Question on the anime

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

tentenawesome
Yuurei
Yuurei

Question on the anime

Post by tentenawesome »

Yo fellow tenten lovers,

I have a question. Why are the nude scenes blurred out in the anime??

THanks!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Question on the anime

Post by FuguTabetai »

tentenawesome wrote:Yo fellow tenten lovers,

I have a question. Why are the nude scenes blurred out in the anime??

THanks!
To reach a wider audience I imagine.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

So they can Frustrate Horny Teenagers, and convince them to Buy the Unedited DVD :twisted: . J/K, I think because it's air on TV (even though it airs @ a certain hour in Japan I think they have to follow certain standards) and it's not an OVA which goes directly to Tape or DVD. Though i heard if you buy the the diffrent region DVD's (Korean's, Japanese, etc...) They Unblur some scenes like in the Ikkitousen DVD. But the I heard some stuff is never blured out like a certain Toy that fell out of a certain teachers box (Onegai Teacher). Other than that I'm not sure :? .
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Actually, I heard that part in Onegai Teacher was really meant to be blurred. It's supposed to make the viewer decide for himself (or herself) what was really inside the box. That way, Mizuho's character can be seen from different perspectives. (Hey, you thought it was a toy. :wink:)

As for why the nudity is blurred in the anime--it's mostly for reaching a bigger audience really. And just like pv82 said, there are standards that have to be properly followed.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Re: Question on the anime

Post by burrowowl »

tentenawesome wrote:I have a question. Why are the nude scenes blurred out in the anime??
Alternate theory:

Because few people draw naked boobies as well as Oh Great, and the art director for the animated version didn't to adversely affect the self-esteem of his anime crew.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Heres a kinda follow up reply to your question which I found on another forum. If heard this before but was not sure if it was true.

Quote:
wow. thanks for the awesome clear-up. really appreciate it. so i guess the DVD version would be the best buy then.

i also heard that all games imported from japan are censored, so i guess there's no way around that. (unless even the ones in japan are also censored, please correct me if wrong)

thanks

You can thank Mr. Douglas MacArthur, the SCAP who was the head of the Japanese government under Allied (US) Occupation right after World War II for that.

Because of him, any material "that shows male/female genitalia visibly are rendered to be illegal" in Japan.

Good thing to censor priceless Edo-period ukiyoe art pictures too.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8727
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

I have no idea why they bother, must be the animation company - for example Midori No Hibi has full on boob shots, no smoke, no censor nothing...
Shin Natsume
Tamashii
Tamashii

hnm

Post by Shin Natsume »

i dont think that the dvds will be unblurred, neither are all japanese games ceonsored over here (at least not in europe, wich takes me wonder. the american games are censored in europe, due to their high violence rate (not all tough).

i think they just blurred it simply because it should not offend some people.
i have absolutly no problem with that. what really bothers me is the fact, that the fight scenese are stillpictures, and theat they probably cut out shins part... THAT bothers me...

im watching tenten because of the cool charas and the figths and shin, not becaus ei wanna see titts...
Till tomorow is a better day to be,
you
Sammy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sammy »

Cuz Manga is obviously better than anime. Manga > anime

anime is too soft.
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nicholas D. Wolfwood »

If they cut out shins part then christ almighty it's not even worth my time to bother watching it anymore.
hyoga_33
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hyoga_33 »

well im thinking that they might cut out the whole flashback into the past , cuz its said tha the anime series is only gonna be 26 episodes long , dont think they can fit evrything in just 26 , so my guess is that were not going to see shins story.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

At first I didn't think they would go into the past arc but I got a theory that even though no voice actors were announced for some of the past arc characters, the current VA's may double up on parts and play the past Arc people (Shin, Fu, Katana Members, Mana, etc....). But then again the anime may just play their own version. They have 19 episodes left so they should have enough time left to tell things accurately without rushing. I guess we'll have to wait and See.
Personbot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Personbot »

Why the fuck do people keep saying they are leaving the past arc out?

Its not like the anime is going to go all the way to the end of the manga because the manga isn't finished yet. They'll probably end the anime around volume 9 when Nagi opens his Dragon Gate and then wait and see if they want to do a second series.

Just because the voice actors for characters who don't show up until the middle of the series haven't been announced yet doesn't mean dick.