When will t.j.t.g be released in english officially?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

shogun gekomon
Tamashii
Tamashii

When will t.j.t.g be released in english officially?

Post by shogun gekomon »

i really like being able to download it here, but will any western companies (viz perhaps?) release it in english?
i would like to be able to buy it in graphic novel form, but has it been released already?
thanks
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

DC Comics's new imprint "CMX" will release it, I have no idea when they will start, and no idea what format it will be in. I hope that they go quickly though, because they've got 11 (going on 12) volumes to catch up with already...

I suspect you can find the translations that I put out for volumes 1-11 if you look around hard enough (on IRC maybe, I don't know.) I'm not putting them out anymore though. Just text translations.
Mephisto03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mephisto03 »

I've just checked out DC's website on there news section cause I was actually looking for something else. The title of the news on there site reads as "DC COMICS LAUNCHES CMX, A NEW MANGA IMPRINT IN OCTOBER". In the article they go on to say "Forthcoming titles include the international bestsellers Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Tenjo Tenge, as well as titles by Tajima Sho-u (who created the character designs for the anime sequences in the film Kill Bill: Volume 1) and Fujii Mihona's Gals! (the basis for the popular anime series SuperGals!)

Paul Levitz, President & Publisher of DC Comics announced today that DC Comics will launch CMX, a new imprint of manga graphic novels, with the publication of three titles in October, 2004. The first three to be released are the initial volumes of MADARA (art by Tajima Sho-u and written by Otsuka Eiji from Kadokawa), MEKAKUSHI NO KUNI (illustrated and written by Tsukuba Sakura from Hakusensha), and EROIKA YORI AI WO KOMETE (illustrated and written by Aoike Yasuko, from Akita Shoten.)"

They also say the format, "Each of the CMX titles are Japanese manga which are being released for the first time in the United States, and will be published in the traditional manga format
shogun gekomon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by shogun gekomon »

thats good news!
except for fugu stopping full manga translations, thats bad news :cry:
thanks for the link mephisto
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

[quote="Mephisto"]They also say the format, "Each of the CMX titles are Japanese manga which are being released for the first time in the United States, and will be published in the traditional manga format