Looks like DC licensed Tenjo Tenge.

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

EyeCon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by EyeCon »

mannnn this is super sad , im outside the US country and yall know aint no way in hell i'll get to read the manga ever. ever .

someone please hook me up with a solution or Fugi himself can u please ignore the license thinggy ? hell, i know i sound super selfish but i know loads of the fans out there feel the same.

but say if you cant afford to do that, still loads of thanx to Fugu fer a tremendous job on translating & web hosting the manga. and yea, fer introducing me such a nice manga & mangaka .

R e g a r d s .
KnuckleBomb!
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by KnuckleBomb! »

Whoever started this topic needs to be annihilated. we could still be reading TJTG if u hadn't said anything!!

I'm half joking half serious....
GGerena
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by GGerena »

EyeCon wrote:mannnn this is super sad , im outside the US country and yall know aint no way in hell i'll get to read the manga ever. ever .

someone please hook me up with a solution or Fugu himself can u please ignore the license thinggy ? hell, i know i sound super selfish but i know loads of the fans out there feel the same.

but say if you cant afford to do that, still loads of thanx to Fugu fer a tremendous job on translating & web hosting the manga. and yea, fer introducing me such a nice manga & mangaka .

R e g a r d s .
same here... I don`t have any other way to read manga but by downloading form the internet :(

thank u so much fugu, for translating the best manga ever! :D
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

KnuckleBomb! wrote:Whoever started this topic needs to be annihilated. we could still be reading TJTG if u hadn't said anything!!

I'm half joking half serious....
Now now fellas, lets play nice :D . Plus, fugu would have gotten wind of this sooner or later. Im a just happy with just scripts. I feel bad for you folks in other Counties who have no way of aquiring Tenten, Maybe someone will put some raws on the Winny (whatever that hell that is) or jojohot will keep scanning raws. if you really need it, now would be a good time to Pimp this series around to other groups. Good luck finding a taker though not afraid of Lawsuit :? .Wow, this news is really devistating, even the guys over @ animeonDVD forum are a loss for words.
v(^o^)v
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by v(^o^)v »

FuguTabetai wrote:I will remove my torrents from the web - since DC has posted their press release, I'll do it pretty soon - early next week probably.
:shock:
i hope i could finish DLing vol 1-10 before master fugu remove it..
its really hard to DL large file using dialup connection :cry:

i already DL 67% of it...

**bad english** :oops:
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

To the people who say that internet is the only possible source for TJTG:
I live in Poland where it's not that easy to get the all mangas I want (so i mostly use Internet+buy some of the few Polish releases we get), BUT I just pre-ordered vol12 from Japan and I'm going to buy other volumes this July(and start learnin' Japanese soon). There are many e-shops where you can order either the japanese original or one of the many released versions (German, French and I think there's Italian verion too)+Fugu said that he'll still be providing us with English HTML translations 4 the raws which'll be still available here and there(it's less convenient than edited images, but at least you'll have it translated). Saying that you can't get TJTG in any other means is just being lazy.

Oh...well said Agent Wax.
Censorship and Political Corectness should be buried ina deep grave. :twisted:
Last edited by Dembol on Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanathos
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Thanathos »

EyeCon wrote:mannnn this is super sad , im outside the US country and yall know aint no way in hell i'll get to read the manga ever. ever .
someone please hook me up with a solution or Fugi himself can u please ignore the license thinggy ? hell, i know i sound super selfish but i know loads of the fans out there feel the same.
R e g a r d s .
AMEN!!, i live outside of us too, and when i told ALL my friends that they must read TJTG, well, let's say that i ad a bunch of people asking when was the new release...

but ...well, it's not the first time that a manga that i like was licensed and it's probably never came to my country in a good price to a poor student. hell i hate the tax on books !!!!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

R e g a r d s .
Sorry, it is licensed in my country now, and I support companies that bring over manga that I like. If it isn't available in your country, that is unfortunate, but that's life.
co0l
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by co0l »

huh? I thought TT was upcoming but NOT licensed by DC yet??? If you read it from the dc comics website, they just said they're going to release madara, Mekakushi no Kuni, and Eroika whatever, not TT yet... it's supposedly forthcoming but pfffffft
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

co0l wrote:huh? I thought TT was upcoming but NOT licensed by DC yet??? If you read it from the dc comics website, they just said they're going to release madara, Mekakushi no Kuni, and Eroika whatever, not TT yet... it's supposedly forthcoming but pfffffft
It is licensed. They own the copyright in America now.
Nicholai
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nicholai »

FuguTabetai wrote:Sorry, it is licensed in my country now, and I support companies that bring over manga that I like.
You're a great man for translating TT for us and all, but you fucking suck if thats your reason for not putting the scanlations up anymore.

Hey someone call up the people who translates Naruto and tell them about Tenjo Tenge cuz this is some bullshit.

Naw I'm jus playing about that last part... unless someone was gonna do it.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Nicholai wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:Sorry, it is licensed in my country now, and I support companies that bring over manga that I like.
You're a great man for translating TT for us and all, but you fucking suck if thats your reason for not putting the scanlations up anymore.

Hey someone call up the people who translates Naruto and tell them about Tenjo Tenge cuz this is some bullshit.

Naw I'm jus playing about that last part... unless someone was gonna do it.
Why? It is clearly illegal, and I run the risk of being sued. For a hobby. I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all. I am leaving up text translations, so anyone that legally acquires the manga can understand what is going on.

Can you provide some valid argument other than "... cuz this is some bullshit"?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Hey, not wanting to adding more gasoline to this but I got to say. Fugu doesn't have to translate A DAM THING. He's not obligated to anyone of us at all. He did this as a hobby and now it's over. Just like GTO, what did you expect him to do, keep translating till he was sued By DC or end up sharing a jail cell with some guy named Bubba. This is BS, you act as if he was getting paid to do this or made some kind of commitment.
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

thats rite fugu is not to blame here just DC :P
MugenRacer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by MugenRacer »

It's all good either way. Fugu has translated alot for people and he doesnt want anything in return since thats a hobby of his. Putting up scanlations for fans isnt one of his hobbies though. Why should he risk being sued so that we can get the scanlations? If you were in his same positon, you would do exactly the same thing. Atleast Fugu is willing to put up text translations still, you should be greatful.

Thanks Fugu for the hard effort put into translation this manga.
Ikari
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ikari »

Sigh, those of you who complain are a bunch of pathetic pieces of garbage. I hope you all win a darwin award.

Thanks to Fugu most of us got to know the manga and he's been translating it pretty fast, so we should be thankful. I mean we have all the chapters translated, what more could you want? So why don't you all stop complaining why stop and so on? The manga is licensed and a legal English release will be available eventually.

People are already whining about editing and how the manga will get butchered. How about instead of whining and bitching on the forum, write an email to the licensor not to edit it?

Well, if Fugu will keep translating and putting scripts online, I don't see how the license affects us? With a little luck you can find the raws online and it's not hard or you can order the manga online. Ultrajump may be a little harder to be bought online but I've seen stores that carry it, only shipping might be a bit expensive. All that happened is that people lost a convenient way to get the manga translated and are too lazy to work a bit to get it or spend money. If you are a true fan, you won't mind.

And why blame DC comics? They are a company, they see profit in the series. I really don't see what the hell they did wrong, anyone care to explain? They didn't even release the first volume yet.

For those of you who plan to release Tenjou Tenge after it got licensed because you claim to be "fans", I can say only one thing: FUCK YOU.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Dang...

All I can say is "Wow".
Some people take Fugu's reaction to the licensing personally.
As long as the forum stays up so ungreatful people can bitch about the manga, I think I can live without fugu's translations. Besides he's still keeping up the text translations so you guys are lazy if you have to have them on the same paper as the art and you can always get the art somewhere else. All I care about is talking about the manga in the forum really.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

First off, thanks for the translations Fugu. I'm not mad or anything its just that I don't trust DC not leave tenjo tenge unedited and with decent translations. DC is a big corporation and they'll do what makes the most profit and frankly in order to get a large following for tenjo tenge it has to be edited to be able to reach a large audience. Plus if you read that press release take notice of the part where DC rep. mentions women getting into manga and their looking to market in that area. That gives me a baadddd feeling.
buzz23
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by buzz23 »

well thx fugu for your work it's a shame you decided to quit it
i really hope that someone will pick up the project and translate it like some ppl did with other manga licensed in us ,
I think it's really probable since TjTg is popular ,
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

buzz23 wrote:i really hope that someone will pick up the project and translate it like some ppl did with other manga licensed in us
I am going to continue translating Tenjo Tenge. I am not going to release "scanlations" though.
buzz23
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by buzz23 »

i know that i'm not blind :)
will you have something against using your translations for some scanlations ? if theese scnalations wouldn't be released in us or on us sites ?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

buzz23 wrote:i know that i'm not blind :)
will you have something against using your translations for some scanlations ? if theese scnalations wouldn't be released in us or on us sites ?
Yes, I would be opposed to it because people in the US would likely get ahold of your image edits. But I'm not the boss of you. I understand that once I put my translation up on the web, what happens with it is realistically beyond my control.
Nobody1898
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nobody1898 »

I want to cry DC will take forever to get back to the point we are at.
Another one of my favorite mangas stolen from me then sold back in worse condition. :(
buzz23
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by buzz23 »

hey i'm not that kind of person
simply if you won't someone else will do it of course using your translation would safe a lot of work but no means no in mu language at least
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

EliteF22 wrote: Plus if you read that press release take notice of the part where DC rep. mentions women getting into manga and their looking to market in that area. That gives me a baadddd feeling.
I think it depends on the indiviual person incharge and area of target. While most obvious group to target would be young males, plenty of ladies out there have no problem with Tenten in it's current format. I hear the female fan base in Japan is huge. Not to mention the cosplay. Of course if you are aiming towards a Extreme Feminist group, yeah things are going to get cut. There use to be a girl on this forum who didn't mind it as much, I think it was Rain Cassady or something (before my time). Im not sure how ladies in the US will take to Ten Ten. I dont think TenTen demeans any groups, but some will find something wrong that doesn't adhear to thier standards.
Last edited by pv82 on Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

Yeah, thats lame. Naked cartoon boobs!! OMG stop the presses!!! Sometimes the world pisses me off :evil:
ScarLet
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ScarLet »

hi there. this is my first post but i've been reading the forum for a while now. DC's licensing of TenTen is sad news for us fans. but since there wont be anymore scans here anymore, im just wondering where can the raws be found? or maybe u can post up downloads of raws here and u already have the translations. i dont think they can sue u for posting out raws and translations
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

OK, this may be a bit of a long shot, and I haven't thought things out fully yet. But I may be willing to help anyone who can't buy manga where they live. Send me the money, by postal order, probably, and I can get you the chinese editions. I can probably get Japanese versions for you too, but they'll cost more and there is really no difference if you can't read either language. You need to make sure the books can be shipped by mail to wherever you live, and will not get seized by customs or whatever. I'll charge the shipping (most probably registered mail) and book cost, at no profit to myself.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

I suppose that most of the people in this forum aren't familiar with the kind of stuff that Vertigo Comics (a spinoff of DC) put out. It's entirely possible that there will be little to no censorship of the artwork, little to no censorship of the dialogue, and there is a remote possibility of competant translations (especially if they check it against the free script that Fugu has been so kind as to provide them with).
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Ikari wrote:
People are already whining about editing and how the manga will get butchered. How about instead of whining and bitching on the forum, write an email to the licensor not to edit it?
I see this a lot online. The reality is it almost never works. EVERYBODY knows fans prefer their manga intact. But Tokyopop still releases rewritten filth and Dark Horse still edits their manga. If their executives believe that edited or rewritten versions make more money and dodges more bad press, that's what they'll go with, artistic integrity be damned. I don't think DC did anything wrong either. I'm just lamenting the fact that their release will most probably be butchered. I hope I'm wrong, but experience teaches more than optimism, buddy.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

burrowowl wrote:
suppose that most of the people in this forum aren't familiar with the kind of stuff that Vertigo Comics (a spinoff of DC) put out. It's entirely possible that there will be little to no censorship of the artwork, little to no censorship of the dialogue, and there is a remote possibility of competant translations (especially if they check it against the free script that Fugu has been so kind as to provide them with).
Refer to my previous post. Vertigo comics are still much tamer than most seinen manga.

One of the reasons why I find Fugu's work so enjoyable to read is that he makes the effort to 'sweeten' the direct translations. They're faithful to the original text, but read smoothly and naturally, something which I find lacking in many other fan translations. Maybe DC will give Fugu a job?
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

Fugu, thank you for your decision to stop scanlating Tenjou Tenge in the light of DC's license. Your principled approach is part of the reason why this is the only fansub/manga scanlation forum I now visit (another reason being this is the Tenjou Tenge forum :) ). Other sites often just make me angry.

I'd like to think that DC's decision to license the manga is in part due to your translations spreading awareness of the manga (even if your own reasons for translating are personal).

As to whether there'll be any editing, since DC is just starting out in this line, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until it is proven otherwise. Except... I wonder if they'll edit the illustration where Masataka wears his "Fuck Bush" jacket :)
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

DC sucks. Why should a company that has created figures like Superman be able to translate something where you actually need a brain to understand?

If they're clever, they'd just ask Fugu if they could use his translation for the official manga, I don't think they will get it done better.

Anyway, it's a sad thing. I downloaded the scanlations because I like having my favourite manga on my pc, besides having it in my bookshelf... too bad that the German translators are *really* slow, I hope volume 11 will be released this year.

I highly doubt that DC will be able to produce something decent there - they want to earn money, they won't care if the manga will suffer under their efforts.

@Natsume Maya:
Well, if they don't edit out that jacket, I will eat a broom. Official translators tend to edit everything that doesn't seem to be mass-market-compliant, or even offensive. I wonder if you'll ever see a single panty-shot or nipple in DC's translation at all.
Bomb me, please.
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by User151 »

This is sad. I was hoping for ch75 and UJ special. :(

But good decision Fugu. I really liked your idea of "Support the Artist, Buy the Manga" when I first visited your site. I guess I'll hav to find ways to get the Manga in my country and start learning Japanese. But it's really going to be very hard compare to the scanlations that you hav provided. But I'm really grateful for everything that you've done.

I hope these ppl don't go the length to stop u from even doing the text translations. Like you said, these text translations will help ppl who own the original manga. Well, should these guys really go to these lengths, I'd just like to say "F**K YOU, BASTARDS"....

So far, for now, they own it and they hav the right to stop these scanlations. So what's the point of bitching about it.

And for ppl who can't agree with Fugu decision, consider this. "You spent 10 hours downloading the manga and then someone just delete that in an instant. How would you feel? Of course, if it's me, I'll just kill him. But we hav to remember that the artist spend hours, days and nights to *make* this manga. And it'll be really sad if he doesn't get anything for his work. Even if he doesn't get all the money from the sales, he'd be getting something reasonable for his work. If you guys still can't accept this, well, shame on you.

Well, for me now, I'll hav to find ways to get the Manga here and good luck to ppl who can't get the original manga in their country but trying to get it from else where.

Cheers.
It is a good day to die
By the way, Maya is my heroine
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Isuzu wrote:@Natsume Maya:
Well, if they don't edit out that jacket, I will eat a broom. Official translators tend to edit everything that doesn't seem to be mass-market-compliant, or even offensive. I wonder if you'll ever see a single panty-shot or nipple in DC's translation at all.
Now why do you say that DC would be thinking about editing that thing about Bush? Surely, with all the criticism going around in the present (and since presidential elections are getting close), such a thing would be considered minor. Really now--if they're that conscious about it, well, it's quite sad.

And just like Natsume Maya said, DC is a new entree into the manga scene. All this apprehension and whining among us is partially due to that fact. We just can't tell how they'll handle something like TenTen and based on the comparisons we have, it does seem like the results will be unacceptable. Since manga is still a niche within the American market such apprehension is only to be expected among certain fans.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, and just like some people, I might have some problems getting the originals. Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust ordering online. Hmmm. I guess I better check out that store I skipped a long time ago and acquire some "user-friendly" connections again. DC's releases wouldn't be a problem though.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Will volume 12 still be 'scanlated' by Fufu, or just 'translated' ?

Either way is fine for me, since I'm ordering volume 12 in Japanese anyway, I want that figurine !!!

Anyway, Thanks for the hard work Fugu :wink:
Everon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Everon »

Ek, that guy Nicholai seriously pisses me off. People acting like these translations by Fugu are something they deserved! Bah!

Now that I got that off my chest. I really hope that CMX gives TenTen the translation that it deserves. I hope they don't try and advertise this as a "Manga for Kiddies!" cause that means they're editing everything out. At best they would leave it as is, but I've got a feeling that were gonna see some airbrushed images here and there.

Fugu, you are the greatest. I hope you continue to keep translating this manga, cause there are plenty of cultural elements that I'm sure CMX won't be able to convey.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Banorac wrote:Will volume 12 still be 'scanlated' by Fufu, or just 'translated' ?
I've already translated all the chapters that are currently out in Japan. I will not re-scan anything from vol. 12 (the differences are minor) but I suspect someone will scan in the cool color insert and table of contents, then we can throw them up in the image gallery.

Natsume Maya: I wrote at length earlier about why I started translating TJTG, mostly just because I like it, I want to do some translation every day, and to help people learn Japanese. But I really do want to support commercial enterprises that import and translate manga.

I just released chapter 75 raws + my translations in a format where they popup when you put your mouse over the japanese text. These are easy enough that even haters can use to get the story, but I really think that there is a value-added factor for DC to provide translated manga you can just look at. So, while I'm a little unsure if releasing the JavaScript pop-ups is going too far, I can convince myself that it doesn't bite into DC's sales. There is just an issue of convenience difference between the JavaScript and having just a large HTML script that you have to match up manually.

I also hope the DC does a good job, and will buy the first few volumes (if I am still in the states when they come out) to see what it looks like. I would be happy for them to use my translations, but I would hope that they have a staff translator to pick up / fix some of the things that I missed. (Like the whole "the only things I can't beat are a crying kid, those breasts, and [the English teacher] Shiitake" thing a while back. Thanks again to Natsume Maya.)

Anyway, that's about what I have to say about that.
buzz23
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by buzz23 »

edit ok found ch 75 but why do you kepp a dead link on the main site?

And after that think ppl before you critize someone who want's to read tjtg scanlations and want;s other ppl to do it and support them , it's not like you have the right to do that so don't go " kill anybody who wanst to continue scanlations and not support american comapny "
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

buzz23 wrote:edit ok found ch 75 but why do you kepp a dead link on the main site?

Because I didn't know it was dead.
buzz23 wrote: And after that think ppl before you critize someone who want's to read tjtg scanlations and want;s other ppl to do it and support them , it's not like you have the right to do that so don't go " kill anybody who wanst to continue scanlations and not support american comapny "
Nobody except for official licensees of Tenjo Tenge have any right to do anything with Tenjo Tenge - in fact, doing anything with it is illegal. I would argue that it is unethical as well, if there is a company that is bringing it out in your country. I think just providing translations is, while on the debateable side, still acceptable because there is a value-added position the company can bring to the table.
Kagami
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Kagami »

I registered here so I could say 'thank you', Fugu, for everything you've shared with us. In addition, the fact that you're still releasing translations even at some valid risk from DC legal action towards yourself is something really impressive.

Having said that, I hope that CMX Comics does a good enough job with Tenjo Tenge that we all think that it's worth buying.

And I'd like to remind everyone opposed to the current switch that what Fugu is doing and has done, is more than any of us who just download the scanlations really deserve. You really don't have a right to complain about his decision(although I'm sure many will exercise their right to argue).

My 2 cents. The pennies are golden, though! Really!
EyeCon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by EyeCon »

after all i did give the credits to Fugu fer sharing & translating the mangas..and fuck you all back fer comin forth like a peace maker or somethin and dickridin Fugu, bullshittin like we dont have the right bla bla..what the fuck ? you should live in my country and try orderin from here, peep how the currency diffrence will knock yer stupid ass up . plus im just a student, where i'd get that kind of sum of money ?

i aint whinin or anything, but if u wanna talk all high & mighty, walk in my shoe first. the scanlation's stopped. it's all good, shit happens anyways, this aint the first time.

R e g a r d s .
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

My concern isn't with Fugu stopping, it's DC. I, for one, don't know the quality of their translations. And I hope they butcher some of the "imagery" in Jenjo Tenje.

And two, I'm not completely happy they did it, because I think they might put in a different book format.

Thanks for all your hard work, Fugu.

I, of course, will buy them, even though this might detract from the money I have set up for other manga...
Last edited by jacko on Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

FuguTabetai wrote:Natsume Maya: I wrote at length earlier about why I started translating TJTG, mostly just because I like it, I want to do some translation every day, and to help people learn Japanese. But I really do want to support commercial enterprises that import and translate manga.
Yep, I read what you wrote previously in this thread, and have read the stuff you've written in the past as to why you translate.
I just released chapter 75 raws + my translations in a format where they popup when you put your mouse over the japanese text. These are easy enough that even haters can use to get the story, but I really think that there is a value-added factor for DC to provide translated manga you can just look at. So, while I'm a little unsure if releasing the JavaScript pop-ups is going too far, I can convince myself that it doesn't bite into DC's sales. There is just an issue of convenience difference between the JavaScript and having just a large HTML script that you have to match up manually.
We differ there. To me, there's no real difference between providing a scanlation and providing a text translation if you also provide the images. Whomever downloads your work then has no real incentive to purchase the licensed product because they already have all they need: artwork and translation, even if using the javascript won't be as convenient has a printed comic.
I also hope the DC does a good job, and will buy the first few volumes (if I am still in the states when they come out) to see what it looks like.
I'll do the same, mainly just to support the English language version of TenTen :)
(Like the whole "the only things I can't beat are a crying kid, those breasts, and [the English teacher] Shiitake" thing a while back. Thanks again to Natsume Maya.)
I remember reading somewhere that Shiitake-sensei teaches martial arts history.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by User151 »

Hey you spoke very much like someone that i know and admire very much.

She was our manager and used to say u're the best and nothing but the best BUT shit happens... :lol:
It is a good day to die
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Natsume Maya wrote: We differ there. To me, there's no real difference between providing a scanlation and providing a text translation if you also provide the images. Whomever downloads your work then has no real incentive to purchase the licensed product because they already have all they need: artwork and translation, even if using the javascript won't be as convenient has a printed comic.
Yes I agree; I'm not decided on that issue yet really. I'm not sure if I will just put out a text translation, or if I will put these JavaScript things like I did with 75. I have to think about it for a while first.
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by User151 »

But these really helps us, students who live in a country that can't buy Ten Ten from the shelves of a store. Cos our bookshops or stores aren't allow to sell such books. It's a rule in our country.
It is a good day to die
Drian
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Drian »

I'm the next person who registered to post in this topic :D
So hi:D

I was stunned when i read that DC licensed it.
I live in Poland where it's immposible to have it published. My Japanese isn't good enough to make translations myself so i'm glad that Fugu keep going with it. :)

Thx Fugu for all your good work :!:
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

So, where can we got the other chapters of volume 12 ?
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

aren't they just putting them out as they go along in UJ?

You just gotta wait til someone on the IRC channel gets 'em I guess?