Tenjo Tenge would fit perfectly with the Guilty Gear engine

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Slateboard
Yuurei
Yuurei

Tenjo Tenge would fit perfectly with the Guilty Gear engine

Post by Slateboard »

...But that's just my opinion.
pure
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by pure »

for a 2D game, i would have to agree. however, i've always felt the soul calibur 2 engine, and the 8 way run present within, is perfect for anime inspired video games. the over the top throws, the parry/ countering system, and the overall flow of the game lends itself well to an action packed experience with enough depth that an expert can always get better while a beginner can also pick up a controller and have a good time.

the game can move damn fast based on the skill of the players, just imagining the engine tweaked to account for the hand-to-hand aspects of tenten and nagi with his dragon gate opened fighting mataza in a fully 3D wilderness, both constantly parrying the others attacks until nagi sidesteps and punches mataza into a tree is exciting to me.
Slateboard
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slateboard »

Soul Calibur is good too. I was referring to the flashy nature of both TJTG and GG.

To me, 3D games are never as flashy as 2D, and can't really seem to get that anime feel (though Soul Calibur's so much fun, you don't care).
Slateboard
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slateboard »

...Also, Sol Badguy reminds me of Mitsoumi.

Mainly because Sol has a move where he powers up for a limited amount of time, but then becomes vulnerable once the power up ends.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Super Street Fighter II Turbo expresses the greatest achievement in video gaming. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.

Of course, this is a completely separate topic for me, but I did have to get my opinion out.

3d is about 1d too many for me. I get lost.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

FuguTabetai wrote:Super Street Fighter II Turbo expresses the greatest achievement in video gaming. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.
Surely you agree that engines could be improved upon?
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

just wanna say that chip is awsome :lol:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

TakCWAL wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:Super Street Fighter II Turbo expresses the greatest achievement in video gaming. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.
Surely you agree that engines could be improved upon?
Nope, that game is the Apex. The only thing that could be done to improve it is the removal of Akuma, otherwise it is great. (There are possible questions about Balrog being overpowered, but this isn't alt.games.sf2 so I won't go into it.)

Honestly, it is just more like I haven't played any games since then. Nostalgia setting in in my old age I guess. :)
Slateboard
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slateboard »

Bunshichi = Slayer
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

FuguTabetai wrote:Nope, that game is the Apex. The only thing that could be done to improve it is the removal of Akuma, otherwise it is great. (There are possible questions about Balrog being overpowered, but this isn't alt.games.sf2 so I won't go into it.)

Honestly, it is just more like I haven't played any games since then. Nostalgia setting in in my old age I guess. :)
:lol: I know what you mean. But I do think that the original Street Fighter Alpha was a good adaptation of it for the next generation, regardless of where the story has been taken. Btw, Akuma was in Super Street II Fighter Turbo?
Slateboard
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slateboard »

He was a hidden character.

Personally my favorite Street Fighter Game is Street Fighter Alpha 3.

I rate the different games/engines like this.

Street Fighter Alpha
Guilty Gear
Marvel Super Hereos (engine) (The engine later became known as the Versus engine, but isn't used in the Capcom vs. SNK games)
Super Street Fighter Turbo
Killer Instinct
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

WEll Soul Calibur has 3D graphics, but isn't exactly 3D fighter. What I mean is, you only move back/forward, left/right, you can jump and duck, but it isn't recommended, so tenjo tenje wouldn't too bad on their engine, actually.
TopHat
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by TopHat »

If one had to adapt TT to a 3d fighter, my bet would have been on Rival Schools Project Justice... it's more like a 2d fighter in the way it's engine functions and has more attack buttons than the average 3d fighter (punchkickblockthrow? - please!)... If only it were faster. Project Justice is like fighting in slow motion compared to GGXX, much as I hate to say it. :/
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Rival Schools... That's pretty much like tenTen already, if you ask me. The students, the teachers--almost like Toudou Gakuen.