Air Gear 2005 calendar

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Air Gear 2005 calendar

Post by Natsume Maya »

To be released mid-November 2004
Publisher: Kodansha
Price: 2,100 yen (including tax)
Size: 210mm x 297mm
4 sheets
"Stand type" (I'm not sure what that means - perhaps that you'll be able to stand the calendar on a tabletop...?)
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I think a stand type is one of those calenders where there's a harder bord you fold in to a triangular shape and you flip one of the month pages over every month ...

Wow, that sure was a bad explanation :?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Those are very small, usually, so I doubt it's that...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

cool, I heard there was some limited edition mangas that were only sold in 2 stores in japan. I think the mangas are 5, Engine Room, & an artbook. DO you know where if they are still being sold.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

pv82 wrote:cool, I heard there was some limited edition mangas that were only sold in 2 stores in japan.
Just the one store: Manga no Mori. But Manga no Mori has many branches in Japan.
I think the mangas are 5, Engine Room, & an artbook. DO you know where if they are still being sold.
There were deluxe edition versions of Oh! great's three adult manga volumes: 5, Engine Room and Junk Story. Basically just hardcover editions in a cardboard slipcase. Each also came with a looseleaf sheet with illustration/gag comic by Oh! great and with a telephone card. Plus if you purchased all three, you could apply for a bonus fourth phone card. My friend in Japan received the phone card on my behalf recently ^_^ Unfortunately, he gave his work address and the artwork apparently isn't so work-safe ^_^;;

Manga no Mori now only has the deluxe edition version of Engine Room available for order on its website. Of course, you may still be able to find the other two books at one of the branches in Japan.

The artbook is not actually a book but just a collection of looseleaf reproductions of Oh! great illustrations. See this thread:
http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... .php?t=294
Manga no Mori no longer has the art colleciton available for order on its website, but again you may be able to find it at one of the branches in Japan.

I think I've mentioned both the deluxe edition manga and the art collection in other threads on this forum, but you'll need to search for those.

Finally, even though the items were exclusive to Manga no Mori, in the past TokyoCentral seems to have gotten in stuff which was otherwise sold only at Manga no Mori. IIRC they previously stocked the Oh! great art collection. You may wish to check with them.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

small pix of it:

Props goes to Natsume Maya for finding it :D
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

So it *is* a foldie-thingie ? :D
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

It looks like a "Hangie" thing, if it is divided into 3 months each, then that's really not alot of artwork :(
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I'm not that big a fan of Air Gear, I only read parts of the first volume, I downloaded it somewhere but the pages don't have good names to sort them by page, so I have to search through all pagefiles to read it :roll:

I remember the artwok was great, but hey, it *is* an oeuvre by Oh Great! ^^
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

kind of weird how this is the same price as the TT 2005 calendar but you get more w/ the TT one than Air Gear. Guess Air Gear isn't as popular as Tenjo Tenge?
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

kind of weird how this is the same price as the TT 2005 calendar but you get more w/ the TT one than Air Gear. Guess Air Gear isn't as popular as Tenjo Tenge?
Different company, different target age group. But it's true that AG is newer than TT, and thus does not have as strong a fan base.