Souhaku *SPOILERS*

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Souhaku *SPOILERS*

Post by Chello »

Alright, does anyone know this guys deal?

I read the chapter where he makes his first appearance and apparently in the past he tried to rid the world of the Demon Exorcists, but somehow I guess he sired one and out popped Nagi.

He seems to be a pretty strong guy, maybe close to the level of the Takyanagi's and Tawara. He sure left that hospital a mess without breaking a sweat.

It seems that this Kabuto (F) is one of his subordinates, but I am not sure about his relationship with the other Flying Phoenix families, or even what his surname is.

Is he taking Nagi away to train him for the upcoming Tournament? The timing is obviously right, but it would be a neat twist if Oh Great! decided not to include the main character in the big event.

Well at least we know that Nagi might not be a shrimp forever, his dad seems a little bit tall, so maybe he will get up there as well.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Souhaku is actually Kago Souhaku from the Kago clan, one of the heads of the Red Feather families. It is not absolutely certain, what his power is, but he can do necromancy. His weapon is a HUGE machete, although I am not sure if he uses it all the time, or if he is a fistfigher like the Takayanagi brothers.

The latest speculations on his part are that he was the one who has sent the F to Mitsuomi, perhaps as an offer of help, although some of the F are not as eager to follow him all the way, no questions asked (namely Ishiyumi and Madoka). His real agenda is so far unknown, although his intentions regarding Mitsuomi are suspicious.

There's a lot more about him in the upcoming chapters (both volume 11 and beyond).
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Chello wrote:Is he taking Nagi away to train him for the upcoming Tournament? The timing is obviously right, but it would be a neat twist if Oh Great! decided not to include the main character in the big event.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Nagi goes to his side and is made to fight against the Jyuukenbu in the tournament.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

wow, never thought of that...

Mitsuonmi, Tawara, Nagi, Kabuto, and the african american girl against the Jyuken would indeed be a good match.

I think that if that happened Tawara might jump ship to the Jyukenbu team though, since he is technically a founder of the club.

This series is anything but predictable, unlike what most people say about it.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I somehow doubt that Mitsuomi will fight for Kago. First of all, Mitsuomi fights for himself and his presidency. He needs fighters since the Enforcers are for the most part beaten. And here comes Kago with the F. Hmm, isn't that convenient.

Somehow I have feeling that we'll see a Kago vs. Mitsuomi. In fact, I have a feeling that Nagi was kidnapped with a purpose of fighting Mitsuomi, since Nagi is a son of two Red sorcerers.

As for Tawara.. well, read on, read on... 8)
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Tawara is still my favorite, I hope nothing bad happens to this guy. He seems to be kicking the shit out of this Chinese guy with no hands pretty easily though. Besides Mitsuonmi and possibly Souhaku, who else is on this guys level? Masataka, Aya, and Nagi seem to be the next generation of power houses, but only time will tell.

Volume 11 got me majorly interested in this manga again.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:In fact, I have a feeling that Nagi was kidnapped with a purpose of fighting Mitsuomi, since Nagi is a son of two Red sorcerers.
I finally realized the implications behind Souichirou's "superior blood." I used to think that the manga was just referring to the Nagi line, but it seems his Kago heritage is very much involved with that too.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Do you guys think that it is his combined powers both Necromancing and Excorcising that is allowing him to "steal" his opponents abilities?

It seems like his mother couldn't do it, but maybe since he has his fathers powers as well he can.

Just throwing it out there.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Actually, Makiko can do it just fine. In one of the following chapters Yorihira comments on how "eating" other dragons is a property of the Dragon Fist. Since the latter is a gate of the Nagi family, it would be logical that Makiko has at least a potential to open the Dragon's Gate and using this power.

However, that being said, Dragon Punch is a fighter's ability, and Makiko is not a fighter, but a sorceress (exorcist). So it could be either.
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

One question: Why didn't Kago fall like the rest of the clans?

And another thing, are you sure she's not a fighter? I mean, she was holding a guy that was beaten pretty badly...
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

jacko wrote:One question: Why didn't Kago fall like the rest of the clans?
Well, it's been only two years since Mitsuomi has overthrown Dougen and the clans are numerous (not to mention individual families, like the Enmi).

Another possibility was that Kago swore fealty to Matsuomi (even though he seems to be secretly scheming against him).
And another thing, are you sure she's not a fighter? I mean, she was holding a guy that was beaten pretty badly...
OK, what I meant was, she is not a fighter in terms of martial arts or weapons. However, she can fight by other means, and has been in many fights.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Maybe Souhaku is so tough, Mitsuounmi couldn't beat him in the alloted 3-5 minutes that he is allowed to fight in.

Souhaku whooped up on Mataza and Aya without breaking a sweat, I am sure he is on the same level as Mitsuonmi.

Especially if this Necromancer thing turns out to be true, I can easily see this guy hanging with just about anyone in the manga, Tawara included.

I just wish we could see some of his powers in action, that would be icing on the cake.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Chello wrote:wow, never thought of that...

Mitsuonmi, Tawara, Nagi, Kabuto, and the african american girl against the Jyuken would indeed be a good match.

I think that if that happened Tawara might jump ship to the Jyukenbu team though, since he is technically a founder of the club.

This series is anything but predictable, unlike what most people say about it.
african american girl? Are you talking about Kagurazaka, I thought that was a guy, plus what about Izuzu? Unless she can't fight anymore?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, both Isuzu and Bob are out of the picture for the time being. Maybe they'll be back for the Tournament, but they won't be in a good shape for any of it.

Actually, I am wondering if Oh!great is priming Bob to pull a "Bunshichi" at the Tournament. Remember how Tawara was cut up by Shin and what an asskicking he managed to give his buddy after all. Admitedly, Oh!great is usually better than repeat himself, but who knows...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Chello wrote:It seems that this Kabuto (F) is one of his subordinates, but I am not sure about his relationship with the other Flying Phoenix families, or even what his surname is.
If you check the Character List you will see that there is already a Kabuto - I assume he is Kabuto (F)'s father. I just haven't seen either person's given name, so I do the family name/family name (F) thing. Similary to Tsumuji Mataza (F) and Tsumuji Mataza Yorihira (why does Tsumuji Mataza Yorihira have two names?)
MrProphet wrote:Souhaku is actually Kago Souhaku from the Kago clan, one of the heads of the Red Feather families. It is not absolutely certain, what his power is, but he can do necromancy. His weapon is a HUGE machete, although I am not sure if he uses it all the time, or if he is a fistfigher like the Takayanagi brothers.
Where do they say his family name? I haven't seen it yet? (But would love to change it over since Sou[haku] screws up auto-completion on Sou[nd Effect].) Of course, I've only read up to about page 114 in vol. 11.
youzen
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by youzen »

Where do they say his family name? I haven't seen it yet? (But would love to change it over since Sou[haku] screws up auto-completion on Sou[nd Effect].) Of course, I've only read up to about page 114 in vol. 11.
vol 10, page. 115. It's when Tsumuji talks about Nagi.

- youzen
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

youzen wrote:
vol 10, page. 115. It's when Tsumuji talks about Nagi.

- youzen
Holy crap, I had forgotten all about that. Thanks. "Kago Souhaku Jyouun" it is then.
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

MrProphet wrote:Well, both Isuzu and Bob are out of the picture for the time being. Maybe they'll be back for the Tournament, but they won't be in a good shape for any of it.

Actually, I am wondering if Oh!great is priming Bob to pull a "Bunshichi" at the Tournament. Remember how Tawara was cut up by Shin and what an asskicking he managed to give his buddy after all. Admitedly, Oh!great is usually better than repeat himself, but who knows...
i put my money on that! its all the past arc rewinded but i think Maya jumps in and sacrifices herself to save the school blablabla.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Oh no, I hope Maya doesn't do that, she is way too hot to die.

I actually keep thinking her and Bob are going to hook up sometime....

Just the way she is is like personally training him and stuff.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Chello wrote:Oh no, I hope Maya doesn't do that, she is way too hot to die.

I actually keep thinking her and Bob are going to hook up sometime....

Just the way she is is like personally training him and stuff.
She also boast that he is the strongest of them all (raw power in the juk i think).It's a nice match up, but I'm not sure there bond is strong enough to break the bond between both her and Mitsumi. As much as I dislike it, she still loves him and may even feel indepted to him (after Shin did to him).I kinda was hoping her and Masataka would work something out in the end. Plus, bob has chiaki, she seems to be one of the main reason why he wants to become a better fighter and oppose the enforcement group.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

Yeah I forgot about Chiaki...they showed her in Volume 11 once, and it was just her face. That kind of bit the big one.

Mitsuounmi and Maya were a good pair 2 years ago, and it seems like they still have it in for each other. I think Mitsuonmi could have Maya at his becking call still if he wanted to and if he wasn't such a jerk lately.

Masataka might forever be forced to getting let down by Aya, which sucks cause I would rather see him with Aya than Nagi.

Nagi has made it clear that he wants nothing to do with her though, so maybe she will take he hint.
CHANGE
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by CHANGE »

hey, have you guys read into vol 1, or past 72. If so could you please provide a link or a channel where I could get the scans. I dont mind if they're raws.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

zip wrote:
MrProphet wrote:Well, both Isuzu and Bob are out of the picture for the time being. Maybe they'll be back for the Tournament, but they won't be in a good shape for any of it.

i put my money on that! its all the past arc rewinded but i think Maya jumps in and sacrifices herself to save the school blablabla.
That might happen, Doesn't it seem like Nagi is right now almost Parralleling Shin. Who knows, Aya may end up Like Mana, minus the fact that she didn't sleep with Bob.

Oh hey Dave provided a link, wait holy carp they have figth 73
Dave wrote:I checked around a bit and for those curious what happens after vol. 11 it seems like http://www.jojohot.com hosts the last few chapters of TT.

The chapters are currently available at this page: http://cncard.wfinfo.net.cn/lastone/joj ... jotstx.htm but they continuously change the location.
CHANGE
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by CHANGE »

uh whoops...

I meant vol 12 not vol 1.. uh duh!

Thanx for the link, I got 73, now just hoping someone decides to scan 74...
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

To get back on track, I think Souhaku is easily one of the strongest people in the series.

1) As has been said before, he creamed the hospital right and good. Granted, Yorihira, Aya and Souichirou weren't probably in the best of conditions and their guard was down, but the man still got away without a single blemish on his suit from that chaos.

2) He chops Nagi Makikos left arm off. Maybe Makiko wasn't exactly expecting the father of their son to cut off her arm but I doubt she was careless either, since Souhaku isn't one to pull off a sneak attack. Additionally, I'm pretty sure Makiko isn't at all weak (she absorbed Souichiriou's Dragon Spirit, even if her arm got blown to smithereens...), and was probably better when she was still ambidextrous.

3) Kabuto (F) is serving under him, and what I've gathered from his attitude he is pretty strong, stronger than Ishiyumi and Mataza at least, and he's scared shitless of him (or of what he said in chapter 71, I can't read Japanese).
One question: Why didn't Kago fall like the rest of the clans?
All of the other houses' heads were dethroned by their son/daughters I presume, and I don't think Souhaku has any other son than Souichirou. Also, he's just too much of a badass to let that happen.
Another possibility was that Kago swore fealty to Matsuomi (even though he seems to be secretly scheming against him).
The man doesn't exactly seem like he'd be a (even if a scheming) bootlicker to a young punkass like Mitsuomi.

Why he switched from streetpunk style to a suit and slick hair is beyond me though. A loss of intellectual credibility maybe.

Anyways, I'd guess Souhaku is going to beat some filial devotion to Souichirou, and might be using him for some grand scheme of exterminating the other families or some such (kill them and devour their abilities). I wouldn't be too surprised if Souichirou switched to his Pa's side. Souhaku definitely isn't on Mitsuomi's side, who has much smaller ambitions than "Why do you hate this world so much?" Souhaku. But then again, I'm sure Maya (who would be the only who could this) would turn Souichirou back to the good guys since she's already captured him with her wily charms...

Come on Souichirou, screw your mother's advice and walk "that person's" path!

Two questions though, where does it say / has been show that he is a necromancer? Chapter 71 perhaps? And that bring me to the other question, is there a textbased translation of said chapter anywhere?
jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jas7 »

Okay here's my theory...

I believe Souhaku will have Nagi switch to Mitsuomi's side and during the election battle Mitsuomi will have Nagi on his team. They will win the election battle, this will pit Mitsumi and any members of Mitsuomi's team to become president. During that fight Nagi will probably kick Mitsuomi's ass but Maya will attempt to stop him, simliar to what happened to the past arc with Shin. Maybe saves Mitsuomi, Maya and Mitsuomi become lovely dovey, details on what the fortune ball? Maybe helps Maya topple Souhaku later on... if my theory is something along that line.

To me, mitsuomi in a way is walking the same path as Shin, instead of destroying friends and opponents he is simply taking control of them through promises of idealisms of strength. Maybe something is left of Shin within Mitsuomi when Shin attacked him while attempting to save Maya. I don't know. Mitsuomi only has alittle time to live, since it's been almost 2-3 years since he said his heart will only last that much longer.

The reason for this is, if Souhaku is indeed scheming something and if Nagi does win presidency battle (if predicted), this puts Souhaku in a much better position, not only will he be able to take command of the higher position within the clans, toppling Takayagumi clan once Mistumi's defeated but will also put his son, Nagi as president of the school... Which he will probably be able to manipulate.

So, Souhaku is probably only helping Mitsuomi's agenda (controlling people with power) while attempting to fulfill his own (agenda: ???). And once his plan is executed, then it will become easy for him to topple and take over whatever or possibly destroy whoever/whatever.

From what I gather this is starting to sound more like a old cliche chinese/japanese drama movie i've seen a long time ago - but it's great! So I thought i'd share this theory... it's only a rough theory though and Oh! Great does pull surprises left and right so who knows. I might be TOTALLY off and wrong. :)

just my 2 cents. ^_^;;
jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

Ah! forgot one more thing!

Post by jas7 »

Ah, forgot one more thing to add to my theory...

Nagi will probably replace Mataza as the new member of "F" since Mataza said Ishiyumi wanted Nagi to become the new member of "F"... Some how, Nagi either is manipulated somehow to be able to join "F"... Now that Souhaku has him, it might be possible. This will enable Nagi to join Matsuomi's election battle team...

The more I think about this theory the more it becomes more far fetched for me... lol.

So don't mind me... ^_^;;
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I think Souhaku's plans--whatever they may be--go beyond the school or toppling the current head family. Plus, he's clearly different from Mitsuomi. I doubt that the two will join forces, unless something really crucial happens. And so far, we have 3 main groups: Mitsuomi's enforcement group, Maya's Jyuukenbu and Souhaku's "F".

What we have now, are three groups whose (more or less) oppossing interests are on the line. I wonder what kind of alliances will be drawn in this scenario... Things are definitely looking interesting now.

As for Shin, he may have been a manipulative guy, but in the end, it was he who turned out to be the manipulated one. Whether Mitsuomi has learned from his friend's tragedy or not, the future can only tell.
Last edited by kujoe on Fri May 21, 2004 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

I think Souhaku's plans--whatever they maybe--go beyond the school or toppling the current head family.
I agree. The school struggle is just pathetically small in a larger view, only the students care about it. The family thing, well I think it's part of his plans but not all of it.

Wasn't it Makiko who thought of Souhaku "Why do you hate this world so much?", that implies there's a lot more to his plans, but maybe the red feather powers are a crucial part of it's execution.
Devilguy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Devilguy »

I definitely think that the Jyuken will be composed of Maya, Aya, Masataka, Kurei and Asshat. Bob will either not participate or join the enforcement group. There have been hints of that as Mitsuomi proposed him to and recognizes his value.
As Isuzu, Ryuzaki and Saga were badly injured, some of them might not come back (I hope Isuzu will) and so there will be room for Bob... and Tawara?

I agree with kujoe that there may be 3 groups.
Perhaps there will be a F group participating the election tournament, although there are limits : Souhaku is too old, Madoka is too young and would perhaps not agree :) , Mataza is in a hospital bed and Ishiyumi can not use his dragon gate any more, can he?
I just cannot imagine Souichiro teaming up with Mitsuomi...
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I feel sorry for Makiko losing yet another arm :cry:
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

lol ok im lost here i jus started reading da manga who are the following pplz

Mataza
ishyumi

and i know wat happened to ryuzaki but wat happened to isuzu and saga??

wat chapter was dat they got dere ass kicked??

im lost im currently at volume 11 chapter 67
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

TW_J, so you just started reading the manga, you are the end of the translated chapters, and you're lost about those things.

Maybe you should re-read.
prometheus
Yuurei
Yuurei

foretold?

Post by prometheus »

I was just wondering about one of the earlier chapters (before the past arc begins)

There's a scene where Mitsuomi is facing Nagi and Nagi is
sillouetted in a flaming back ground and
something was said about the "new king" or something
( :? sorry it's been a while since i've read it- if someone could correct me please)

Wouldn't this suggest that Nagi is destined to replace Mitsuomi?
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

TW_J wrote:lol ok im lost here i jus started reading da manga who are the following pplz

Mataza
ishyumi
Dig upon the glorious characters listing that Fugu has thoughtfully provided us with. They're both in there, complete with page references for anywhere that they spoke in the series and a little picture to help jar your memory.
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Re: foretold?

Post by Tachibana »

prometheus wrote:I was just wondering about one of the earlier chapters (before the past arc begins)

There's a scene where Mitsuomi is facing Nagi and Nagi is
sillouetted in a flaming back ground and
something was said about the "new king" or something
( :? sorry it's been a while since i've read it- if someone could correct me please)

Wouldn't this suggest that Nagi is destined to replace Mitsuomi?
pretty much, same thing how mits took it from shin, nagi will take it from mits.
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

lol nvm i remember who they were didnt chapter 67 end at dat lil girl wit u gigantic knives was rite behind bob?? hmm wonder wat happens dere
Personbot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Personbot »

Since Souhaku is a necromancer is it just me or does anybody else think that there is a chance he has some (but not total) control over Mitsuomi. Since the start of the series they've been saying that he is already dead. It would help to explain some of Mitsuomi's actions in the past.

Also we've already seen Fu come back from the dead, does anybody else see Shin being brought back to join in on the fun.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Personbot wrote:Since Souhaku is a necromancer is it just me or does anybody else think that there is a chance he has some (but not total) control over Mitsuomi. Since the start of the series they've been saying that he is already dead. It would help to explain some of Mitsuomi's actions in the past.
I think to say that Mitsuomi is "already dead" is a more poetic or figurative way of describing his present condition. It's not like Fu who's already, well, really dead. For someone who can only fight for 3 minutes, being "already dead" is arguably the truth once those 3 minutes are over. Another interpretation is that Mitsuomi should've died in the past, and he's just waiting for the chance to finally die and join Shin.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

OOhhh, What if Oh great Wants to F with the Story (and our heads) and has someone Bring SHIN BACK FROM THE DEAD :evil: :twisted: . I know it sounds sick but I can't help it :oops: .
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

lol question wats a necro mancer??? lol im lost again
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

pv82
Sensei
Sensei