2 groups picked up TJTG ?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

2 groups picked up TJTG ?

Post by Fulsion »

Well, they've done a chapter 75 each (I haven't checked any of it since this comp doesn't have BT)

But one I saw from mirkx :

http://www.hentaisha.com/bytemonsoon/do ... file=Tenjo Tenge chapter 75[Evil Genius].zip.torrent

and from suprnova

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2 ... 75.torrent

BTW if I am breaking the rules by posting these, Fugu, feel free to take this msg down.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

http://forum.digitalpanic.net/viewtopic.php?t=2634

yea, I just caught this myself. I'm d/ling their version to see if they rip Fugu's translations or it's just their own. (don't worry, deleting it asap)

Still though, seems like they're translating mangas that have been dropped cause of licensing in the US. dunno man....
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

sorry for the double post, but yea... just read through their version of TT chap 75.

I'll have to say if you want to be illegal and continue to enjoy TT free, go to them you ILLEGAL WHORES! :P They do one hellva clean up job on the text and images (much like Ki did for Fugu) except their quality (res size) isn't as high. If they're using UJ raws, which is the only possibility right(?), you wouldn't know. Also, I'm going to say their translations are their own and not like, a straight rip from Fugu's as there were changes "here" and "there" to make the dialogue better(?) to understand.
P_Amiel
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by P_Amiel »

Geez, that was quick. Too bad I just started ordering some of the Japanese manga. =P

It's probably a bit early to tell, but for those who have checked out the new translations, who does a better job: Evil Genius or Manga-Heaven? [/i]

EDIT: BTW, for anyone who is interested, Volumes 1-7 of Tenjo Tenge happen to be up on eBay.com right now, along with two hot TenTen anime poster (one of them is currently up to $17 with 5 days still left in the auction!).
Saito
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Saito »

Evil_Genius also does Berserk and Fullmetal Alchemist
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Evil Genius has some big cojones or must be bullet proof, to not fear the wrath of of Lawsuits. I wonder if they are located in US, Most guys who do not fear Lawsuits are people who US can't touch. Example: The guy who invented DVD ripping. I think the MPAA tried to sue him and almost got him, but he was in Norway or something. He was untouchable.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pv82 wrote:Evil Genius has some big cojones or must be bullet proof, to not fear the wrath of of Lawsuits. I wonder if they are located in US, Most guys who do not fear Lawsuits are people who US can't touch. Example: The guy who invented DVD ripping. I think the MPAA tried to sue him and almost got him, but he was in Norway or something. He was untouchable.
What? You don't know your deCSS history... He was indeed sued. Countries that have signed on to the Berne Copyright convention of 1972 (I believe that is the correct year) are all open to legal action to other members of the convention. Most likely they don't know, or just don't think it likely that anything worse than a cease and desist letter will come their way.

Beyond the legalities, I think it is unethical, but that is just me.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

He was? My bad folks, last time I heard MPAA was sueing but it sort of Fizzled out or something. I guess you are right, even the guy who invented Winny went to jail. Unethical or not, folks love DL free shit and complaining about it.
buzz23
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by buzz23 »

wow don't write about stuff you don't know ;/ sorry for putting it this way berne convention was originally held in Switzerland 1886
the one you are reffering to is probably the BERNE CONVENTION FOR THE PROTECTION OF LITERARY AND ARTISTIC WORKS held in paris in 1971
and regarding the law it's not exactly how you posted it , berne is not absolute continental law is very difreent from english law , it al depends on the constitution ( internationall aggreements can be abowe internal country law or below ) in diffrent countries citizens have diffrent rights
some countries will always protect their citizens from foreign law
i don't want to write about it all but it also depends on the interpretation of the law
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

buzz23 wrote:wow don't write about stuff you don't know ;/ sorry for putting it this way berne convention was originally held in Switzerland 1886
the one you are reffering to is probably the BERNE CONVENTION FOR THE PROTECTION OF LITERARY AND ARTISTIC WORKS held in paris in 1971
and (snip)...
I was off by a year. It has been a while since I skimmed through the document. But I have read it, and the two main points I got out of it are that translations are derivative works with copyright belonging to the original author, and anyone in a country that signed the act can be prosecuted.

Even a failed prosecution can be very expensive for the defendant.

Regardless, I personally find distributing scanlations of a licensed work unethical. Other groups, obviously, do not. That's about all I have to say on the subject.
Freddy C
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Freddy C »

Saito wrote:Evil_Genius also does Berserk and Fullmetal Alchemist
yea, evil genius is more like evil "i don't give a damn about license", i personally love them for giving me berserk, without them i will be pretty annoyed.
Shinrei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shinrei »

but with them we are pretty annoyed too ! (u_u)
Saito
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Saito »

FuguTabetai wrote:
pv82 wrote:Evil Genius has some big cojones or must be bullet proof, to not fear the wrath of of Lawsuits. I wonder if they are located in US, Most guys who do not fear Lawsuits are people who US can't touch. Example: The guy who invented DVD ripping. I think the MPAA tried to sue him and almost got him, but he was in Norway or something. He was untouchable.
What? You don't know your deCSS history... He was indeed sued. Countries that have signed on to the Berne Copyright convention of 1972 (I believe that is the correct year) are all open to legal action to other members of the convention. Most likely they don't know, or just don't think it likely that anything worse than a cease and desist letter will come their way.

Beyond the legalities, I think it is unethical, but that is just me.
whats unethical about it ?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Saito wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:Beyond the legalities, I think it is unethical, but that is just me.
whats unethical about it ?
DC comics will be releasing Tenjo Tenge commercially in North America (where I live.) For me to provide digital versions of what they are selling commercially is unethical; I want to see DC succeed, because that helps to promote the translation and importation of manga that I like into the US. More than that, every sale will send some money back (perhaps only indirectly) to Oh! Great, which is a good thing in my opinion. By providing what they want to sell for free, there will be fewer sales, and the original author (Oh! Great) will get less compensation for his work.

That is how I feel. I do not speak for any other groups. I do not intend to foster my ethical beliefs onto other people either. You are free to feel how you like.
Ikari
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ikari »

Anyone feels like writing a mail to DC and let them know of these 2 groups :twisted:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Naw, Snicthing is pretty low thing to do :( . Let DC find out on thier own.
Ikari
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ikari »

Why is it a bad thing to do? I mean damn, Fugu is still providing us with good scripts.

Why didn't they translate it before it was licensed?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Hey, I appreciate what fugu is doing just as much as you. I have spent a considerable amount of funds that have ended up in Oh Great's pockets. I support the artist, just as much as anyone, but I don't give a dam what other people do as far a licensing goes. Hey if they want violate laws, that's their business. I don't get any more compensation or satifaction at the end of the day from DC for telling on anyone. At the end of the day I am no better than they are. Just my opinion though, Roast me if you wish.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pv82 wrote:Naw, Snicthing is pretty low thing to do :( . Let DC find out on thier own.
I'm with pv82 on this - if other people want to translate Tenjo Tenge that's fine by me. I don't own it; I just put up some fan translations.

If DC comics decides to ignore fan translations that is fine.

I just personally do not want to provide something that might prevent from sending their money Oh! Great's way. I'm happy to keep my text translations going though.

By the way, reading some other forum this morning, someone wrote that they hated the JavaScript translations (pop up over the Japanese raw) that I did for 75. It was too much trouble or something. I thought that was interesting, because I think it is much more useful if you are at all interested in preserving the art of the original, or learning Japanese. Anyway, that isn't really on topic. :)
Saito
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Saito »

Ikari wrote:Why is it a bad thing to do? I mean damn, Fugu is still providing us with good scripts.

Why didn't they translate it before it was licensed?
cause maybe it wasnt lisenced? i mean its piracy anyway before it got licensed and after it got licensed
dumbo63
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by dumbo63 »

Wow. Now I'm scared. What are the chances of leechers going to jail?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

You would be Shocked to if you knew how Much BIG BROTHER knows about what's on your Hard Drive :twisted: .
Esca
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Esca »

FuguTabetai wrote: By the way, reading some other forum this morning, someone wrote that they hated the JavaScript translations (pop up over the Japanese raw) that I did for 75. It was too much trouble or something. I thought that was interesting, because I think it is much more useful if you are at all interested in preserving the art of the original, or learning Japanese. Anyway, that isn't really on topic. :)
I'm currently a japanese language major right now (kinda strange to major in that yes, but what can I say), and I found your javascript translations to be very useful. Though, I personally think some added furigana would be helpful as well (lazy I know). Yes, knowing only 300+ kanji doesnt really get you anywhere in reading, but its slowly rising. <-Not on topic as well
Zhou
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zhou »

I really liked your JavaScript translation of Chapter 75, Fugu. As long as you don't provide the raws themselves, I don't think it will be unethical if you stick with this format.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

pv82 wrote:
You would be Shocked to if you knew how Much BIG BROTHER knows about what's on your Hard Drive .
Good. All those pics and videos of Jenna Jameson didn't go to waste, then. Nice to know BB's getting off on them. :twisted:
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

Well..the ideal way is to read scanlations and then buy the originals when they`re released :) I`m doing this most of the time..scanlations provide me with quick fix...but collector inside me demands volumnes on the shelf :)
Ruroni
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ruroni »

Personally I would have bought the DC versions if they came out monthly or so, but since that is a false hope, I'm buying the japanese comics while learning kanji, to better myself. Nothing like owning the actual comic yourself, manga can be read over and over. Like Adrian who has that collector's lust, I too have it.

For the people wanting to "snitch", why would you do such a thing? Pissing on someone elses parade because you dont agree with what they're doing, but it doesnt involve you in the least. Any group could just throw their translations up on some slovak/taiwanese bots with no credit attached. You really cant stop people when it comes to the internet.

I appreciate EG for doing licensed manga, I hate getting into a series, then having to wait sooooooo long for it to catch up. Instead of wanting to buy their licensed manga I rather shove a boot up their ass. And as long as I have breath in my body there will be HQ raws and scanlations on the net for Ten Ten. *cranks up scanner*

Also would like to say thank you to Fugu for scanlating ten ten this far, I've absolutely fallen in love with it and have been driven to buy the japanese volumes + Ultra Jump, and I've never bad mouthed you for stopping your scanlating, because you did it because of what you believe in, and if you dont do what you believe, there isnt any reason for your existance.

Have a great day!
Nobody1898
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nobody1898 »

AdrianWerner wrote:Well..the ideal way is to read scanlations and then buy the originals when they`re released :) I`m doing this most of the time..scanlations provide me with quick fix...but collector inside me demands volumnes on the shelf :)
i have the same sickness
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Agent_Wax wrote:Good. All those pics and videos of Jenna Jameson didn't go to waste, then. Nice to know BB's getting off on them. :twisted:
LMAO :lol: . Knowing BB, he's probably looking everywhere for Rupal Pics :twisted: .
Ruroni wrote:I appreciate EG for doing licensed manga, I hate getting into a series, then having to wait sooooooo long for it to catch up. Instead of wanting to buy their licensed manga I rather shove a boot up their ass. And as long as I have breath in my body there will be HQ raws and scanlations on the net for Ten Ten. *cranks up scanner*
Hey, do you scan? That's really cool, More freaking power to you man :D . Fan's got to stick together.
AdrianWerner wrote:Well..the ideal way is to read scanlations and then buy the originals when they`re released I`m doing this most of the time..scanlations provide me with quick fix...but collector inside me demands volumnes on the shelf
Yeah true, but I think since Im going to get Vol. 12 I am going to sell my Ultra Jumps on Ebay. Did anyone notice several people have sold thier Character stands that came free with this months ultra jump for 12 freakin dollars :shock: . Im thinking about cashing in 8) , I wonder how much I'd get for my beaten up copy of the Tenge tenjo Ultra Jump Special.
Shinrei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shinrei »

what is this ultra jump special ? ( do ya know Air Gear? an other manga of Oh Great! )
User151
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by User151 »

FuguTabetai wrote: By the way, reading some other forum this morning, someone wrote that they hated the JavaScript translations (pop up over the Japanese raw) that I did for 75. It was too much trouble or something. I thought that was interesting, because I think it is much more useful if you are at all interested in preserving the art of the original, or learning Japanese. Anyway, that isn't really on topic. :)

No way, these bubbles are really great. Although I can't read a word in Japanese, I think these bubbles really helps in getting more familier with the language.
It is a good day to die
By the way, Maya is my heroine
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Aren't there any torrents with th *other* chapters of volume 12, because Fugu only has chapter 75 up :?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Banorac wrote:Aren't there any torrents with th *other* chapters of volume 12, because Fugu only has chapter 75 up :?
moyism wrote:http://forum.digitalpanic.net/viewtopic.php?t=2634

yea, I just caught this myself. I'm d/ling their version to see if they rip Fugu's translations or it's just their own. (don't worry, deleting it asap)

Still though, seems like they're translating mangas that have been dropped cause of licensing in the US. dunno man....
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

He was asking for chapters 70-74, not 75.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Whoops, look around in some other Torrent sites, some bots must have uploaded
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Somehow I'm thinking 'silly question' as I post this, but what's a bot ? :?
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

on irc, it's basically a "server" that hosts various files that people can d/l from.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Damn ... I don't have ORC and never will ...

Last time my brother used that on a computer and it got swarmed with viruses, trojans and worms ...

Any other ( and better ) options to get them ?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Holy crap, the 2nd senpai. I got some bad news buddy. If you didn't get the releases by last week your kinda S.O.L. All I can recommend is you look for sites that have random torrents loaded on it, or try a P2P program. Either way you still risk getting Trojans, WOrms, Oggie Booqies, and whatnot's They only way to get anything is bad. Sorry Ban.

Edit: I just remembered somthing :shock: . Do a search in this forum on jojohot, its got Fight 70-73 in Chinese I think, You can use Fugus scripts. Other than that I can't help you.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Owkay, thank you, I'll try that ;)

EDIT: I managed to locate the files, but they only have 71-73, which is too bad for me, since I'd be missing out on a chapter ... Oh wel, next week I'll know if the shop managed to order my Ten Ten 12 with figurine for August ... FRIGGIN AUGUST :shock:
Shinpachi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shinpachi »

pv82 wrote:Did anyone notice several people have sold thier Character stands that came free with this months ultra jump for 12 freakin dollars :shock: . Im thinking about cashing in 8) , I wonder how much I'd get for my beaten up copy of the Tenge tenjo Ultra Jump Special.
I feel kinda dumb for asking this, but what character stand? I looked on ebay and didn't find anything cept the tenten posters and one of those 1/8th kits, and some guy selling a VCD of the anime (if I were ever going to snitch I'd do it now...)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Shinpachi wrote:I feel kinda dumb for asking this, but what character stand? I looked on ebay and didn't find anything cept the tenten posters and one of those 1/8th kits, and some guy selling a VCD of the anime (if I were ever going to snitch I'd do it now...)
I always find it funny that as soon as something Is Licensed companies like ADV will warn and threathen fansubbers (WHo almost always try to put on label of the anime "This is a Fan Sub, not to be sold or auctioned. Please buy DVD as soon as Licensed") and Yet theses people run free. People selling VCD's, Fugu's Scans, and Licensed material can not be stopped, even with warnings and Threats. Thier defense for all they do is that they "are providing a product to those who otherwise would not be able to buy this product or to people who do no have HIgh speed Internet Access" but I bet you a majority of thier clients are who people who can :wink: . Its really wierd in my opinion to sell a VCD that has GENEON USA in the credits. It's really not confirmed that it making its way over to USA, but you guys know better :wink: . By the way Shinpachi, the stands where all won, but keep you eyes open. But if you want to know, the stands are sheets of Plastic with the "Same Old anime Designs" ( The onces seen on the Avex website "Maya kneeling with weapon on her back" "NAgi jumping and Bob Doing Capoiera" "AYa School girl with reiki Behind her") that are punched through and can be folded to stand. That alone was going for 12$ :shock: . I Will be selling mine soon.
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

I think its funny how american companies don't really credit or care about fansubs for gaining popularity in america. Yes I know they can't credit it out in the open. But the head guy at tokyo pop has stated how he doesn't mind fan scans of manga cause it brings free publicity and awareness, even ADV which won't C&D till they announce there anime titles even though it takes month to do licensing and i'm sure they know before hand there getting something. Recently also at Production IG boards they allow talk about fansubs as long as you don't directly comment on the group itself or where you got it.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Not to mention that a few fansubbers become professional. I'm just not sure how often that becomes a career choice for many within the fansubbing scene. It's a love-hate relationship sometimes I guess.