tenjou tenge 05?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Shin Natsume
Tamashii
Tamashii

tenjou tenge 05?

Post by Shin Natsume »

where is it? tenjo 1-4 was very fast translated by some guys, but episode 5 isnt out till today..
whats wrong there?

btw episode 4 was bad.. very bad...
Till tomorow is a better day to be,
you
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

quality.. not quanitity man. Just be happy it's translated at all.
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Actually it depends on your group.

TJTG was being translated very fast by ^_^ group before (speedsubbers, not surprising that their translations were a tad off, I don't mind but some people really do). If you're getting A-S translations they usually are a few days after everyone else.

Well it's not like they are forced to, it's just like with Fugu, or any other subbing group, they do it because they can/they feel like it. We should be grateful no matter what time they come out with it :)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ w0rd.

nice seeing tenten 5 subbed. damn it.... gotta d/l the raw of tenten 6 when it comes out!
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

I'm not getting the fan-subbed versions since getting the raws is good enough - not much different to the original manga and we have Fugu's translations.

I liked ep 5 quite a bit. Things are certainly heating up eh! Aya's voice sounded a bit better this week too (cut back on the helium...)

Ep 6 and 7 should be fun too. Lots of nice action.

This is just my opinion, but I generally feel that the anime version of a manga series is often worse. Very few feel about as good or (shock!) even better than the original. I thought ep 5 was about as good as the manga equivalent (though they missed some bits), and the other eps were slightly below the manga. That's better on average if you ask me... so overall I'm quite enjoying the anime. For a number of series based on manga, I stop watching the anime because it feels so bad compared to the original...
vesper
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by vesper »

omg the last song for episode five when souichirou is running to aya and it is showing everyone's duels, such a damn nice song, i thought it was awsome. I want to download it T_T. does anyone know where i can get it?
Reikoku
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Reikoku »

vesper wrote:omg the last song for episode five when souichirou is running to aya and it is showing everyone's duels, such a damn nice song, i thought it was awsome. I want to download it T_T. does anyone know where i can get it?
Oddly enough I was thinking the same thing... I wonder how long it'll be before the OST somes out :?
batou
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by batou »

Episode 5 was the first episode where only Japanese worked on the production. I didn't see a single Korean name in the credits.
limubear
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by limubear »

personally i dont like the way anime version was drawn... so i quit watching tjtg after 2 episodes.

dunno why but i feel so disappointed with the production... so im just waiting for fugu and co for the scanlations!!! :D

come into the channel on irchighway and chat with everyone!!!
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

vesper wrote:omg the last song for episode five when souichirou is running to aya and it is showing everyone's duels, such a damn nice song, i thought it was awsome. I want to download it T_T. does anyone know where i can get it?
I'm also liking the OST a lot. I still have mixed feelings about the OP and ED, but the background music really provides the proper mood on certain areas. That kind of mood really sets up this episode for episode 6.
Shihbang
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shihbang »

I just watched episode 6...the content is pretty good, but the delivery stinks to high heaven. I guess some of you don't mind, but when I expect a good fight and all I get are freeze-frames and voice-overs...I get pretty disappointed.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I just watched it, and I know what you mean. But this is quite a common convention within the industry, as it helps display the illusion of slow motion while keeping a consistent level of detail on the screen as long as possible. Not to mention it helps in managing the budget. Nevertheless, I'm still fine with it--as long as it's only for a few episodes, that is.
kagezuchi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by kagezuchi »

the fight between emi and maya was very nice, i thought. the others were blah, though.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

What a pity I don't speak Spanish, but there's no other fansub of episode 6 out yet... this whole waiting is making me crazy. :?
Bomb me, please.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

LOL
I just noticed that I have the Spanish version of ep. 6.
I thought that since sth like 5000 people have downloaded it so it must be English. Heh...foolish me :D
But there isn't much talking in this episode anyway.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

hm, I watched the first two eps, enjoyed them, then my laptop hard drive died and I haven't bothered to check out any other eps. I guess I should - I just haven't had time...

Especially since I decided that I should install linux on the new hard drive (to replace the one that died a horrible death) and it is taking untold hours to get everything working right. I did finally get my pcmcia wireless card working though. Now, to figure out why Japanese input isn't working (except when the entire system is set to Japanese...)
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

FuguTabetai wrote:hm, I watched the first two eps, enjoyed them, then my laptop hard drive died and I haven't bothered to check out any other eps. I guess I should - I just haven't had time...
Sorry, Fugu, but you aren't allowed to watch any anime until you're done releasing Volume 11 of Tenjo Tenge. :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

burrowowl wrote:Sorry, Fugu, but you aren't allowed to watch any anime until you're done releasing Volume 11 of Tenjo Tenge. :)
Well, I did finish translating it, now I'm just waiting on my pal Ki Shodar to finish up the edits for chapter 66... I could put out the completely done by GMAO version now, but I think it is better to take some time and put out something that looks really nice, since it will be around for a while. (At least, the other volumes I've put out have lasted for a while, so...)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Talking about ep 05, I can't seem to download it !!!

I wanted to download it two weekas ago, when it just got fansubbed, but my connection had beenshut down because I went over my upload limit ( thanks to bittorrent I guess ). It takes forever until it connects to peers and now I never get over 3kb/s download and it always goes back to 0 after a minute ... So I just CAN'T download it ... I'm trying the [a-saoi]

I also tried the Sharingam translation, but I don't know what language those subs are ... And I just don't feel like downloading the frensh subbed version, it's bad enough as it is that I have to read the manga in French ( thx to Fugu for the clear English translations ;) )

So... any info that could do me good, prolly would, so please give it ^^
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Banorac wrote:So... any info that could do me good, prolly would, so please give it ^^
Talking to the folks that are distributing it would probably yield more meaningful info.

If your BT client is working (confirm this by getting a smaller file), and there is a seed out there, you should be able to get the file eventually.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

So I basicly need to sit through the 272 hours and 56 minutes waiting 'till I hit a seed ...
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

Do you use a BT client that lets you see leechers and seeds? Cuz the a-s&aoi ep 5 has like 45 seeds right now. Or if you're getting crap speeds, you could be firewalled. If that's the case, you'd need to open your BT ports on the firewall.
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

A-S/Aoi just put out ep 6 right now

Banorac, this may be a stupid question but does your ISP have anything to do with it ? (like capping your speed after you go over a certain ul/dl) If not and the connection is ok, you might want to try a BT client that allows you to manually add peers (like Azureus client, which is fairly popular) Did BT work properly before your connection got shutdown ?
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nicholas D. Wolfwood »

OR you could log onto IRC. Go to #anime-station on rizon.net. Type !exploding cows! and copy and past the command line to tell a bot to send you the episode. If you have any other trouble just ask for help nicely in the channel and they should assist you.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Well, thx for the help you guys ;)

But it seems to be running well now, just left it on for a while :)