Tenjo tenge anime....what it could have been

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

emogen
Yuurei
Yuurei

Tenjo tenge anime....what it could have been

Post by emogen »

I just want to point out an anime that Ten ten could have been like. It's called Samurai Champloo and I think it's done by the same people who did Cowboy Bebop. If you've seen this show, you know what I mean. The fight scenes are fully animated and very dynamic. There have been some scenes in Ten ten that were nicely done, but I think the static shots where you have the characters just moving their mouths or are static while speed lines go behind them, far outnumber those nice scenes. I'm not the first to bring it up. I'm not complaining about the show, because I'm still glad there is one and I still eagerly wait each friday morning for the raws and the subs afterwards. Actually, when I first heard about the show, I had the notion that Mad house was doing it. From what they've produced before, maybe I wasn't fair in my expectations because I had Ninja Scroll in mind. Still, I'm wondering, what the show could have been like if it was done by the people who did Samurai Champloo or even Production I.G. Anyway, this is my first post and thanks alot to Fugu and to Ki shodar for all their work.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Cmon, simple consideration of economics here... no need to make a big fuss.

Popularity.

Funding.

Relationship of the authors with their respective studios.

One is based on manga, the other an idea (and from a veteran director).

Sure, TT could have been 'better', but how much are people willing to invest in it?
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Hey, who knows, maybe they'll redo Tenjo Tenge Anime later down the road, It's been done before. (Tenchi Muyo, Hanyuku Maids, etc....). I don't mind the anime that much. Manga- Anime conversions aren't always accurate storywise or on certain content so I didn't expect much. It is cool to see everything drawn finally have some motion to it.
Personbot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Personbot »

Yeah Madhouse did Ninja Scroll tv and that is one of the biggest pieces of shit around but they have also done plenty excellent anime as well.

And yeah some of the animation in Tenjo isn't the greatest but I'm satified with it. Back when the anime was annouced last year nobody was expecting much from it at all but I think its turned out pretty good so far.
hyoga_33
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hyoga_33 »

hey i fucking love the anime , i didnt even know theres was aTT manga until the 3 episode , i think its going good , best fight scenes ive seen , the animation is really good , and the story is basicly the same as the manga , really havent seen anything difrent.
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

I just saw Samurai Champloo a couple days ago, and it was goddam awesome. Awesome fights, awesome style. You can so tell it was done by Shinichiro Watanabe, cuz it kicks so much ass, just like Cowboy Bebop :D
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

hyoga_33 wrote:hey i fucking love the anime , i didnt even know theres was aTT manga until the 3 episode , i think its going good , best fight scenes ive seen , the animation is really good , and the story is basicly the same as the manga , really havent seen anything difrent.
Yeah, the anime is great but, I kinda think some of the fights in Air master were way better. The whole series was cool, although odd @ certain points.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Where'd you guys see it? Don't tell me it was on the IRC. Or was it on RAW from another website? Can you provide a link to where you downloaded it if you did?

Oh! I'm talking about Samurai Champloo by the way.
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

Here you go: http://anime.mircx.com/search?query=samurai+champloo

Take your pick of subbers :D I got the AF-F version, I haven't tried any of the others yet ^_^
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Awesome. I'll get back to you guy's after I see it. THX.
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Champloo is a whole different level, it looks like it'll be one of the animes of the year IMHO. However, the style is just a little different (if they ever decide to animate Bleach, they should do it like Shamploo, the characters from Bleach fit that style of animation right down to the last line...)

Then again, that could be the Korean Studios (note : I have nothing against them, but same thing happened with Naruto after it started being outsourced to the Korean animation company... there was a huge difference in animation levels compared to the earlier episodes... sometimes TJTG suffers from this too, you can see in certain parts of the eps, mostly when they do face closeups)

I thought Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex (in 1 and so far 2) had some really nice melee fighting too.
emogen
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by emogen »

I'm not so much disappointed with how the anime has turned out, I'm just saying how it could be much better. It's true how economics plays a big part in the production and that they are limited to a certain degree as to what they can do. I loved the the fight scenes in Airmaster as well, even though I've only seen two episodes, because the characters are actually moving about most of the time. There's alot of panning in Tenten where the characters are stationary while the background is whizzing behind them. Now, in Samurai champloo, they've gone even further. You'll have fight scenes where multiple characters are moving, extraordinarily choreographed, moving about the background while the camera is following them like it was a handheld camera. I've worked in tv production before and it's a hard scene to even plan. Again, in case people mistake me for not liking tenten, I love the show. just saying how it could have been.
Devilguy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Devilguy »

Tokyo Underground also had very poor animation (even worse).
It reminds a very old anime involving a female brat who plays volleyball : "Attacker Yu" or something similar. If some of you are French, it was called "Jeanne et Serge". It shouldn't exist nowadays. Fortunately for Tenten anime, the character design is quite good. Worse than the manga but still very good...
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

Well, nothing is as bad as Street Fighter II V. Ugh, so much panning, I wanted to gouge my eyes out. That series was so lame.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

You want to see BAD animation?

Try South Park :P
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

South Park was animated exactly the way it was supposed to be. At least, that's what I can tell from the style the makers chose to use. If you want to see bad animation, check out Gensomaden Saiyuki. No offense to the fans, but what a waste of my time that show was. It's just too bad, since the story seemed interesting. I can accept low animation quality if the rest of its parts significantly make up for it.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Eh... my point was just that the animation in SP was bad and crude... The stories were excellent, and fitted well with what was 'intended' as an animated film, but otherwise, the animation itself has no redeeming factor.
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

lol has anyone seen samurai deeper kyo anime and read the manga they totally screwed up a good series with the conversion to anime nothing even close to the manga only the characters looks and names.
Personbot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Personbot »

The Samurai Deeper Kyo anime is an even bigger piece of crap then Ninja Scroll TV.

The made all the bad guys turn into monsters so they could kill them off. I still can't get over this fact. The bad guys turned into fucking monsters. Not even cool looking monsters. Cheap, shitty looking monsters it just soo... argh. Whoever came up with that idea should be shot repeatedly.
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

you want an even shittier anime try da movie ninja ressurection including the horrible ending
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Isn't that sopuse to be Ninja Scroll part 2?
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Buddy, there is one anime that the world screwed up on.

GUN PARADE MARCH.

Its almost unlike the original thing.

Really, they didn't even add filter episodes, among the altered story lines, erased characters, **** relationships and everything evil that an anime serie could have.

I wouldn't be as offended, probably or perhaps NOT even offended had they done a good job at TRANSLATING THE ORIGINAL STORY ON ANIME!

They failed to do so, and thought they were SMART to create an entirely new storyline based on the GAME!

That doesn't work!

Crappy animation? FINE! If the story was good, sometimes the CRAPPIEST animation I can endure.

But an anime serie that is meant to be the destruction of a well-crafted story, I cannot accept.
Personbot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Personbot »

Ninja Ressurection wasn't a sequel to Ninja Scroll it was just cashing in on the popularity.

It was originally meant to be a 3 part OVA but then they decided they wanted to make it longer. But then they just stopped doing it all together. Its a shame because I enjoyed the second episode and would really like to see what happens next. I hope that someday they get around to finishing it off.
dumbo63
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by dumbo63 »

The only problem I got with Samurai Champloo is the music. The OP and ED kinda suck.
hyoga_33
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hyoga_33 »

i like them , im not into hip hop , but this sounds different , and it goes well wiht the animation , it gives it a good feeling , just like cowboy bebop with the jazz music.
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

I like the ED, but the lyrics for the OP suck.
erosennin85
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by erosennin85 »

Hehehe, no wonder.

But u guys also should check Fullmetal Alchemist. their fighting is good, not just flash, sfx"fushhh, shahhh" or something like that, they just show the true fighting scene. I heard that there was no different with the manga although i dunt read the manga.

Well, no wonder thats the top rated anime in Japan. I have all the eps.

But i still havent watched the Tenjo tenge animes. Still downloading them, damn, bittorent just sucks here.