how to install bit torrent?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

LoVe CoMiCs
Yuurei
Yuurei

how to install bit torrent?

Post by LoVe CoMiCs »

hey...omg...i dunno how to install the bit torrent .... :shock:
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

You wanna tell us that you cannot double-click an .exe?

Thats all you gotta do to install BitTorrent - download the setup, double-click it, that's all - no setup dialogue, no nothing.
Bomb me, please.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: how to install bit torrent?

Post by FuguTabetai »

LoVe CoMiCs wrote:hey...omg...i dunno how to install the bit torrent .... :shock:
Do you have Java installed on your computer? If so, you can use Azureus - it has a windows installer that should walk you through the process: Azureus windows installer.

Otherwise, you can try one of the many other BitTorrent clients, such as the Official BitTorrent client.

good luck.

fugu
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Hey, I downloaded this new version of bittorrent called TorrentStorm, in the settings I can adjust the maximum upload Global and Default down to 3 ... So I did that, but still I get up to 7 kb/s upload ... Could someone tell me how to keep this as low as possible ... Because most of the time the uplaod is higher than the download ...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Banorac, it depends on the program that you are using, but Azureus's "global upload rate" has been rock-solid for me.

You do know that if you limit how much you upload, your download speeds will suffer too, right?

But the most important thing to do to make sure you have good download speeds is to make sure that you have ports 6881-6889 (at least) open on your firewall (if you have one.) That really improves download rates.

fugu
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Hm, I see ...

I don't really have a problem with upload ( only if it's higher than my download ), though my internet provider automatically shuts down if I have had to much upload in 30 days ... :evil:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Hey, Banorac. I'm using TorrentStorm too and it's working fine for me.

I also had the same problems at first, but after decreasing the default maxinum connections, my download rates have gotten better. (At the very least, a 1:1 ratio.) Just cap your upload rate within a reasonable limit (mine's at default,) and try tweaking your max connections instead. Also use Shadow's latest version in your downloader options.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Thx, but I already downloaded the prog Fugu uses :)

Because TorrentStorm went lifeless on me :?

It's going really good now upload never goes over 5 and download varies from 50 to 300 kb/s :D
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

I personally use BitTornado, not because it's better than Azureus, but just because, and I will occasionally see it go about 1-2 kilobyte per second over the upload speed I have it throttled at. Also, using bandwidth monitoring tools such as Netstat Live I've found that each BT client I've tried so far (including the original) actually uses more upstream than it claims to if you leave a torrent running for more than a couple days.

I'll be giving Azureus a try sometime in the next week or two, not because my current client is failing me at all (I have no upload limits beyond my bandwidth cap), but because I like tinkering. Meanwhile I'd like to thank all the folks that are leaving their seeds up right now on Chapter 66. When I got up this morning there were over 100 of them that I could see, and I was able to download the whole chapter in under two minutes last night thanks to everybody chipping in.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I'm pretty interested in Azureus too, but it's a resource hog right? I'm using bittorrent on a laptop--it's not that old or anything but it's not exactly the most power-user friendly either. That's what keeping me from trying it out at the moment. I'll probably get to it some time in the near future.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I use Azureus on my crappy laptop (PII 266 192 MB ram) and it is fine there. I use it on my nice laptop too - which is linux - and my sister uses it on her ibook. Man, Java rocks. I will not dispute that it is a resource hog - but it is a very flexible client with lots of information and options. I love it.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

WHat do you mean by resource hog ?

That it takes up alot of memory or something ?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, you see that's what I was wondering about. It's just something I've heard from here and there. I tend to be slow in cleaning up my hard disk, so I'm usually low on free space.