How about a big round of applause for Ki Shodar

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

How about a big round of applause for Ki Shodar

Post by FuguTabetai »

I just wanted to publicly thank Ki Shodar for all the work on the image edits he's done on volume 8+ (I think that is when he started) - it has really made the translations I put out look 1000x better.

I think I burned him out though, so chapters 70-74 will just by done via GMAO without any image editing, unless someone else wants to step up to the plate.

Thanks for all the great work, Ki.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Poor guy, burnt down from working for a horde of crazy Ten Ten fans :shock:

So, he editted the images huh ? In what way ?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

ThanX Ki for all your hard work. The layouts look great.
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Thanks

Post by hitori »

Thanks KS!
We who about to download your awesome works, salute you.
Spike
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Spike »

THANX KS!!! :P

ps: Where can i download the chapter???? :oops:

edit: you can download it here http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/zips/t ... 69.torrent
Last edited by Spike on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Thanks man! Thanks for the job well done.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Go Ki! You can do it no one can! Woooooooot!
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Banorac wrote:So, he editted the images huh ? In what way ?
In cases where there is Japanese text on some background that isn't just a solid color, he removed the text by drawing in the background, often redrawing amazingly complex scenes... The page where, for example, Nagi's body is flying all apart from his fight with Mataza Tsumuji - the edit Ki does has no text on it, and looks great. Then I have GMAO use that to put text over the background where the Japanese text was.

You'll see in chapters 70-74 what my translations look like without his edits (or volumes 1-7.)
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

Thanks Ki Shodar, you're t3h edit0rz. I'm a mere leecher, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart :D
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Yuurei

Post by hitori »

Why is Ki_Shodar a Yuurei?

He deserves to be a Senpai!! 8)
You should upgrade him, Fugu.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Yuurei

Post by FuguTabetai »

hitori wrote:Why is Ki_Shodar a Yuurei?

He deserves to be a Senpai!! 8)
You should upgrade him, Fugu.
He just never posts... I don't even know if he reads the forum! But you are right. An upgrade is in order.

Done, and done. But nobody will see unless he posts.

By the way, I have had rank images for "doushi" and the other ranks as well - they might not have been showing up. They should now. (But I still don't have a pretty calligraphy kanji font. Does anyone know of one that is publically available?)
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

YaY for Ki Shodar!! Man, you rule. Some edits are really impressive.
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

As always much chears to Ki Shodar! He will be missed... :cry:
I would love to have skills any where near his when it comes to editing. I could try and edit some of the images for you Fugu, but it just wouldn't be the same... :cry:
If you want I'll give it a try. We definitly don't need you burning out next! ^_^
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

thanks for the good work Ki
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Banorac wrote:So, he editted the images huh ? In what way ?
In cases where there is Japanese text on some background that isn't just a solid color, he removed the text by drawing in the background, often redrawing amazingly complex scenes... The page where, for example, Nagi's body is flying all apart from his fight with Mataza Tsumuji - the edit Ki does has no text on it, and looks great. Then I have GMAO use that to put text over the background where the Japanese text was.

You'll see in chapters 70-74 what my translations look like without his edits (or volumes 1-7.)
:shock: WWoah, that's great what he did !!! I allways wondered how you (plural) pulled that off :)
Enforcer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Enforcer »

some excellent work indeed...
thanks for all the amazing work
MDVega
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by MDVega »

Fugu - I'll offer to take over the editing. I'm strong in Photoshop, and well versed in pattern-fixing using the Clone tool. I'm rock-solid with English grammar & spelling, too.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MDVega wrote:Fugu - I'll offer to take over the editing. I'm strong in Photoshop, and well versed in pattern-fixing using the Clone tool. I'm rock-solid with English grammar & spelling, too.
If you want that is great - I don't use editors in the tradiational sense though. I use GMAO to edit in text (http://FuguTabetai.com/software/GMAO/) and only need editors to edit out Japanese text that is over a non-uniform background. Take a look at chapters 70-74, and you can see where I just write over existing Japanese text. I could use someone to make those same images without the Japanese text. But I don't really need it - I "edit" those images at the same speed as I translate, and I am happy releasing stuff like that.

If you want to help make things look better (especially the dual page spreads which I don't put too much effort into) that's cool. If you want to go back and edit out some text from certain pages in 70-74, let me know. I have higher resolution images you can work from.

cheers,

fugu
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MDVega wrote:Fugu - I'll offer to take over the editing. I'm strong in Photoshop, and well versed in pattern-fixing using the Clone tool. I'm rock-solid with English grammar & spelling, too.
Er, also just to point out that I'm a native English speaker - any issues with Grammar / spelling that are in any of my translations should be taken up with the State of New Jersey (and California to a lesser extent) public schooling.
(Just in case that was a subtle hint that the English in my translations suck ass.)
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by User151 »

For Ki Shodar

Thank you very much for those images. i 've seen some of the images that hav text on the back ground, i thought Fugu did all the hard work. But now i know u did it, great work man.. it's just superb. :wink:
It is a good day to die
By the way, Maya is my heroine
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

Ki man, if you ever read this thread then awesome job!

Without you, us (leeching) tenten fans wouldn't have such excellent scans of the manga. :D

Keep up the great work dude!
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Domo arigatou gozaimasu.