Other fighting manga.....

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

Other fighting manga.....

Post by Raistlin46 »

Can you guys give me the names of some OTHER martial arts manga, as well as some OTHER highschool battle manga? Not only the names, but a website were i could download these?
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Kazushi Hagiwara (Bastard!!) had that Gakuen Burning (or something like that) series.

There's Fist of the North Star and Fist of the Blue Sky. YuYu Hakusho is also good, but takes a while before it gets to the real fighting part... Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, which also takes a couple before it gets to the fighting.

There's the awful Real Bout High School, the comedic Ranma 1/2, Shaolin Sisters... and all the zillion crappy young shonen stuff...
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

actually had a thread like this before the board changed.... too bad we can't resurrect that one. Someone, I forget who, had a big ol list of fighting/fighting high school manga.

My pick is the Kotaro Makaritoru series! It's also an unbelieveably powerful high school students fight for control of the school genre, but it's more of a comedy. Sorta Ranma-ish but more fighting emphasis among other differences. Get it (well, some of it) from http://www.chop-stix.net/~mangadownloads/.

Three series, KM, SKM, and SKML (go see the website for full names)
SKM is best imho, then SKML, then KM. SKM has very detailed judo fighting.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Raistlin, a good search engine for downloadable manga is www.noated.com. They don't link to hentai, though. And you might want to try 'Shin Tekken Chinmi' at www.manga-screener.com.

www.Kodanclub.com, the english site for Kodansha manga currently lists many of their mangas (including 'Garouden'), with a genre search engine and preview pages of each listed title and volume. Not downloadable.

Aside from TT, I am currently also 'Prince of Karate' by Yasushi Baba (10 volumes. Not ecchi, but great fight scenes), but it doesn't look like to have caught on anywhere outside of Japan, Korea, and Taiwan, so it's probably not translated or available anywhere...

Edited to add this link I found...
http://www.mani.co.kr/share/comix/revie ... 2003020508
No, I can't read it either.

Agent Wax
Emlan^_^
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Emlan^_^ »

flame of recca has nice fights :0~
http://snoopycool.com/
Ikari
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ikari »

I remember someone mentioning Kamikaze which is being translated by manga-sketchbook.
Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Raistlin46 »

Yo.............this is TIGHT!!!!!!!!
ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShiroiNeko »

kamikaze is a good story when u have time to lose

at 1st i thought that it was a great serie but there are a lot weird thing in this manga

example
Volume 1 : Kaede is a " he "
volume 2 : She became a woman

and thera are people appearing like that u begun a volume 3 or 4 and new character ( they must be escap from nowhere )

but i like Naruto as a fight manga and Hikaru No go ( it s afight spirit )
Emlan^_^
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Emlan^_^ »

kemikaze...dont u have to go and log into a IRC channel to get that?
T_T;;
ShiroiNeko
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShiroiNeko »

Emlan^_^ wrote:kemikaze...dont u have to go and log into a IRC channel to get that?
T_T;;

i buy it in my country 5 volume 01 to 05
Ikari
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ikari »

Kamikaze-manga

Well.... you have a translated version. That might be the translator's mistake and not the author's mistake.

I liked the story and didn't find it weird at all. It's easy to follow. Except in the beginning where I was confused because of all the names (bah, I can't remember names).

Manga-sketchbook has a pretty nice bot on irc so it's easy to get all the chapters that have been released so far.
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

Subscribe to Raijin and you can read Grappler Baki, a great martial arts manga created by a martial artist.

And Raijin is a weekly English manga anthology. Words can't describe how great it is.

And check out the Battle Royale movie and manga.

Other manga to check out:

-Dragonball
- Naruto
- Flame of Recca
- Hajime no Ippo
- Rurouni Kenshin

And just for the sake of saying it, my favourites are:

- Akira and Lone Wolf and Cub
- Dragonball
- Naruto and Berserk
- Rurouni Kenshin
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
NVash
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by NVash »

Think you guys have named them all... but what about..

3X3 Eyes
Bremen
One Piece
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Shounan Junai Gumei (Sequel to Bad Company, prequel to GTO)
Zombie Powder

Dont think you guys would count Hellsing or Trigun since they dont have much fighting, nor does Cowboy Bebop (Which baffled me, cause there was a fight in almost every ep).
Ger24
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ger24 »

Theres a manga in Ultra Jump that just started called B!Reaction that is a highschool fighting manga, don't know if it is any good since I can't read it but, the art is really good.
Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Raistlin46 »

Any other nice sites like that katoro manga? Other title names?