questions b4 i read

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

suzette
Yuurei
Yuurei

questions b4 i read

Post by suzette »

I've been watching the anime, and am currently dling all 11 vol. of the manga so I haven't started reading yet. But I'm wondering, is Masataka narrating all this :?: Just like in the 1st ep. :?: And also, I forget which episode, but it was when Nagi and Bob joined Maya's club, Masataka said, 'that was the day the strongest member of the Jyuukenbu club was born.' If that's so, then wouldn't that mean that this has all already passed :?: :shock: Or was the narrating thing just an anime adaptation :?
TopHat
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by TopHat »

Masataka is the narrator, and yeah, that means it's all come to pass already - though you never know if at a certain point we'll 'catch up' to him and he'll no longer be telling the story.
suzette
Yuurei
Yuurei

i c

Post by suzette »

oooooh! Ok thanx! :P
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

also, for the sake of the anime the director/producers/whoever might take a slightly different route than the manga. i.e. Nagi being the "main" character in the anime while in the manga it's a very diverse group w/ no "main" character per se.

If you like the anime, you'll definitely love the manga. :D
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Actually, I have the impression that Masataka is simply just a dominant narrator. Some other parts seem to be narrated by other characters--such as during the past arc or probably during anything related to F. The ambiguity makes it more open for the reader to determine the story's voice for him/herself. For instance, who's narrating the past arc? Masataka, Bunshichi, or Maya? Mana perhaps?

Furthermore, the manga isn't just limited to straight narration. Some of them are just musings or comments from certain characters.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

There are multiple narrators throughout the manga. Masataka starts off, but Bunshichi narrates the entire past arc, if we are to believe how they set that up. (Of course, other people within the past arc become narrators then too, supposedly while Bunshichi is still telling the tale... Quite interesting really.)

This leads to one of my favorite images in the manga: Nagi and Bob on the subway reading Ultra Jump about the past arc! heh.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

wasn't there also an scene where bob, nagi, and chaki are reading a ultra jump in the middle of Bunshichi telling the past? Or is that the same scene you're talking about fugu?
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by User151 »

Yeah I like that scene also. Their faces were something like that's bullshit man. :lol:
It is a good day to die
By the way, Maya is my heroine
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

yes.. this is it: