Tenjou Tenge - School's Out AMV

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Masimmune
Yuurei
Yuurei

Tenjou Tenge - School's Out AMV

Post by Masimmune »

I've dl some of the Tenjo/Tenjou Tenge scans and found the series interesting. I also have checked out the anime recently and found it to be pretty good also (whether some may agree with me or not), so I created an anime music video for it.

I made this AMV taking what footage there was at the time of its creation. I'm a newbie when it comes to making anime music videos so there aren't any special effects or anything, but if you haven't seen the anime in action yet you can get a glimpse of it in my 4 minute AMV.

Download page + more info

The AMV is less than 50 megs in size and the server is pretty fast so I hope you guys get to see it even though it may not be great. The music is... not from TT so don't worry. ^_^

TT is also the anime of the month at my website, Animecoast, so you can check out some more stuff on the anime there too.
Mangaboards.com - Anime & Manga forums
AnimeCoast.com - Anime reviews
Yuurei

Post by Personbot »

Being called Schools Out I was expecting some Alice Cooper. Damn was I disappointed.

Apart from the horrible music it looked like a good first amv. I can't really judge on the timing because I had to mute the music if thats what you'd call it because really it was just horrible.
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

impression

Post by hitori »

Hey Masimmune!

That's was great.
It was the first TJTG amv I've seen.
I thought the music was pretty interesting.
What's the title and artist?
Also, your editing and encoding is superb.
Cleanly joined frames and nice picture quality.

But the music really didn't have coherence with the visuals.
Couldn't tell whether the visuals were the main theme or the music was.
I think this happened because the tempo of the music didn't go with the action sequences you have chosen.
TJTG anime has very fluid and slow action sequences, so the upbeaty music didn't go well with it.
The long takes are partly to blame as well.
With this kind of music, scenes had to be like half a second each, especially in the song's uptempo moments.

Also, your choice in the visual sequences is a bit odd.
You mention that you have chosen all the fight sequences, so I'm guessing action is your theme, but it really looks like chronological compilation of action sequences, rather than edited visual to tell a story or enhance the music.

But overall, I think for your first attempt, it's a great work.
And thanks much for sharing it with everyone.
I'll look forward to your subsequent works! 8)
Masimmune
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Masimmune »

I did sort of throw it together within a few days. Some serious AMV makers can spend over a month working on one. What I was really doing was figuring out how to get the best visual quality at the lowest possible size.

The music comes from... this thing. I recorded it and put it in the video. Some of my board members found it annoying too, but it is catchy if you listen to it several times. :P
Mangaboards.com - Anime & Manga forums
AnimeCoast.com - Anime reviews
Bushi

music

Post by hitori »

Apparently it's an opening song for a game called "Princess Bride!"
I like it.
I'm gonna look for this song after I go back home tonight. heh :D

Lyrics: Akuta Utsuro
Composition: KOTOKO (I've)
Arrangement: SORMA
Vocal: KOTOKO (I've)