I don't envy you having to translate the first couple pages of fight 65. Natsume Maya is talking about some pretty deep stuff there. It reminded me a bit of the Hagakure: "With martial valor, if one becomes like a revengeful ghost and shows great determination, though his head is cut off, he should not die."
yeah, that was pretty tough. I did a decent job on it though. I'll have to go back and make sure later that it still makes sense to me though.
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

The way I understand it (as it says in the manga) Ishiyumi's dragon (that alowed him to use the water bullets) was eaten by Nagi's dragon. So this meens that Ishiyumi might never be able to use that agin. Also, if Nagi continues to consume dragons he will be able to open almost (if not all) of the gates. Besides makeing him very fucking strong, he would likely be overcome by the "evil" (or what ever you want to call it) that posessed Aya before. Not to mention being consumed by the dragon it self (like it was trying to do before, and with his mom's eye). He already going crazy now, but I'm sure if someone opened all of the gates and let out all of the dragons, bad shit would happen... >_>
It's definitly getting very interesting. ^_^

One thing I don't fully get (and might not till the next chap), is the attack that Tsumuji Mataza used aginst Nagi. I think I get what basicly happend. That he "hit" Nagi in the heart with the "intent for murder" (basicly made him go insane and want to kill everying). Should be interesting to see what happens...

(How are they going to fit all this in the anime... ~_~ )
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

So do you think Nagi could get the Dragon's Eye if he wanted to? True he would have to eat Aya's dragon, but thats not saying he couldn't, just probably won't since she is his friend I guess.

I remember a drawing of Shin's Bone Dragon, I wonder if that has any connection to the Dragons Eye, or if it was just Oh Great! giving us a kick ass splash page.
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

Since you used quotations, I guess you mean he didn't hit literally. But it seems, that he did attack, although going against nagi's punch, it pretty much meant nothing.
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

So it seems that Nagi`s dragon can eat other dragons. I wonder if it`s simply it`s ability..or was there only one dragon long time ago that was robbed of gates or maybe split on his own will and now Nagi will have to make the Dragon complete again.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Sacrin wrote:One thing I don't fully get (and might not till the next chap), is the attack that Tsumuji Mataza used aginst Nagi. I think I get what basicly happend. That he "hit" Nagi in the heart with the "intent for murder" (basicly made him go insane and want to kill everying). Should be interesting to see what happens...
Err... The way that I interpreted it is that Tsumuji himself had the resolve to fight with the intent to kill. He wasn't pulling his punches. The attack he made against Nagi had intent for murder. Nagi had already lost himself (been consumed by) his Black Dragon - that was what made him nuts, not anything Tsumuji did.

We get a bit more information about Nagi's Black Dragon later on.
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

Well, the main part that gave me that idea was when he said "I win. My Spear of resentment has been taken from it's sheath. For the first time, with my death, I've finally grabbed ahold of your heart and will strike through it". He may not have "made" Nagi go insane, but if anything I guess the fact he was fighting with the "intent for murder" it might have pushed Nagi further over the edge...
Or I'm thinking into it too much. ^_^;;
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

My take on that is that Tsumuji was just happy because he knew that he would drive Nagi to use his powers too much, causing him to go crazy, and die. So even though Tsumuji might die, he knew Nagi would as well.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Dumb Question from me: Does everyone has Dragons, do only the families have dragons? Whose got Dragons? Does Bob have a Dragon (other than the one he uses to slay the Demoness Chiaki :twisted: ).
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

pv82 wrote:Dumb Question from me: Does everyone has Dragons, do only the families have dragons? Whose got Dragons? Does Bob have a Dragon (other than the one he uses to slay the Demoness Chiaki :twisted: ).
I've got a dragon for ya, buddy. But this is a family website, so I'll just keep it to myself. :)

The "dragons" and "gates" are explained somewhat shortly before F is introduced as a big problem.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

[/quote]I've got a dragon for ya, buddy. But this is a family website, so I'll just keep it to myself. [quote]

LOL :lol: . Ouch, I guess I got burnt. Sorry burrowowl I'll keep it to miminum. I am just confused. Dragons? Ki? Elemental userer? Demon exorisist? Sorcreress?. Like David Cross said "Lets keep rolling the dye and give them more powers. I mean where are the unicorns? "
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Well to start things off everyone can use some form of Ki. However, this use of Ki is broken down into two types of people, Red Feathers (Magic) and White Feathers (Fighting).

You don't have to be a Red Feather or White Feather to be able to use ki however, ie Tawara, Bob, etc... The Feathers just protect the Takyanagi family and some serve them.

Certain Feathers, and clans/families related to them have different jobs - sorcerors, excorcists, necromancers, etc..

It does get confusing, but its all about the fun.