Nagi's Coat - Anyone know if there's something like it?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

EndersChaos
Yuurei
Yuurei

Nagi's Coat - Anyone know if there's something like it?

Post by EndersChaos »

My friend and I have been hoping to find a coat similar to Nagi's coat (the black full-length high-neck).

I've searched on google with no luck, just thought I'd make a post thinking maybe someone here knows more about fashion than me (shouldn't be too hard :P)

Anyway, thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction. ;)
Shin Natsume
Tamashii
Tamashii

Re: Nagi's Coat - Anyone know if there's something like it?

Post by Shin Natsume »

EndersChaos wrote:My friend and I have been hoping to find a coat similar to Nagi's coat (the black full-length high-neck).

I've searched on google with no luck, just thought I'd make a post thinking maybe someone here knows more about fashion than me (shouldn't be too hard :P)

Anyway, thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction. ;)
hnm isnt that a simple leather coat? i dont know i just got one of those...
Till tomorow is a better day to be,
you
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Thats just an exaggerated version of Japanese school male uniforms. No such thing exist in real life :p

maybe you should go ask Japanese biker gangs, they might have a few :D
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

I wanted one too, since it looks like Neo's from the Matrix Reloaded. I wonder what the Wachowski's were trying to achieve when they designed him in the sequel? Hey, what came first, the Matrix sequels or Tenjo Tenge? Maybe the Wachowski's are fans of TT since the two coats look similar except for the inside. Not accusing anyone of copying the other, I was just curious.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I have a very similar couat, though it doesn't have the horizontal collar with bra-closing at the front :D
Shin Natsume
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shin Natsume »

solidis1 wrote:I wanted one too, since it looks like Neo's from the Matrix Reloaded. I wonder what the Wachowski's were trying to achieve when they designed him in the sequel? Hey, what came first, the Matrix sequels or Tenjo Tenge? Maybe the Wachowski's are fans of TT since the two coats look similar except for the inside. Not accusing anyone of copying the other, I was just curious.
tenten is much older than matrix (i hate matrix)

i like my coat. it looks similar to the one of van helsing, one of those old horsemen coats. very stylistic...
very gothic to be true...
Till tomorow is a better day to be,
you
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

I think it's concievable then, that tenten had some influence in neo's coat, unless this is a popular design or someone finds an even older type than that of Nagi's in some other form of media.
hyoga_33
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hyoga_33 »

well in equilibrium they have similar coats , just not as long as the matrix or TT ones , but actually i think they all look cool , id like one , if i could get it .
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

I think I have some answers

Matrix Coat - probably not influenced by TJTG, however it is highly probable that they were influenced from the chinese modern formal wear. The mandarin collars especially. Actually it's not just chinese, the north koreans have it too (look at their president, granted, it's not a neo-coat, however you can see the similarities between the collars and general design). I think they just lengthened it to suit neo (trenchcoat look suits the movie)

Nagi's coat - is a variation of the typical jap male school blazer (lengthened with interior custom (?) motif design) Apparently IRL you can buy normal blazers with "dragon motifs" inside (yakuza wear it), i doubt you'll be seeing a Nagi style trenchcoat though, unless some really good cosplayers try to make one.

Actually I almost forgot, a girl I know, who works in the fashion industry does know how to make various clothes, (hardest part according to her is tailoring them to suit everyone, since most people's body shapes are different, blazers should suit the individual to look best), anyway she reckons it won't be too hard to make a nagi-style coat, as long as she has the right materials (ie the hardest part being the inner lining)

Oh yea http://www.abbyshot.com maybe ask these guys to make one... (it'll be 500-800 lol)