"Scanlations" removed, text translations made avai

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

"Scanlations" removed, text translations made avai

Post by FuguTabetai »

Since DC confirmed the previous press release, I've removed my "scanlations" from the site, and put up links to the text only translations. I haven't disallowed access to the tracker yet, but will do that in a few days.
imwin
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by imwin »

Waah, unauthorized translations are just as illegal as scanlations :(
Thanathos
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Thanathos »

imwin wrote:Waah, unauthorized translations are just as illegal as scanlations :(

.....SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

imwin wrote:Waah, unauthorized translations are just as illegal as scanlations :(
You'll notice that I posted exactly that in the "DC Licenses Tenjo Tenge" thread. Text-only HTML translations are derivative works, but very useful for people that have imported the manga, and do not cannabilize manga sales IMHO.
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

removed files from my mirror. It was good as long as it lasted.
Thanks for Fugu, Ki, Leo and everyone who made it possible till this point.
Musashi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Musashi »

Fugu,

Do you still intend to make text only translations of the later volumes as they're released? Although scanslations are generally easier to read, good text translations are almost as good. As I'm importing the manga at the moment and still intend to do so, I was just wondering if you were still going to be translating or if you're canning it altogether.

Cheers

EDIT:

Apologies, I notice you have already answered this question elsewhere. Just ignore me :oops:

While I'm at it I'd just like to say thanks for the superb job you've done to date with Ten Ten.
Last edited by Musashi on Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Mwah, licensing sucks, it'll be months until I will get the German translation of volume 11, not to mention how long it will be until newer chapters will be available... that was the first and foremost reason for me to download the scanlations, because I hate waiting months and months and months, just to get a manga where the translations seems to be quite far away from the original.

Anyway, thanks for the great scanlations here, what a pity that they can't be continued anymore. :(
Bomb me, please.
P_Amiel
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by P_Amiel »

I know this is going to be really random, but how can I view the Japanese text of these translations? I am using Windows XP Home Edition.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Make sure you can view Japanese text on your machine. The files are encoded in EUC_JP encoding. To make sure your computer can display Japanese, you should try to install it as a language in the "Regional Settings" control panel. I think.
Taurec
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Taurec »

Will you still be putting up some of the color pages ... for wallpaper use etc. ??

@P_Amiel install imei

Goto Regional and Language Options => Languages
select: Install files for East Asian Languages you need the XP CD to install the missing files ..

then Click Details.... and Add Japanese.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Taurec wrote:Will you still be putting up some of the color pages ... for wallpaper use etc. ??
No, I will keep the mangatranslation.com gallery as it is.
P_Amiel
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by P_Amiel »

Thanks Fugu and Taurec, that was exactly what I was looking for!