The art looks different?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

The art looks different?

Post by jacko »

Is it just me, or does the art look different sometimes? I mean, they look similar, but there's these subtleties, that are much more noticeable if you take a look at the eyes...
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

When I read Volume 11 back at the hotel after picking it up, I noticed the differences in the way he draws Mitsuonmi and Tawara. Not there character designs, but a different style.

I am wondering if he has Ghost Artists doing some of these pages...
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I thought about that too. I think his assistants have something to do with it. Moreover the slight, different nuances in style are also carried over to Air Gear.

Maybe his style evolved over the years? That's quite normal for anyone who likes to draw. Even as one grows older, the style undergoes some change.
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Nar, it's evolution is his art style.

You can see it in later TJTG/when he starts Air Gear (compare to his earlier TJTG or Majin Devil or Himiko Den, or his H-stuff O_o), hmmm... you will notice that he uses less thick blacklining and general characters look a lot "softer" especially the face (note eyes like you said). Oh yea, some breast reduction makes the characters look a little more balanced. But I like where it's going :) He has lost none of his Oh!Greatness :D
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

I think it's his "ghost" assistances now. Well, while not VERY noticeable, there are some SLIGHT inconsistencies, not enough to be bad, but enough to know that it's not according to the style of the first manga.
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

the mangaka usally does the pencils while the assistans does the inks and screenstones. and assistanst arent perfect so sometimes its proberly hard to do exactly liek the pencils and then.. it looks dirrent :P. but his style has changed, compare volume 1 and volume 10. diffrent alright.
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

you cant which panels Oh Great does and which ones he doesnt.
you cant tell from the nose, eyes, and face construction. his assistants are probably great artists, but they cant be copies of Oh Great. i dont mind the differences actually, the manga flows together and is getting really good lately