Tenjo Tenge Ultra Jump Special ISBN

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

nerozan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Tenjo Tenge Ultra Jump Special ISBN

Post by nerozan »

Does anyone knows the ISBN of the Tenjo tenge Special?

I may have found a store that can get the special.
They ask me for the ISBN but I couldn
The Only Things That I Can�t Beat In This World Are Shitake Mushrooms, A Crying Kid And Your Boobs.
nerozan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by nerozan »

Ok people I have a surprise for you

I have recieved my confirmation e-mail from the store and

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they can get this issue of tenjo tenge ultra jump special
So, to all the great people of the forum here is the page to order, how to order and the correct information of the book.

Note: You need to make and account and most important
IT CAN ONLY DELIVER TO THE U.S. AND CANADA
SORRY TO ALL THE EUROPE FANS !!!!!! :( :( :(
You will need to ask an american friend to send it to you or something else

Hope you enjoy it :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Site:

http://www.fujisan.com/open24hours/supe ... azine.html

Info

Please put the following information in each cell.

Title: UltraJump Tokubetsu Henshu-TenjhoTenge Soushuhen
Publisher: Shueisha
Magazine Code: unknown
Price: 700
Quantity: (Please put a number in numerals.)
Subscription Period: (Please select 1 issue only.)
The Only Things That I Can�t Beat In This World Are Shitake Mushrooms, A Crying Kid And Your Boobs.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I'm putting it on my favorites right now. thanks for the link nerozan.
I might use these guys for the next Ultra Jump issue, which I think will contain Fight 75 and the end of volume 12 I think.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Weeee!! THX for the link. I'm going to order it as soon as I get to US this July.
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

looks like we still need an ISBN number
Shaggy McDaddy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shaggy McDaddy »

Is there an ISBN number?

I just tried to order it from the Kinokuniya in Syndey and they told me that I need the ISBN number to be able order it.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

Shaggy McDaddy wrote:Is there an ISBN number?

I just tried to order it from the Kinokuniya in Syndey and they told me that I need the ISBN number to be able order it.
There is no ISBN. This is an issue of a magazine and I don't think magazines generally have an ISBN.

Instead, because it's a magazine, the issue has a "zasshi code" (magazine code): 11814-6
(This number can be found at the back of the magazine, bottom left hand corner). You could try giving that number to the bookstore to see if it helps, but I don't know how useful the number will be...

There's another number nearby, which appears related (since it includes the same sequence of digits) but I'm not sure what the relevance of that number is: T1111814060704.

Whatever you do, you need to place your order as soon as possible. Since it's a magazine (ie published periodically), it can be very difficult to get hold of back issues, particularly once a new issue comes out (unless you've got a friend in Japan who's able to apply to Shuiesha for you, or something like that). Try to get as much info together as you can on the issue (including the title in kanji etc), give it all to the bookstore and hope for the best.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

[quote="nerozan's sig"]The Only Things That I Can
Natsume Danjou Maya.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

[quote="Natsume Maya"][quote="nerozan's sig"]The Only Things That I Can
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

[quote="Natsume Maya"][quote="nerozan's sig"]The Only Things That I Can
nerozan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by nerozan »

My signature is from a translated page of Tenjo Tenge manga

Is in volume 3 page 161 or 12 from the zip alone

This is said when Bunshichi appears in the bowling alley where he said to maya to dont point her tits to him . I only copy what it is tranlated.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

nerozan wrote:My signature is from a translated page of Tenjo Tenge manga

Is in volume 3 page 161 or 12 from the zip alone

This is said when Bunshichi appears in the bowling alley where he said to maya to dont point her tits to him . I only copy what it is tranlated.
Yep, volume 3, page 161. Sadly, I lost the XML file and other data files for only the last 2/3rds of that volume, so I can't go back and correct it. But I was totally wrong. Natsume Maya is right - I didn't know the guy was even called "Shiitake-sensei."

Thanks for the info Natsume Maya.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

Regarding the anime:
pv82 wrote:I swear they are almost copying frames from the manga and painting them
It almost seems that way. I like to think they're copying the manga for two reasons:
1. To acknowledge and allude to Oh! great's original work (probably makes the fans of the manga happy too).
2. To acknowledge Oh! great's skill as a storyboarder. It's one of the things I really admire about his work. The storyline may be nothing out of the ordinary, but if Oh! great were involved with anime, he would make an excellent storyboarder: the "camera" angles he chooses and the transitions from panel to panel are wonderful. In a sense, his manga already sets the groundwork for storyboards. They readily lend themselves to direct translation into anime, which is why I think we do see evidence of "copying" in the anime. Apart from his storyboarding, Oh! great is of course a great artist. He's got the confidence in his skill to try to draw characters and things from a huge variety of angles. Perhaps this is part of the reason why his artwork sometimes seems inconsistent, but compare his work to someone like Akamatsu Ken (Love Hina). Note that Akamatsu almost always only draws his characters from three stock perspectives: front on, side on and 3/4. With Akamatsu's work, you rarely see the characters from any other angle. Oh! great's artwork is more powerful as a result, and makes it easier to apply it directly to the anime.
FuguTabetai wrote:Yep, volume 3, page 161. Sadly, I lost the XML file and other data files for only the last 2/3rds of that volume, so I can't go back and correct it. But I was totally wrong. Natsume Maya is right - I didn't know the guy was even called "Shiitake-sensei."

Thanks for the info Natsume Maya.
No worries :)
(BTW, note that the word "shiitake" in that line is rendered in katakana.)

It doesn't look like you'll be able to update your files, so it doesn't really matter anymore, but... I'd just point out that the cross does not naturally appear on shiitake mushrooms. However, because the shiitake mushrooms are thickest near the top, it is common to cut a cross on the top of the mushroom when cooking them - this helps cook the thick part. So the similarity is actually with shiitake mushrooms prepared for cooking :)
Natsume Danjou Maya.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

NatsumeMaya wrote:
It almost seems that way. I like to think they're copying the manga for two reasons:
1. To acknowledge and allude to Oh! great's original work (probably makes the fans of the manga happy too).
2. To acknowledge Oh! great's skill as a storyboarder. It's one of the things I really admire about his work. The storyline may be nothing out of the ordinary, but if Oh! great were involved with anime, he would make an excellent storyboarder: the "camera" angles he chooses and the transitions from panel to panel are wonderful. In a sense, his manga already sets the groundwork for storyboards. They readily lend themselves to direct translation into anime, which is why I think we do see evidence of "copying" in the anime. Apart from his storyboarding, Oh! great is of course a great artist. He's got the confidence in his skill to try to draw characters and things from a huge variety of angles. Perhaps this is part of the reason why his artwork sometimes seems inconsistent, but compare his work to someone like Akamatsu Ken (Love Hina). Note that Akamatsu almost always only draws his characters from three stock perspectives: front on, side on and 3/4. With Akamatsu's work, you rarely see the characters from any other angle. Oh! great's artwork is more powerful as a result, and makes it easier to apply it directly to the anime.

I'm going to have to disagree there. No, not with what you said about Oh! Great being a good artist. I just do not see the point of adapting almost verbatim a manga series into anime. Where's the point in telling the exact same story with the exact same characters in the exact same reference frames? It can get repetitive and tiresome (granted, they get to show off their animation skills and voice acting skills). In final comparison, either the anime or the manga will always fall short, and will always be said to 'suck', thereby hurting it's reputation. I've always thought that the anime story should differ from that of the manga, at least in the latter parts when the characters and storylines have more or less been established. That way, instead of being considered as clones, they can at least still be considered as separate works set in the same universe with the same characters (or different universe with the same characters). Complimentary stories, if you will.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

Agent_Wax wrote:I'm going to have to disagree there. No, not with what you said about Oh! Great being a good artist. I just do not see the point of adapting almost verbatim a manga series into anime. Where's the point in telling the exact same story with the exact same characters in the exact same reference frames? It can get repetitive and tiresome (granted, they get to show off their animation skills and voice acting skills). In final comparison, either the anime or the manga will always fall short, and will always be said to 'suck', thereby hurting it's reputation. I've always thought that the anime story should differ from that of the manga,
I agree with everything you've written there. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I was just trying to explain why I thought certain key scenes in the anime appear identical to the anime. Not whether I thought it was a good thing or not. To me, the layout and angles in the manga is good enough to use as the basis of a storyboard, and it looks like the animators have done that to an extent, whether because they're lazy or because they want to acknowledge the manga. Like you, I think an anime version should bring some different perspective, not simply be a moving manga with sound. I don't have a problem with them copying certain scenes because Oh! great's original version had a lot of impact, but too much copying will be overkill.
Natsume Danjou Maya.