Maya's figure O_o

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Sheky
Yuurei
Yuurei

Maya's figure O_o

Post by Sheky »

No, not her body, but the statue of her that came with issue 9. I see it being auctioned for 19000 Yen. That's like 171 USD! Sometimes even more. What does it do? Is it suppose to come to life in the middle of the night, cook for you, fix your chi imbalance, and then make sweet sweet love to you? That price is insane. It's a piece of plastic! Stop the insanity!

This makes me want to pick up a few Aya figures that is coming out so I could sell them...
shinta1868
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shinta1868 »

It went on ebay for $150,$255,$250 it's popular .I'm prepared to pay $225 for it if I get the chance.
Sheky
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sheky »

:shock: Oh dear god. I sure hope you have your Aya figure reserved so you don't have to do this again 6 months down the road. That's an obscene amount of money to spend on a figure that doesn't even have articulation.
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

Yeah, too bad I missed the pre-order at HLJ for the Aya figure. I went to bed at 5:30 am, and they still weren't accepting orders. Then 7 hours later when I woke up, they had stopped accepting while I was slumbering :(
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Mellow, theres tons of places you can still get the Aya figure with volume 12. Search the forum, Theres tons of posts If you still want one. BTW does anyone know who is going to be on the cover. I think this volume should have had Masataka on the cover, since he did more in the volume than in Vol. 11. I would like to see Double Impact himself (Tawara) get on a cover before the series ends, this would be a good chance. I hope it won't be something lame like someone form the "F" or someone who was already on.
shinta1868
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shinta1868 »

I already got my Aya figure I got it that same week it came out ,the problem with Ten Ten is I didnt start reading the manga till book 10 was out so I missed it then when I saw it on the bay I bid $100 then it went to $150 and I said I wouldnt pay that much "Stupid man".I only started reading it in Jan/Feb of 04 cause I read ppl talking about it on a mess boards so I decide to check it out.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I just have to say that as the recipient of about $170 or so for when I auctioned off my Maya, I was really happy to see that money. It took me and a friend out to a nice dinner, and has helped out a few open source projects around town as well (BitTorrent, Azureus have both gotten donations from me from that money.)

It was doubly nice because that is the only thing I've ever gotten back from all the TJTG stuff I've done over the years.

I haven't ordered vol. 12, but I will look into it next time I'm at Kinokunia.

fugu
Sheky
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sheky »

Mellow Yellow wrote:Yeah, too bad I missed the pre-order at HLJ for the Aya figure. I went to bed at 5:30 am, and they still weren't accepting orders. Then 7 hours later when I woke up, they had stopped accepting while I was slumbering :(
They are taking preorders at amazon.co.jp. No need to stay up and wait. I'm thinking about getting one or two along with all the manga.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... 69-4684244
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Hm, is that with a credit card ?
And when I click 'display in english' it just stays in Japanese :?
shindo hikaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shindo hikaru »

whooaaa......... $225 just for an Aya figure?? :shock:
Sheky
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sheky »

Banorac wrote:Hm, is that with a credit card ?
And when I click 'display in english' it just stays in Japanese :?
Yeah, you need a credit card for Amazon. And when you click it, only parts of it turn into English , like the payment side etc. It's basically laid out indentically to amazon.com, so keep a window of that as reference and you'll order and you'll manage through amazon.co.jp just fine.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

One of these days somebody in Japan is going to figure out that English-reading fanboys are willing to throw money at them for cartoons and comics, and make changes to their web catalogues to reflect this. Simply having an English navigation interface and some kind of general genre info would probably get the job done.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

shindo hikaru wrote:whooaaa......... $225 just for an Aya figure?? :shock:
No, that's the Maya figure, the Aya figure is about 20-45 with volume 12 ....

Just so you know ... this one has a long way to go yet ^^

On a side note, you seem to like Hikaru No Go ... i've read a part of the first volume, doesn't seem all that interesting, mistake me if I'm wrong, but it felt like Pok
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Don't be embrassed, I for one purchased the XenoSaga preimum pack with the Kos-Mos figure.

Now she sleeps with me.
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

So this is your bedroom ?
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

So, is there a reason why there is a box of tissue? *Snicker*

Btw, Kos-Mos says, you just offended her :p
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Nice dolly, don't know her/it :?
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Kos-Mos, the galaxy's deadliest weapon :)

http://www.namco-ch.net/xenosaga2/chrs/kos-mos.html

http://www.namco-ch.net/xenosaga2/sw/img/04.jpg

... After Kos-Mos blasts an ally off to the far reaches of the galaxy...

Shion "Have you no conscious, how could you do such a thing"

Kos-Mos "I am a weapon, not human, as my creator, you should know this best. Besides, the escape pod can only hold two persons, it was clear who had the priority"