Chapter Translations

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Personbot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Chapter Translations

Post by Personbot »

I'm sorry I can't remember who it was but somebody posted scans of all the current Tenjo chapters recently and firstly I would like to thank them for that.

And secondly I was wondering if anybody would be able to just post translations for chapters 70 onwards. I'm not after scanlations just plain text translations are all I'm asking for.

Please.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Does anyone besides me translation Tenjo Tenge?

I'm not aware of any other translation efforts besides mine.

I do have decent (not as good as the ones that I like to use, but decent) scans for fights 70-74 and was thinking of translating them after I finish with Kagome Kagome volume 3. I wouldn't put much into it though - probably just my standard GMAO output (no nice edits or anything.)

If I did that though, I doubt that I would go to the trouble to scan and translate volume 12 nicely when it came out though.

For that matter, by the times vol 12 comes out I don't know if I'll even be doing this any more (I hope to have graduated and be a productive member of real societly by then...)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Oh man, I guess this had to end some day :cry: . Thanks for everything youve done so far and anything that will be done after that. Good Luck on whatever you do. I guess I either have to learn Japanese or learn how to use GMAO.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

pv82 wrote:I guess I either have to learn Japanese or learn how to use GMAO.
That would be learn Japanese and learn how to use GMAO :)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, all good things have to end someday. Thanks in advance Fugu. Right now, I'm also wondering whether I'll even have the time for manga in the future.
Sammy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sammy »

Huh? That's a bummer. I just started getting more into TjTg.

It was as good as Berserk for me.

Oh well, Thanks Fugu for translating 1-11.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'm not stopping now, but I don't know what will happen once I get my phd, move to Japan, and get a job (sometime next year.) I might continue, I might not, but I will certainly be busy then...
CrazedAnimeFanatic
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by CrazedAnimeFanatic »

once i get a hang of my japanese i guess i could take over :D

later yall

(which may be a while :shock: )
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

FuguTabetai wrote:I'm not stopping now, but I don't know what will happen once I get my phd, move to Japan, and get a job (sometime next year.) I might continue, I might not, but I will certainly be busy then...
how 'bout you continue at whatever pace suits you, and not sweat it when folks hope for faster turn-around times?

The originals only come out once per month, after all. So depending on how fast the translation work itself turns out, we may be looking at like a weekend a month, and two weeks a year. It'll be like National Guard service, with little to no risk of being shot!
Shaggy McDaddy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shaggy McDaddy »

I like how everybody seems to have missed the point of the original post. I'm pretty sure Personbot wasn't asking for scanlations just
plain text translations
And its safe to say that Fugu isn't the only person on this forum who can read Japanese.

It shouldn't be too difficult for any of the other people who can read Japanese to post their translations up. Just look at the Skull Knight forums. They post the scans of the new Berserk chapters and somebody posts translations anywhere between a few hours to a few days laters. And they don't just rely on the one person the whole time. Its whoever gets in with their translation first and then everybody else helps out with any mistranslations.

Fugu is doing a great job and I greatly appreciate what hes done but he said himself he wont be doing this for much longer. So how about somebody else steps up now and starts posting the translations for the new chapters and when volume 12 comes out if Fugu or anybody else who wants to scanlate it let them. This would make their job a hell of a lot easier since the translations have already been done.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I am not quitting translating TJTG for a while.
For the impatient:
http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_12_Trans.html

fugu
Shaggy McDaddy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shaggy McDaddy »

Wow that was a lot quicker then I was expecting. Thanks a lot for that Fugu.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It isn't like I just sat down and did this now; like I've always said, I do this as a hobby. I translate a bit of something every day - when I can get good scans I translate from the TJTG UJ stuff.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

FuguTabetai wrote:I am not quitting translating TJTG for a while.
For the impatient:

fugu
Another script, I can wait to get home and read. Its like christmas all over again thanks Fugu.
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

pv82 wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:I am not quitting translating TJTG for a while.
For the impatient:

fugu
Another script, I can wait to get home and read. Its like christmas all over again thanks Fugu.
umm any idea when chapter 69 is comin out?? jus askin im gettin into da manga a lot more than usual
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

TW_J wrote: umm any idea when chapter 69 is comin out?? jus askin im gettin into da manga a lot more than usual
This is why I don't let people on the web know what I'm up to.

It is coming out when it is ready. If you can't wait, go join the irc channel and see what has been going on there.
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

FuguTabetai wrote:
TW_J wrote: umm any idea when chapter 69 is comin out?? jus askin im gettin into da manga a lot more than usual
This is why I don't let people on the web know what I'm up to.

It is coming out when it is ready. If you can't wait, go join the irc channel and see what has been going on there.
lol ok then i guess i'll stop asking mirc is too confusing for me lol
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

So I guess I came off as pretty harsh here.

Anyway, to let people in on what has been going on. I've been translating off of scans from the Ultra Jump monthly magazine. Probably about the time that Chapter 69 is ready to release (when I get the image edits back for it) I will also be able to release chapters 70, 71, 72, and 74. I haven't translated 73 yet, but I might be done with it when 69 is ready. Depends on when Ki Shodar is done with the image edits.

The translations for the UJ chapters that I will release will not have images edited by Ki - just the image edits that I make automatically with GMAO. If anyone wants to edit them up prettier, contact me. The HTML script link that I posted above is automatically updated with any translation that I do, so right now it has chapters 70, 71, 72, and 74 for those of you reading along at home.

Finally, if you ever want to know what is going on, feel free to drop by the IRC channel (irc://irc.irchighways.net/Manga-Translation) and ask questions. The people there (generally) know what I am up to, and can hook you up with the latest chapters.

When I release the ultra jump scans, they will all go into one torrent, I'm probably going to hold out until I can get chapters 70-74 all at once. Please speak up if you think that is a bad idea. But try to convince my why, because I think it is a mighty fine idea myself.
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

im fine with it

thanks a bunch. oh just wanted to point out that Ch71 page 16-17 and 23 have a few untranslated parts
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

FuguTabetai wrote:So I guess I came off as pretty harsh here.

Anyway, to let people in on what has been going on. I've been translating off of scans from the Ultra Jump monthly magazine. Probably about the time that Chapter 69 is ready to release (when I get the image edits back for it) I will also be able to release chapters 70, 71, 72, and 74. I haven't translated 73 yet, but I might be done with it when 69 is ready. Depends on when Ki Shodar is done with the image edits.

The translations for the UJ chapters that I will release will not have images edited by Ki - just the image edits that I make automatically with GMAO. If anyone wants to edit them up prettier, contact me. The HTML script link that I posted above is automatically updated with any translation that I do, so right now it has chapters 70, 71, 72, and 74 for those of you reading along at home.

Finally, if you ever want to know what is going on, feel free to drop by the IRC channel (irc://irc.irchighways.net/Manga-Translation) and ask questions. The people there (generally) know what I am up to, and can hook you up with the latest chapters.

When I release the ultra jump scans, they will all go into one torrent, I'm probably going to hold out until I can get chapters 70-74 all at once. Please speak up if you think that is a bad idea. But try to convince my why, because I think it is a mighty fine idea myself.
guess i was a bit late, im going away for a month tomarow. but these scans are so called winny scans which are already half leveled. whch makes it harder then usal scans. there you must be pretty careful when leveling so the quick mask dont screw up, if i wasnt going away i could you out. if they for some reson arent out when i get back i could edit the pages for you
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

zip wrote:guess i was a bit late, im going away for a month tomarow. but these scans are so called winny scans which are already half leveled. whch makes it harder then usal scans. there you must be pretty careful when leveling so the quick mask dont screw up, if i wasnt going away i could you out. if they for some reson arent out when i get back i could edit the pages for you
Only chapter 71 are from the scans found on winny. 70 are from scans that PenPen at JoJohot did for me, 72 are scans that I made from my Ultra Jump for that month, 73 are scans from Leo-, and 74 are scans from Ikari (both leo- and Ikari are from the Manga-Translation IRC channel.) So they are all much higher quality. PenPen I think will be sending me some higher res scans of 71, so I might use those instead (assuming I can get some auto scan size scaling thing going on in GMAO.)

fugu
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by User151 »

I guess i'm newest one joining the tenjo tenge universe here.
but i'd like to thank fugu-san for all the work he's done. without him i won't even know if tenten exist. i haven't read much manga but one is pretty amazing :wink: , i just can't wait to get the next chapter. I can't read japanese; so if fugu-san stops doing the translations, I don't think i'd be able to follow tenten story anymore. :(

But anyway thank you fugu-san for all the work you've done.
It is a good day to die
By the way, Maya is my heroine