wah! the chapters keep on getting better

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

wah! the chapters keep on getting better

Post by standa-man »

Man, Oh! Great is just piling on the drama. Sooooo much anticipation for the next chapter... Shin is gonna go berserk big time. That Fu Chien is quite a nasty guy. Wonder if he'll have to fight Shin...

What's up with that back cover? Mana and... a big fish? in a cage? not a fish tank? what? the imagery is beyond me. anyone care to explain?

I'm really lovin the intro art though. especially the red color of Isuzu's hair.

Feels like reading these recent chapters has left me breathless.

K, enough spouting of fanboy adoration from me for today.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

The back cover of recent issues have all featured a character, and an animal. Often, they are not "real" - the panther with Takayanagi Masataka, for example, was kind of a "spirit".

My guess is that the fish is Emi's spirit familiar. By the way, her mentor, Kuzunoha Mana, has the kanji for "fish" in her name (Mana.)

fugu
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

I lied.. more rambling from me.

I feel sorry for Shin. Seems like he's actually trying to be good now, and these selfish pupeteers go and pull his most sensitive strings.

I didn't even really notice the animal theme going on. How oblivous of me. It all makes much more sense now.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Those animals are probably 'totems'. Mitsuomi's a lion, Aya and Nagi are both dragons (whatever that says about their future), Masataka's a panther/leopard, Maya's a tiger. No idea about Bob and the rest.
That Fu Chien is quite a nasty guy. Wonder if he'll have to fight Shin...
Ohhh, yes. And it'll make you toss your cookies. I still can't read that particular bit without a shiver down my spine...
And just to note: that's Fu Chi-en, 3 syllables.

Agent Wax
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Agent_Wax wrote:
That Fu Chien is quite a nasty guy. Wonder if he'll have to fight Shin...
Ohhh, yes. And it'll make you toss your cookies. I still can't read that particular bit without a shiver down my spine...

Agent Wax
When I first read that bit, it took me a few minutes (literally) to realize what had happened... So ... nasty.

Fu Chi'en is spelled that way because of the extra syllable. I think that is a standard orthographic convention?
Emlan^_^
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Emlan^_^ »

that fish thinge was so damn cool *_*;;

hey fugu, you think you can give me that page in bigger size? I wanna use it as wallpaper but its not big enough for my screen TT^TT
..if its not too much truble :/
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Well, I don't know what the standard is, but since Fu is chinese, and most chinese would have three characters/syllables to their name (the first one being the surname/family name). Some people write their names (in phonetic english) in 2 words (eg. Zhang Ziyi; even though it's 3 characters). Others prefer to put a '-' between the 2nd and 3rd characters/syllables (eg. Chow Yun-Fat). "Fu Chi'en" would work, but "Fu Chien" would probably be a different pronunciation, with different Kanji characters.

Agent Wax
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Emlan^_^ wrote:that fish thinge was so damn cool *_*;;

hey fugu, you think you can give me that page in bigger size? I wanna use it as wallpaper but its not big enough for my screen TT^TT
I have a larger scan of course. Should I email it to you?

fugu
Emlan^_^
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Emlan^_^ »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Emlan^_^ wrote:that fish thinge was so damn cool *_*;;

I have a larger scan of course. Should I email it to you?

fugu
well as long as you keep the size under 2000kb, it will be good^o^
damn hotmail not accepting too big files =_=;;
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

Agent_Wax wrote: Ohhh, yes. And it'll make you toss your cookies. I still can't read that particular bit without a shiver down my spine...
Holy crap! That's vicious... ::shudders::

and the fact he didn't even notice at first... though you'd figure working for the Takayanagi family Fu Chi'en would know better
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

What tops that is, while being tossed away in the last page, Fu isn't being merely tossed away. You have to look at his neck. :shock:
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

Yah, when he's getting tossed, it looks like every limb (or at least the ones still there) is going in some direction it's not supposed to go.

I think Shin must be a master of dismemberment.