Masataka question

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Thor
Yuurei
Yuurei

Masataka question

Post by Thor »

Having read over the thread at http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... .php?t=581, I am glad to see Oh! Great use T Masataka a bit more. It's about time.. ^_^

I unfortunately picked Masataka's character to be my fav from teh very begining (I think it was his hopeless love that i thought was cool).

Even IF Evil Genius or someone else scanlates it, or the raws and scripts are here, I am worried to continue reading or not.

Based on what you Tenjo Tenge pros know so far, is Masataka more than likely going to be relegated to be alone at the end. It sounds cheesy, and yes, i have testosterone, but the last few anime/manga series I have become really into all ended with my fav character getting the love shaft, dying, etc etc.

I read manga for a temporary release from the real world. So a few good endings would nice once in a while. So...

Your best guess.. will Masataka stay a comedy relief B character (or maybe killed off to add some tension) and not get a single chick in the end......? Or might Oh! Great have started changing his character in Vol 11 enough so that I should still keep the faith he may not end up a poor side-noted character? ^_-

Thanks!
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Are you the same Thor From AnimeWaves:?: If so, I want to thank you for picking up Tende Freeze (Funny Manga). If not, just scratch that comment :wink: . Well back to your question, Masataka character did show some sparks in Vol.11-12. Which is cool that Oh Great is Developing more Characters than just Nagi. Hopefully we will see the "True Warrior" but I think Oh Great is still going to keep Nagi His Main Hero. I also thought at one point that Masataka's Character was going to end up either Dieing in combat, End up lonely, or Something lame like his Dad or a Teacher at Toudo. Now I don't know what to think, Oh Great is poping up plot twist and surprises left and right. I would sugest you stick with it a little bit longer, because although its unvertain what going to happen next, I think its going to End up Good :wink: .

BTW, Masataka does kinda have a potenial love interest, Madoka. Yeah, its sick :shock: Loli :evil: she' about 12yrs old . But who knows, in a few years SHe might end up being hotter than Maya and Aya. She might end up soo hot she'll dump Masataka and Join Sugano's Army :twisted: .
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pv82 wrote:BTW, Masataka does kinda have a potenial love interest, Madoka. Yeah, its sick :shock: Loli :evil: she' about 12yrs old .
Just because Madoka doesn't have an over-inflated bust it does not mean that she isn't the same age as everyone else.
Thor
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Thor »

pv82 wrote:Are you the same Thor From AnimeWaves:?: If so, I want to thank you for picking up Tende Freeze (Funny Manga).
Yes, I'm "Thor74". And yeah, I twisted BA's arm over at AW until the pain made him agree to do TF. We have 2 or 3 more chapters just about ready to release too, that just need proofing. Plus i am half-way done scanning in Vol.2 (prays it does not get licensed soon.) :o
pv82 wrote:BTW, Masataka does kinda have a potenial love interest, Madoka. Yeah, its sick :shock: Loli :evil: she' about 12yrs old . But who knows, in a few years SHe might end up being hotter than Maya and Aya. She might end up soo hot she'll dump Masataka and Join Sugano's Army :twisted: .
Thanks for your input. I have collected up to Vol 12, and currently I am only done reading up to Vol. 9. I guess i will keep the faith for a bit longer and see what happens. :wink: I appreciate the time to respond to my cheesy/sentimental/"typing when half awake late at night makes me sound like a girl" question. *Reminds himself to think next time before typing* :oops:

Masataka deserves to be happy a few times before the end of this series I hope!
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

FuguTabetai wrote:
pv82 wrote:BTW, Masataka does kinda have a potenial love interest, Madoka. Yeah, its sick :shock: Loli :evil: she' about 12yrs old .
Just because Madoka doesn't have an over-inflated bust it does not mean that she isn't the same age as everyone else.
true but look at the appearances madoka is obviously younger than the rest of the cast of tenjo tenge
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

TW_J wrote:true but look at the appearances madoka is obviously younger than the rest of the cast of tenjo tenge
I don't see how you can go by apearance in Tenjo Tenge - Oh! Great has drawn Maya to look like she's 6 years old! I'm pretty sure that Madoka is in high school, possibly a 1st or 2nd year student. I'll get back to you when I translate the stuff from the TJTG Special issue on the characters. If it even says anything about that.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

FuguTabetai wrote:Just because Madoka doesn't have an over-inflated bust it does not mean that she isn't the same age as everyone else.
Is she really the same age as everyone? Wow, I always guess she was a little younger, not just the Bust but the inexperience level in fighting and being so easliy swayed by Shohaku. But then I guess anyone can fit that profile. I think we discussed earlier in another thread how many of ladies in Tenge Tenjo don't look like School girls. Looks are decieving :shock: . Even Tawara look like he's in his late 20's. Thor, if your just at Vol. 9 then your in for a big surprise as soon as you hit Vol. 10-12. For me that's when things get way better.
JonWan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by JonWan »

pv82 wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:Just because Madoka doesn't have an over-inflated bust it does not mean that she isn't the same age as everyone else.
Is she really the same age as everyone? Wow, I always guess she was a little younger, not just the Bust but the inexperience level in fighting and being so easliy swayed by Shohaku. But then I guess anyone can fit that profile. I think we discussed earlier in another thread how many of ladies in Tenge Tenjo don't look like School girls. Looks are decieving :shock: . Even Tawara look like he's in his late 20's. Thor, if your just at Vol. 9 then your in for a big surprise as soon as you hit Vol. 10-12. For me that's when things get way better.
Tawara is in his 20's, he's pretty old. Two years ago he was Senior or Junior so h should be at least 19 or 20 by now.

And shouldn't Masataka be stronger than everybody else since he is form the head family. All other families are branch, bieng at the top should stand for something. It sucks but I think him and NAgi may end up fighting, Nagi gets swayed by Sohaku and Masataka beats soe sense into him and some bullshit about him fighting for all the wrong reasons and then Nagi turns good and becomes the strongest.
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

I think she's around 13-15... it's hard to tell. I mean, Aya is 15... so...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

If Madoka the same age as everyone them does that mean she can join the Tournament?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

JonWan wrote:And shouldn't Masataka be stronger than everybody else since he is form the head family. All other families are branch, bieng at the top should stand for something.
That's where Mitsuomi comes in. Plus, Masataka is no slouch either. Just because one belongs to a head clan doesn't necessarily mean that he or she is the strongest fighter. Look at Dougen. I doubt he was the strongest in his day. (Though we really never know, do we? :wink:)

The Takayanagi Clan is the current head family, thus they own a lot of assets, they're friggin' rich, they wield power within different circles and they're one of the best when it comes to martial arts--etc., etc. Heck, even if they weren't the head family, they would still have all of that.

I'm not sure about Madoka though. Since Aya is 15, I guess Madoka could be 15 as well--or 14. I mean, does Aya look like she's 15 years old? :wink: If Madoka goes to school in Toudou Gakuen, then maybe she can also join the tournament.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

If you guys look at the picture at the beginning of chapter 73 with Masataka on the bike, you notice her uniform is different from the others. That doesn't necessarily mean she's not in highschool, but it causes me to believe she doesn't go to their school.
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

ya aya doesnt seem like shes 15 i mean how many girls at 15 have double Ds :lol: but this is manga anything is possible.
Thanathos
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Thanathos »

yeah, she must have like 14 or 15, i mean, when she remembered when "the guy" (no spoliers here) take hger, she was already 7 or 8 years old
I <3 Chun Li
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by I <3 Chun Li »

Hmmm Intressting...

Would Someone Like to help me out? I only got up to Chapter 68 and was gonna download the rest after I finished the Anime Expo Convention, but DC beat me to it... Anyways i'm really intressted in learning more about this Madoka x Masataka thing, would anyone mind helping me someone how get the chapters?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

jojohot offers chinese raws 70-73?
I <3 Chun Li
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by I <3 Chun Li »

would there be a place I could get text translations with that?

edit: oh heh I just saw Fugu's link
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Also, the raws are in the IRC channel, as well as separate translations for them.
I <3 Chun Li
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by I <3 Chun Li »

Okay Thanx for the help everyone :D

btw did DC license the anime too?
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

FuguTabetai wrote:
TW_J wrote:true but look at the appearances madoka is obviously younger than the rest of the cast of tenjo tenge
I don't see how you can go by apearance in Tenjo Tenge - Oh! Great has drawn Maya to look like she's 6 years old! I'm pretty sure that Madoka is in high school, possibly a 1st or 2nd year student. I'll get back to you when I translate the stuff from the TJTG Special issue on the characters. If it even says anything about that.
ya i guess u do have a point souichirou's parents look pretty young even tho they should be at least at there late 20s or 30s
yume
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by yume »

I <3 Chun Li wrote:btw did DC license the anime too?
Geneon has it. Which isn't really a surprise since it helped produce it.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Have they made it official? I know THey made Hanyuko Maids La verte Official just recently. I have not checked the licensing.

Edit: Just checked AnimeonDVD , is been licnesed since 03/20/2004
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Sorry for double posting, I have a question. Is Dougen, Mastaka & Mitsoumi's father or grandfather. Someone told me that Dougen was thier grandfather, but I could have sworn I have seen Mitsoumi call him father. Unless this is something that is done in Japan, referring to grandfather's as fathers :? :?:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pv82 wrote:Sorry for double posting, I have a question. Is Dougen, Mastaka & Mitsoumi's father or grandfather. Someone told me that Dougen was thier grandfather, but I could have sworn I have seen Mitsoumi call him father. Unless this is something that is done in Japan, referring to grandfather's as fathers :? :?:
Father. I was positive he was their grandfather first, but I was wrong.
pure
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by pure »

right before her fight with bob, it was questioned by izumi whether or not she was in high school, that is why i've been under the impression that she's younger than the rest. however...iirc, souhaku killed her parents eight years ago and, to me, she didn't look seven years old yet(this sentence structure brought to you by typing before you're finish thinking). so unless she matures slower than the rest of the world, i would put her at 12-13.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Izumi? SOmeone has GANTZ on thier mind :wink:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I'm still wondering where she is at the moment though. She can't go back to F, so where is she? Is she still hanging out in Bunshichi's house?

She's a good fighter too despite her petite appearance, and hopefully the skills she displayed against Bob and Isuzu weren't just a result of Souhaku's control.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Maybe OH great is tryind to write her out of the story, she might end up like Enma & Mouki.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

so unless she matures slower than the rest of the world, i would put her at 12-13.
Middle schoolers' age range is from 13 to 15.
Thanathos
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Thanathos »

pv82 wrote:Maybe OH great is tryind to write her out of the story, she might end up like Enma & Mouki.
OMFG!! u are right, i haven't see them since thar arc ended...:S
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

they were throw away characters like : Kapa Kendo Fighter, Majong fighter, the bull in Vol. 4, The Ex: Katana Team.

Will we see them again

Only time will tell :roll:
Cypher-Khan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Cypher-Khan »

pv82 wrote:the bull in Vol. 4

Will we see them again

Only time will tell :roll:
Most likely a definate no on this one... didnt Mitsuomi put that poor thing in a world of hurt... (note... not a question... he did put the bull in a world of hurt...)

**R.I.P Bull**

You were an amusement...

(actually, it *does* make a reappearance in the group picture of Fight 32 (volume 5))

Puts the grand total of dead people/animals to 4 on that page :twisted:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Cypher-Khan wrote:Puts the grand total of dead people*/animals to 4 on that page :twisted:
That's kinda creepy, especially seeing a smiling Shin Hanging on a Bulky Mitsoumi. Plus Mana, FU, and The Bull being there adds to it. What was up with Ryuzaki having his picture pasted on :? Was he absent the on that day :lol: