Maya figure on eBay

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

shinta1868
Yuurei
Yuurei

Maya figure on eBay

Post by shinta1868 »

Hey I was on the bay and saw this

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... eName=WD1V

I doubt it's real but some pple dont care.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

This is almost certainly just the figure recast in china/hong kong from the Japanese original. These tyically come unassembled and might be unpainted.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

FuguTabetai wrote:This is almost certainly just the figure recast in china/hong kong from the Japanese original. These tyically come unassembled and might be unpainted.
ALITY MODEL IS MY PRIORITY
THIS KIT IS UNPAINTED AND UNASSEMBLED.

This Item is high quality and high details resin recast kit.
Yup, I once asked a guy who makes those things how he did it ...

And it's hard ... Too hard for me, the resin kit alone cotst much and all the material you need even more ... That's prolly why assembled and painted statues cost so much :?
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

FuguTabetai wrote:This is almost certainly just the figure recast in china/hong kong from the Japanese original. These tyically come unassembled and might be unpainted.
Are you suggesting that the figure is unlicensed or a bootleg? To the extent that you are, I would disagree. Sure, it's possible that it's unlicensed. But IIRC after the sale of volume 9 with the completed figure, a (licensed) unassembled/unpainted kit of the figure was released in Japan, so there's no reason why the particular item couldn't be a legitimate kit from Japan.

BTW, note that nowadays it's pretty standard for Japanese figures to be manufactured in China due to the much lower costs. I would think the original completed Maya figure was manufactured in China as well.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Natsume Maya wrote:
Are you suggesting that the figure is unlicensed or a bootleg?
I suspect it is unlicensed. I have not spent any time looking to see if official kits are available in Japan, but these were released as Special Editions. I haven't seen anything advertising re-releases of just the model kits.
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

Thailand=recast and unlicenced
Alot of ppl say that Thailand casts are made from cold cast or low grade resin compared to the original, white resin japanese kits. Nontheless, I still bought of of these recasts from eBay, but by looking at the feedback from the guy I bought it off of, it won't be here for another month :( I can't wait forever for E2046 or Hobbyfan to recast it in higher quality, I just gotta have it either way :D