Fight 74 *spoilers

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Fight 74 *spoilers

Post by pv82 »

Wow, a final conclusion to the "zombie Fu" fight. As far as I saw, Fu was not yet finished off. I think he was tapping in to his whole "Electric Element User" Powers because at one point a large part of the town had some kind of black out. Meanwhile Masataka's body seem to start twitching and he starts seeing snake in his mind :? (I wonder if that is similar to when Mitsumi starting seeing snakes in the past arc??). He then Reacts while Fu is powering up and as Fu is about to aim for Tawara

Bam
http://groups.msn.com/otakushadowsretur ... otoID=6163

And the at the same time in the helicopter caring Aya, one of the guys riding the heli starts for Aya chest and she catches him off guard and fight her way off the Heli. So in the end of the fight, Aya is free and then the show a scene where Souhaku seems to have take some damage at the shrine i think? (a small cut a the forehead) I don't know it has anything to do with Fu.

Oh man, too much caffine in the morning oh well. I know i skipped some stuff and that since I can't read Japanese some of this stuff might not be accurate. Also the intro pic of Aya is pretty hot, She's been getting alot of hot pics lately.
Devilguy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Devilguy »

Fu Chien was controlled by Souhaku through the orb. He did not seem as powerful as he was in the past arc. In my opinion he was not powering up : he was about to explode. Souhaku took damage because he was linked with Fu Chien. Consequently I suppose that he had planned to break the link at the latest moment.

Except his head, what we saw of Fu's body seemed the same as 2 years ago.
Either it was a dead puppet or he was wearing a mask.

Regarding the latest chapters I am beginning to believe that OH Great has taken into consideration the fans' opinion (if the Japanese have the same as most of us).
CHANGE
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by CHANGE »

Hey sounds really cool, does anyone here know where I can download the raw?
Devilguy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Devilguy »

very easy
go to the irc channel
blackstar
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by blackstar »

Hi everybody I'm new :D
In this chapter Souhaku seems to have noticed Masataka's strength cuz he says at the end "Takayanagi Masataka, in one day he destroyed 2 of my "spell"(not sure about the trans)... the real warrior, eh?"
What do you think of that? maybe Souhaku will try to capture him like Nagi.
Anyway I hope Masataka will continue to fight in the next chapters :twisted:
Devilguy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Devilguy »

Do you understand japanese?
Obviously the "experiment" that the Takayanagi elder carried out using Shin to make Misuomi the true warrior did not end being a success. I seriously doubted that someone who can only fight for 3 minutes would be the true warrior. If you understand japanese, maybe you can tell us what Masataka's father says because it seems he knew precisely what was going to happen (evil grin).

Oh and I don't think Souhaku is going to kidnap anyone else, that would be lame.
blackstar
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by blackstar »

yes I understand japanese a little cuz I'm studying it at school, I don' think I can translate what douhgen says, I don't know all the kanjis but I will try tonight, it will probably be a crappy trans though :?
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

I think Masataka could become the "true warrior" from Takayanagi legend. Plus...when the cursed katana started to sing Asshat immiedietly looked at Masataka...hmm :)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

He did not seem as powerful as he was in the past arc. In my opinion he was not powering up : he was about to explode.
I kinda thought that was what was going to happen, Not really sure. It shows that some jumperlike cables where hooked into the powerlines and then they have the close up of the weapons (gunes, grenades, etc...)
In this chapter Souhaku seems to have noticed Masataka's strength cuz he says at the end "Takayanagi Masataka, in one day he destroyed 2 of my "spell"(not sure about the trans)... the real warrior, eh?"
That would be so cool if it is true, Throughout the Manga, Masataka seems to disapoint alot of people on thier expectations of him (Mitsumi calls him trash, Maya says she is disappointed in him @ the bowling alley, Aya constant punks him) I'm glad he's getting the page time. But you got to admit for the last 2 fights Masataka had alot of help. Madoka V.S. Bob- Izuzu -then Masataka showed up after Modaka went bonkers and was weary and he dealt the finishing blow. Then Zombie Fu V.S. Aya (kinda), Tawara, and same thing Masataka finishes. Does a True Warrior need help???
I got 2 questions, what is up with Maya showing up in the chapters, it doesn't seem like she is doing anything important :? . Also, Ive been asking for a while, but Ive been reading the past arc and I noticed that before Mitsumi fought Shin he saw alot of snakes, i guess they signify fear. Why is Masataka seeing snake all of a sudden, is he scared of something??
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

pv82 wrote:(Mitsumi calls him trash, Maya says she is disappointed in him @ the bowling alley, Aya constant punks him)
Uhm, Maya says she's disappointed? Are you sure? I thought it was Mitsuomi who says that. :? Something about not being strong enough to handle 40 or 50 men on his own.

As for the snake images, I guess I have to read the previous chapters again, but I think you're right about it representing fear, or some gnawing urge for power. I think those two desires come hand in hand--but fear of what, I'm not really sure. Interestingly, Maya also had something to say about it to Mitsuomi in the past arc.

But the real question is, if Masataka is on the path of becoming the True Warrior, does this mean there's a "monster" as well? If that is so, then who could the "monster" be...

Ok, I'll stop jumping into conclusions now. :wink:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kujoe wrote:
pv82 wrote:(Mitsumi calls him trash, Maya says she is disappointed in him @ the bowling alley, Aya constant punks him)
Uhm, Maya says she's disappointed? Are you sure? I thought it was Mitsuomi who says that. :? Something about not being strong enough to handle 40 or 50 men on his own.

Ok, I'll stop jumping into conclusions now. :wink:
Yup, It's after the fight, I think she's massaging his back and she says something like that. I think it was 80 guys? Nagi, Aya or his father = real monster??? No , its cool jump to conclusions, these are some of the best answers ive gotten.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

I think Masataka could become the "true warrior" from Takayanagi legend. Plus...when the cursed katana started to sing Asshat immiedietly looked at Masataka...hmm
Bit offtopic, but the katana thing was a clear reference to Souichirou's berserker-mode, not Masataka (besides, how would Asshat know anything about it?). It's interesting actually, that in both Shin's and Souichirou's berserker cases the puzzle pieces and the katana singing appears. Takayanagi Dougen even said in Shin's case that the "sword is excited because it's master has woken up", I didn't think there was any connection between the sword and Souichirou, but then again, it's supposed to be a prison for demonic beings/influences, so it's no surprise there would be a connection to a berserker demon excorcist.
Yup, It's after the fight, I think she's massaging his back and she says something like that. I think it was 80 guys? Nagi, Aya or his father = real monster??? No , its cool jump to conclusions, these are some of the best answers ive gotten.
Yea it was after the fight, but I always thought them insulting Masataka was more in the lines of "why didn't you win against 237^120 opponents you weakling?", not insulting his prowess. Well, at least Maya didn't I think, and his Mitsuomi was acting the loving and encouraging big brother role.

I'd like to see the character development she'd have to go through to become Takayanagi's "monster", so Aya's pretty much off. It's not far off to think Masataka and Souichirou would fight as Mitsuomi and Shin did though, and I refuse to accept that Masataka could kick Souhaku's ass. If Souhaku has to lose in the end, it pretty damn well be by a madman Souichirou.
Last edited by Rooster on Thu May 27, 2004 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devilguy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Devilguy »

But you got to admit for the last 2 fights Masataka had alot of help. Madoka V.S. Bob- Izuzu -then Masataka showed up after Modaka went bonkers and was weary and he dealt the finishing blow. Then Zombie Fu V.S. Aya (kinda), Tawara, and same thing Masataka finishes. Does a True Warrior need help???
I got 2 questions, what is up with Maya showing up in the chapters, it doesn't seem like she is doing anything important :?
In both fights it was clear that he did not need help (in the first one it was he who came to the rescue) Aya, Bob and Isuzu were not very efficient and Tawara's punch was powerful but useless because the best way to get rid of Necro Fu was to aim at the eye/orb. I was disappointed seeing Aya being beaten so easily although she had the dragon eyes. She was probably kidnapped because her power is linked with Souichiro's. Masataka is of course not the True Warrior yet.

Letting Maya out of the picture is very clever because we get to see weaker members of the Jyuken fight/improve.

Here are my reasons for believing Souichiro will be the monster of the Takayanagi legend:
- Masataka's love interest towards Aya (he self admitted he hoped Souichiro would not come back)
- Souichiro's newly found monstruous powers
- they have been rivals since the very beginning
- the similarity (not quite the same though) with the past arc: Masataka/Mitsuomi and Souichiro/Shin
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

In both fights it was clear that he did not need help (in the first one it was he who came to the rescue) Aya, Bob and Isuzu were not very efficient and Tawara's punch was powerful but useless because the best way to get rid of Necro Fu was to aim at the eye/orb. I was disappointed seeing Aya being beaten so easily although she had the dragon eyes. She was probably kidnapped because her power is linked with Souichiro's.
In the Bob & Isuzu v Madoka, Madoka was already pretty wasted after the fight, and Masataka's first powerful hit (which pretty much decided it already) was a surprise hit she didn't see coming.

Tawara's punch was powerful but I don't think it was useless. Animated dead don't feel pain sure, but Tawara's upper was enough to send him flying. Maybe he didn't feel pain, but it damaged his zombie-body and stopped him in his tracks.

This is not to say Masataka needed help, but he got it, benefited from it and he fought better because of it. And he didn't fight better because the adversaries were battered up but because of what his friends did.
Here are my reasons for believing Souichiro will be the monster of the Takayanagi legend
I agree. If the story goes so that Takayanagi Masataka becomes the "hero", then Souichirou will definitely be the "monster".
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Kinda off-topic, but I'm missing something here. What do you guys mean by "puzzle pieces"? I haven't seen this chapter yet btw.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

Kinda off-topic, but I'm missing something here. What do you guys mean by "puzzle pieces"? I haven't seen this chapter yet btw.
I'm referring to the tetris-style puzzle pieces that appear when both of them go berserk.

Shin's case: V07CH40P019&040 (didn't check further than that)

Souichirou's case: V11CH64P013 (same)
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Rooster wrote:In the Bob & Isuzu v Madoka, Madoka was already pretty wasted after the fight, and Masataka's first powerful hit (which pretty much decided it already) was a surprise hit she didn't see coming.
Then maybe she should have seen it coming. As my Kenpo sensei used to tell me, there is no such thing as a fair fight. :)

With regards to the puzzle blocks, those are representing fate. The sound is that of the pieces coming together. Any number of theories about what this will evenutally mean can hold water. I personally favor that when the blocks come together, the pieces fall into place, and a couple other cliches are recited, we will see the climax of the plotline, and the appearance of the fabled true warrior.

Each time that they have appeared can be rather handily attributed to Maya or Shin's Dragon's Eye ability. The author is highlighting that fate is pushing the events at hand, and underscoring in importance of whatever is going on in that part of the story.

Oh yeah, and it tends to correspond with teenagers being violent, and boobies. But everything in this comic revolves around teenagers being violent. And boobies. :)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Maybe in the next chapter we will finally see what happened to Nagi, (alot of chapters have happened since then). I am also curious about the last 3 members of the "F". I have an idea of what Kabuto's powers are, but I am curious about the guy with the Mohawk (BTW, Mohawks kick ass, I wish I could have one :( ), and the person that look like some type of shrine person??. Isn't the guy with the Mohawk the guy with the Dragon Plam ability. I thought he's be the son of the old lady that healed Bob, but he's not. He's the son of the guy gold digging (see where all families where introduced) Wait look here http://groups.msn.com/OtakuShadowsRetur ... otoID=6178. Is the dragon plam a familiy ability or is its some thing can be learned?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I assume that these are all techniques that can be learned by someone who can control their Chakras (Dragon's Gates) but some families have spent more time with certain techniques, and pass those techniques on down the family line, so it comes to seem like they are inherited. That fits with the explanations given about Nagi - one of the special things about his ability is that he is easily able to pick up other techniques without years of training.

Not too much information was given on the heads of the families when we met them back during Nagi's training, but it certainly might provide a clue.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

Then maybe she should have seen it coming. As my Kenpo sensei used to tell me, there is no such thing as a fair fight.
The point was that he had help, not about the fairness of the fight, since I agree with your kenpo teacher.
With regards to the puzzle blocks, those are representing fate.
I agree with you to an extent. Destiny hasn't been much of a theme in the manga yet though, so I thought up another theory in which the pieces are pieces of the machination that began eight years ago, and they're slowly coming together. Of course that theory is still an offshoot of the destiny-theory, but then it would be Man-made.
and pass those techniques on down the family line, so it comes to seem like they are inherited.
Do you mean they pass them down by "blood" or teach them to their sons/daughters? If teach, I have to disagree, since there's plenty of evidence otherwise. About them learning the techniques, Souichirou was said to be a fighting genius if I remember correctly, which seems a little far-fetched concerning his abilities then but hey... Mataza is a bit different though, since his father was a Tsumuji (unless his mother lied) and I doubt her prostitute mother was from Shyukyou family, but he didn't learn it either (he "awoke" to his red feather powers). So I gather it must be some bloodrelation somewhere down the line. I'm not working on much information though.

Chapter 75 would be the final chapter of volume 12 would it not? I'm definite that Souichirou will show up there, even if it is the last few pages.
blackstar
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by blackstar »

phew! finally finished this translation, so basically Masataka asks Dougen what is the true warrior and he answers that he can no longer speak about that(cuz mitsuomi fired him), but he thinks the true warrior is someone who doesn't need to fight(!), he must be in peace with himself and his opponent. he then says that they(masataka and him) are in that case(I'm not sure)
In fact, what Dougen says isn't really important
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Rooster wrote:I agree with you to an extent. Destiny hasn't been much of a theme in the manga yet though, so I thought up another theory in which the pieces are pieces of the machination that began eight years ago, and they're slowly coming together. Of course that theory is still an offshoot of the destiny-theory, but then it would be Man-made.
Personally, I prefer the word, "fate" because it has a more tragic ring to it, but that's just me. Either way, your interpretation and burrowowl's suggest the significance of past events--events which were beyond anyone's control, yet brought to fruition through human actions--events, which are seemingly being reflected in the present. Though it sounds like I'm over-reading something like Tenjo Tenge in this regard, I nevertheless find the conflicting themes of fate and free will very interesting.

With regard to the red feather abilities, they do seem to be inherited. I doubt with all what's happened so far, that Makiko was planning to teach Souichirou the Dragon's Gate from the start. In fact, no way could have Shin and Aya's Dragon's Eyes been taught to them by their family after all the effort their father went through in imprisoning Shin. But as all things go, such powers must have started somewhere. In the end, we would probably never know why such powers ever came to be.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

My personal (completely uninformed) opinion is that some people can open "Dragon's Gates" and some can't. For the ones that can, they might have the potential to manifest powers in many ways, but certain families tend to concentrate in one area or another. With Nagi being able to use Ishiyumi's water arrows now, I suspect that they all have some common root that Nagi's line is able to make use of.

Like I said, uninformed opinion. :)
NatsumeShin
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by NatsumeShin »

Well i think that Nagi Family Dragon's Punch is something that steal's other persons ability....because he never would have been able to use ishiyumi's arrows in normal form......its like his Dragon Gate absorbs others abilitys
Trust Is A Weakness,Betrayal Is The Hidden Blade
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Rooster wrote:I agree with you to an extent. Destiny hasn't been much of a theme in the manga yet though, so I thought up another theory in which the pieces are pieces of the machination that began eight years ago, and they're slowly coming together. Of course that theory is still an offshoot of the destiny-theory, but then it would be Man-made.
Here I definately disagree with you. Fate has been a cornerstone of this series since the beginning. The entire situation that Souichiro and Bob walked into in the first chapter precipitated from the actions of one madman that could see the future. Mitsuomi's condition, the rebellion of "F" against the older generation, the clash with Jyukenbo, and the arrival of Souichiro Nagi are all interwined and rolling towards an inevitable conclusion.

We just don't know what that conclusion is yet, because Aya apparently hasn't seen it yet, and Shin never told anybody.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

Here I definately disagree with you. Fate has been a cornerstone of this series since the beginning. The entire situation that Souichiro and Bob walked into in the first chapter precipitated from the actions of one madman that could see the future. Mitsuomi's condition, the rebellion of "F" against the older generation, the clash with Jyukenbo, and the arrival of Souichiro Nagi are all interwined and rolling towards an inevitable conclusion.
I take it the madman is Shin, but it hasn't been said what the Dragon's Eye sees is set in stone. Short term pretty much yes, but long term, who knows. I had a feeling that Shin didn't even try to change the future, since he was willing to be burned by the flame. In other words, "rolling towards an inevitable conclusion" I wouldn't attribute to fate only but a consequence of coincidences and character interactions. The only comment about fate in the series was Aya's jackass statement about her and Souichirou, so I'm still not that convinced fate is here a boulder running downhill. But then again I wasn't really keen on that part either while reading.
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

Rooster wrote:
I think Masataka could become the "true warrior" from Takayanagi legend. Plus...when the cursed katana started to sing Asshat immiedietly looked at Masataka...hmm
Bit offtopic, but the katana thing was a clear reference to Souichirou's berserker-mode, not Masataka (besides, how would Asshat know anything about it?). It's interesting actually, that in both Shin's and Souichirou's berserker cases the puzzle pieces and the katana singing appears. Takayanagi Dougen even said in Shin's case that the "sword is excited because it's master has woken up", I didn't think there was any connection between the sword and Souichirou, but then again, it's supposed to be a prison for demonic beings/influences, so it's no surprise there would be a connection to a berserker demon excorcist.
Oh..I didn`t mean that Masataka will wield the sword, but Asshat did look at him when the sword was going crazy. So..maybe Masataka will become the one who will fight next sword owner(or maybe Asshat just remembered Mitsuoi and looked as Mastaka because of that). Plus..they really do need somebody to become "true warrior" and Masataka is the only candidate(Nagi has cursed blood... so maybe some people might use him as they wanted to use Shin- as a monster to find a true hero)
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

i think reiki will be used in a different purpose dis time since souichirou will most likely become wat shin was 2 yrs ago
JBong
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by JBong »

wait there was a foreshadowing in one of the chapters.... where they say that, that was when the strongest member of the jyuukenbu existed! ( which i think they mean nagi, in other words i think foreshadowing nagi's death)
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

possibly but dont take it as if it might be true or wait you might be right since tenjo tenge is gonna be most likely a tragedy
Devilguy
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Devilguy »

Fate has an importance in Tenjo Tenge: I mean that being born in feathers families entails things such as innate abilities and curses too. Of course, this is only potential, it only makes one path more likely than the others.
Some people like Dougen (who tried and perhaps still tries to make the Takayanagi legend come true) and Souhaku (at an even greater scale) help or push fate a bit. I'm curious about what Makiko hinted in chapter 67:
8 years ago Souhaku released the "power she had collected" (the Dragon Gates she had stolen?), which resulted in several teenagers (Mataza, Shin and probably others) becoming uberpowerful psychos.
Maya remembered that Fu had told her about 10 people with abilities similar to Shin's at Toudou. But the problem is that we have not seen many and that they were at Toudou 2 years ago...
"The results of the many seeds sown earlier" by Oh Great might be the readers' confusion. :wink:

Jbong, what chapter are you refering to, please?
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

i seem to have forgotten who is the one that possess the dragon palm??
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

TW_J wrote:i seem to have forgotten who is the one that possess the dragon palm??

Hotaru. A healing power.
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

o i c thnx dude
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

FuguTabetai wrote:
TW_J wrote:i seem to have forgotten who is the one that possess the dragon palm??

Hotaru. A healing power.
He is not Hotaru, actually.

According to the scans from the special issue, he is from the Kagiroi clan. There is not Hotaru among the "F". Unfortunately, I can't make out the kanji for his first name.

http://groups.msn.com/OtakuShadowsRetur ... otoID=6178
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

JBong wrote:wait there was a foreshadowing in one of the chapters.... where they say that, that was when the strongest member of the jyuukenbu existed! ( which i think they mean nagi, in other words i think foreshadowing nagi's death)
I also read it that way myself, and with the consequences of Nagi's ability, that's certainly a possibility. However, I realize that strength is also one of the themes of the story--and since its Masataka (I presume it was him) who said that--I'm also wondering what did he exactly mean when he said "the strongest."
JBong
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by JBong »

welp yah! i did leave out where that was located. its volume 1 chapter 156-157.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:

Hotaru. A healing power.
He is not Hotaru, actually.

According to the scans from the special issue, he is from the Kagiroi clan. There is not Hotaru among the "F". Unfortunately, I can't make out the kanji for his first name.

Are you sure? As far as I can tell from from Volume 9 Pages 12-13 (where all the older family members are introduced for Souichirou's training) Hotaru is clearly the older woman with the black hair (check http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/charac ... cters.html - I have her labelled Hotaru) and later on (Volume 9, Page 108) she clearly is the one that is healing Souichirou and Aya with the Dragon's Palm.

I haven't picked up the Tenjo Tenge special (I guess I should do that at some point) but that seems to directly contradict what we have seen in volume 9...

Although, looking at the scan that you indicated, I think you are talking about Kagiroi, and we're just thinking of different things here.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

FuguTabetai wrote:Are you sure? As far as I can tell from from Volume 9 Pages 12-13 (where all the older family members are introduced for Souichirou's training) Hotaru is clearly the older woman with the black hair (check http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/charac ... cters.html - I have her labelled Hotaru) and later on (Volume 9, Page 108) she clearly is the one that is healing Souichirou and Aya with the Dragon's Palm.

I haven't picked up the Tenjo Tenge special (I guess I should do that at some point) but that seems to directly contradict what we have seen in volume 9...

Although, looking at the scan that you indicated, I think you are talking about Kagiroi, and we're just thinking of different things here.
No, the old lady is Hotaru, she is on the previous page of the Special Issue. Mohawk guy is Kagiroi. He also heals Ishiyumi in the hospital, after his fight with Nagi.

As to their powers, it could simply mean that their abilities are similar. Maya can heal as well. Healing in itself is not a feature of the Dragon's Gate, it's simply a transfer of ki from the healer to the healed. Natsume can do it, Hotaru can do it, Kagiroi can do it. I would assume that the Dragon Palm has other, more lethal, properties other than just healing.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I think, as far as healing goes, the Dragon Palm is more effective in healing--both for the user and to the person it is used to. Then again, it also depends on the user. Maya is able to heal faster due to her training, just as she is able to control her ki by transforming.

The Dragon Palm is another ability entirely. Most likely, as the abilities of Souichirou and Tsumuji have shown, the Dragon Palm itself is also inherited--unlike Maya's healing method which requires more old-fashioned training and experience.

And as for Hotaru and Kagiroi--I haven't looked into this as much as you guys have--but maybe "Hotaru" is a first name?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:According to the scans from the special issue, he is from the Kagiroi clan. There is not Hotaru among the "F". Unfortunately, I can't make out the kanji for his first name.

I can try to scan that page again, maybe even scale it up if you guys want? I am really curious about the guy with the Mohawk too. His looks pretty big like Kabuto, He must have some other techniques. Plus there the person that is in robes who we haven't seen yet (IF you see the picture where Mitsumi is standing with the "F" surrounding him a cricle formation you will see who I am talking about). Maybe the healing technique were taught to him by the old hag :twisted:.Mataza was pretty extreme in his tatics so I wonder what wickedness will they unleash on the Juk.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

Well, there went my theory down the drain... Maybe he is a bastard child then, ha. Even Tsumuji Mataza's Claw came from Shyukyou, a branch family of the Kabane family, which is pretty far away from 'Tsumuji', and I doubt his prostitute mother was a Shyukyou.

I still think they're hereditary. Maybe their families have a reputation for inter-breeding, but that's somewhat far-fetched.
Shinpachi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shinpachi »

I think there's a difference between healing the spirit and healing the body. Maya was merely healing Souchiro's spirit, as he'd exhausted himself, not healing any wounds or broken bones. The Dragon Palm was healing physical injuries. Obv Maya can't really heal herself very well, she had that broken arm for quite some time.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

pv82 wrote:
MrProphet wrote:According to the scans from the special issue, he is from the Kagiroi clan. There is not Hotaru among the "F". Unfortunately, I can't make out the kanji for his first name.

I can try to scan that page again, maybe even scale it up if you guys want? I am really curious about the guy with the Mohawk too. His looks pretty big like Kabuto, He must have some other techniques. Plus there the person that is in robes who we haven't seen yet (IF you see the picture where Mitsumi is standing with the "F" surrounding him a cricle formation you will see who I am talking about). Maybe the healing technique were taught to him by the old hag :twisted:.Mataza was pretty extreme in his tatics so I wonder what wickedness will they unleash on the Juk.
Yeah, a bigger picture with better resolution would be great.

By the way, Kabutщ Jr.'s first name is Katsuyoshi.
And as for Hotaru and Kagiroi--I haven't looked into this as much as you guys have--but maybe "Hotaru" is a first name?
No, Hotaru is a clan name.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Rooster wrote:I still think they're hereditary. Maybe their families have a reputation for inter-breeding, but that's somewhat far-fetched.
It's not really that far-fetched. Such things are bound to happen. Souhaku is a red feather too, right? Plus, branch families are quite normal within the clan structure of the families depicted in Tenjo Tenge.

But interbreeding?! You make it sound as if they're dogs or something. :lol:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Interbreeding? Shin - Maya. Really, how do they breed if it seems their clans are totally separate? Maybe they Breed with the other lower 36 families. It would be cool to see a white & red feather offspring (best of both worlds). Oh I know this, Makiko and Shohaku are for 2 diffrent clans, I found it weird that in the specail edition of Tenge tenjo when they have the familes together, they only have Souichirou's face next to Makiko, not next to Shohaku :? . Plus, I don't know why, but I kinda assumed Kurei was part of the magic users families but he's not, he just a super smart kid.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

pv82 wrote:Oh I know this, Makiko and Shohaku are for 2 diffrent clans, I found it weird that in the specail edition of Tenge tenjo when they have the familes together, they only have Souichirou's face next to Makiko, not next to Shohaku :? .
Actually, that's not so weird. Since we're talking about well-defined clans here, I assume that the red and white feather clans are somewhat structured according to the traditional concept of ie. (For a more extensive explanation, just look this up on the net. :wink: ) Through this, it is acceptable for the man (not the eldest most likely) to marry into the family of his spouse. The man receives her last name upon marriage and becomes an "adopted" son, thus ensuring that through their marriage, her clan can continue on to the next generation. This usually happens when a family has no male heir and are only left with daughter(s). Sons who are not first-born may leave the household and form branch families outside the main branch. (Maybe this could help explain Masataka's situation?) Anyway, this is just some background regarding this concept. It doesn't necessarily apply to Souhaku and Makiko--but from the looks of it, Makiko and Souichirou seem to be only the surviving members of their clan.

Souichirou belongs to the Nagi family by name. It's right there in his family registry--a document which is still being regulated by the Japanese government to this day.

Of course, we're not really sure of all the details surrounding Souhaku and Makiko. This is just how I view the messed up politics of the clans in the story. Who knows? Maybe they're not even married in the first place.

*Come to think of it, remember the issue regarding Japan's newest imperial princess? Japan just might have a new empress in the future.) And, uhm, sorry for the long-winded reply.
Last edited by kujoe on Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote: By the way, Kabutщ Jr.'s first name is Katsuyoshi.
Thanks Mr. Prophet - stuff like that is really useful to me. (I'll just go back and fix his name in my XML translation files, and re-generate character lists and translations.)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:Yeah, a bigger picture with better resolution would be great.

By the way, Kabutщ Jr.'s first name is Katsuyoshi.
I just got my own scanner and I all I need is a USB cable. I will try to do it this weekend. The issue is pretty messed up now so I might as well use an Exacto and take the pages out (I was originally going to buy 2 copies and do this to one anyways). I am running out of space on the Otaku sHadows website so I may end up deleting some images, which will drop some of those links, Ill try to go back and edit my post and take them off.
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Also, Ive been asking for a while, but Ive been reading the past arc and I noticed that before Mitsumi fought Shin he saw alot of snakes, i guess they signify fear. Why is Masataka seeing snake all of a sudden, is he scared of something??
Yea it was fear Mitsumi had about Shin, same thing happening to Masataka, he's doubting his ability to fight against enemies that uses "Power" and "Chi", there was a flash back of him talking to bob how people that uses Chi have their weakness (they need time to charge etc.), and how Bob would be a tougher enemy, but now the fight against Fu (chi user) caused him doubt and fear if he could win against people with special abilities I guess (people from red feathers)