Tenjo Tenge Anime

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

sieg-wahrheit
Yuurei
Yuurei

Tenjo Tenge Anime

Post by sieg-wahrheit »

just wondering is it worth buying TT anime? i can only find Vol.1 n 2 in my country...n i wanna know that is it the anime storyline follow exact in the manga? slightly different...? or totally different? btw...i heard some of my frenz said that the character looks slightly different compared to the manga (not that beautiful as the manga) Really need some advice here...Thanks In Advance!
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

check the raws thread and you'll be able to see how the character designs are. I've been posting up screencaps of the current eps (since the fansubs are behind), so yea.

The anime roughly follows the storyline. So far, there are no real big current changes that will alter the manga storyline. They've changed small things, but nothing that goes "OMG! They've ruined TT!"

BTW, didn't know TT DVD was out yet. You know, it might be just bootlegs of fansubs or something. check http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... .php?t=511 where Natsume Maya posted up that the DVD is not suppose to be out til like late July.
bluejeans
Yuurei
Yuurei

annoyance

Post by bluejeans »

I personally didn't enjoy the fact that they changed Aya's hair from black to ... umm... I have no clue what to call that color... orange? brown? dirty-blonde?! I didn't even realize that it was Maya at the end song that the puzzle pieces together till I read the manga translations and was shocked to see that WOHH... that's Maya?! Then I noticed the two antennas ^_^ LOL! But still.. what's with the hair?

blue
^_^v
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Then I take it you liked Mitsuomi's Green hair in the past arc. And Bunchishi's white hair. Seriously man, I'll take Aya's brownish hair to these other weird mishaps any day.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Puke Green = Mitsuomi

Yeah that sounds about right to me :twisted:
P_Amiel
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: annoyance

Post by P_Amiel »

bluejeans wrote:I personally didn't enjoy the fact that they changed Aya's hair from black to ... umm... I have no clue what to call that color... orange? brown? dirty-blonde?! I didn't even realize that it was Maya at the end song that the puzzle pieces together till I read the manga translations and was shocked to see that WOHH... that's Maya?! Then I noticed the two antennas ^_^ LOL! But still.. what's with the hair?
Whoa, what the... I wasn't clear on what you were saying at first, but then I went back and looked at the image from volume 2. Holy crap, it is Maya! I guess the producers got the idea to color Aya's hair from that image of Maya. Or maybe they screwed up and thought that picture was really Aya (which was what I assumed, since it is Aya sitting there in the ending, hence my confusion). Heehee, what a surprise.

This is my opinion regarding the comments about funky hair colors... Most if not all Japanese have black or dark dark brown hair. It wouldn't be very exciting if all animated characters had black hair as well. Look around... anime tends to be very colorful. The use of reds, yellows, pinks, and greens can be found everywhere... the color of the characters' bright clothes, their hair, food, lights, weapons... In Tenjo Tenge, none of the main characters appear to have black hair. The darkest color they use is for that is still brown. I guess what I'm basically saying is that anime is supposed to be bright, and that's also part of what makes it appealing. Can you imagine real people wearing Aya's yellow and cyan striped dress, Bob's pink T-shirt, Ryuzaki's fuschia shirt and maroon jacket, or Masataka's orange athletic wear? It looks all right in the anime because everything is already bright like that!
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

But why is Mitsuomi's hair green in the past but silvery gold in the present? Most Japanese have dark brown hair? Allright, but in the manga, most people have light or semi dark hair plus they all look different enough to distinguish between so why change it. Mitsuomi's hair is blonde or lightly browned on the cover of volume 7 so it's not like Oh Great! intended it to be green.
Thanathos
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Thanathos »

the same for the hair of aya, but who cares...

where can i dw the anime now??, anybody know??
Silvermyst
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Silvermyst »

Don't forget that in quite a few of the color inserts from the manga, Aya's hair is a dark brown.
I don't know why but I always thought of Aya as a brunette :p
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

From the manga alone, I thought Mitsuomi could either have blond or white hair, but green was certainly unexpected. I don't like it. They should've just stuck to the silverish blonde color if only just to make a connection between the present and past arc Mitsuomi when it comes to the hair. If Aya's dark-colored hair turned to be light brown, it makes me wonder how characters like Ishiyumi will look like in the anime--if it ever gets that far.

Oh well. They're just hair colors. I can live with it, but still...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kujoe wrote:If Aya's dark-colored hair turned to be light brown, it makes me wonder how characters like Ishiyumi will look like in the anime--if it ever gets that far.
Oh well. They're just hair colors. I can live with it, but still...
Madoka's hair is supose to be Blue, I wonder what they are going to do there. True, it is an anime so things don't have to match. Who knows, maybe Madhouse has an abundance of the colors they are using now.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

I always figured madoka to have a light red hair but I also thought of Emi to have red hair, too, but they turned it pink. None of this matters to me since it is just hair. What did ruin the anime, for me though, was the art and character designs of the later episodes. Episode 1 and 2, were perfect in my opinion. The characters basically had the shapes they needed to. In the later episodes everyone looks skinnyer than they should, namely Nagi. This doesn't include the girls though since Oh Great! intended to make them topheavy. :shock:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

solidis1 wrote:I always figured madoka to have a light red hair
Not Arguing about, just wondering
In the Color pic with her in a dress and Bob in Samarai wardrobe, She had it blue. Not really Baby Blue, it was a dark Blue IMO. But you may be right, what color is her hair as she pulls out he Gas Lightsabers?
solidis1 wrote:This doesn't include the girls though since Oh Great! intended to make them topheavy.

Top Heavy?:lol:.
Last edited by pv82 on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

You're absolutely right. It is blue, I forgot. However, this is just what I had envisioned and she had sort of Raggidy-Anne looking hair (which was red) so that... yeah, it's weird. I know.
cwkashi

Post by cwkashi »

The anime follows the manga
Last edited by cwkashi on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
natsume
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by natsume »

i like maya's hair it's really unique