second season?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Shin Natsume
Tamashii
Tamashii

second season?

Post by Shin Natsume »

hya
i wOnder if anyone knows anythign aout a second season of the anime?
26 episodes has been produces, this means it should end in the middle of volume 9.
or, they left out the past story arc (i
Till tomorow is a better day to be,
you
Personbot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Personbot »

They haven't even finished airing the first season so I think they would want to see how that goes before they consider doing a second series.
9TF
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by 9TF »

i c a possible Past arc ova.....if they did cut it out of the TV....
co0l
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by co0l »

I think they're not gonna have past arc season 1... why? no seiyuus for the past arc characters...

actually they probably didn't want to do past arc cuz of the incest stuff... which really sucks >.< it would have been cool to see shin in his dragon's eye mode animated
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Actually, the "incest stuff" isn't going to stop them from animating it. Just take a look at the other shows and manga that have incestual undertones out there. Most likely, the reasons for not having the past arc will be due to more pragmatic concerns--not enough voice actors and actresses, tight budget, etc. It's also probably more reasonable to just show a few flashbacks or 2 episodes of the past, rather than come up with a full-fledged story arc somewhere in the middle of the series.
Shihbang
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shihbang »

I wonder if I'm missing something, but is it really incest? Shin really depends on her and is extremely protective, but this started before either of them hit puberty, it seems. Maya looked like she was 7 or something, so Shin would be 9, when she let him touch the Reiki and he went crazy. Isn't that when he started to ultra-love Maya?

Kujoe brings up a good point...a few eps about the past arc is all we're probably going to get.
Shin Natsume
Tamashii
Tamashii

well

Post by Shin Natsume »

hopefully not.
incest. hnm did i miss something or what?

i mean, we already saw shin in episode 3, we saw mitsuomi cracking a drinkingglass just because bunshichi menoined shins name.
everyone who hasnt read the manga wants to know aout this now, it would be kinda asshole like if they dont show us...
i think they just made it to vulume 9, because when production started, they were not more chapters done (at least i hope so due the fact that i want to see shin in action).
besides...
the incest thingy...
who said that?
shin never had sex with maya, (or mana, wich is obviously stupid since she is hot) or what do you guys mean? tell me...
we will see, in about 5 weeks we are all smarter (shins first appearance in the middle of volume 4, past story arc begins in the end of volume 4)

all we can do is wait and bleed...
Till tomorow is a better day to be,
you
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

It's not flat out incest if that's what you mean, hence my stating it within quotation marks (""). However, it's never as simple as that really. Add Shin's situation alongside Mitsuomi's feelings for Maya, and the distinction between black and white gets blurred. I don't think you can simply label it as incest, but the bond between Shin and Maya--or perhaps the bond that Shin feels with his sister--is just as dark, problematic and deep.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Since they are going so fast in the anime, is this any indication that the manga will end soon enough. I mean even if they reach Vol. 8 or 9 or whatever. Will they give the manga time to finish or just go through and finish the anime in a second season (This is also assuming that the anime is popular enough to have a second season). I just don't see the anime being put on hault long enough to be forgotten, but then again it has happened before with other anime.
Personbot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Personbot »

From the scans of the chapters that will go into volume 12 I wouldn't be suprised if we are close to the end of the series.

Going by the 2 chapters to an episode way the series is going now it will end around volume 9. Who knows what will happen after that. They might do a second season or an OVA series when the manga is complete. Or they might just leave us wanting more like the ending of Berserk and never get around to finishing the anime off.

As for all that stuff about them not animating the past arc I don't get why people assume they have left it out just because none of the voice actors have been annouced. They wont get into the past arc until around episode 12 or so at least so why annouce at the very start of the series the voice actors for characters who don't show up until half way through the series.