Serious Question

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Tiza
Yuurei
Yuurei

Serious Question

Post by Tiza »

Is Maya still virgin?

I'm having sleepless nights because of uncertainty. Please enlighten me :evil:
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

That's a tough question. The manga never really hinted that she slept with anyone and I don't think she was raped by Fu Chien's men. I'm going to say that she still is.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

probably left vague on purpose, that evil Oh! Great :twisted:

never know, she and Mits could have had a few passionate nights in high school.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

moyism wrote:never know, she and Mits could have had a few passionate nights in high school.
I somehow doubt that Ogure would ignore it, if it happened. Because if it did, it would give Maya more reason to look at Mitsuomi the way she does look at him.

I'd say, nothing happened (and probably nothing will, Mitsuomi is already a doomed character).
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Re: Serious Question

Post by pv82 »

Tiza wrote:I'm having sleepless nights because of uncertainty. Please enlighten me :evil:
Wow, that too hardcore for me. Im not sure, but my uncertanty came form when Fu & his goons striped her. There seems to be some sort of Gap, how far Fu was willing, we'll never know.

As for her & mitsoumi, well he spent a fair amount of time getting imtamite with Mana, so he's not shy about the fact. Plus that who sequence where he rips her top open and licks her wound (BTW, if you pay close attention you can't see the location one of his arms :twisted: ) is quite suspicous. Im not sure how far they went.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I think she *isn't* a virgin, the way she talks to Aya about being old fashioned because she wants to be with Nagi as first and only love :)
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

good question !

I think .... because with Shin .... difficult for the men .... :lol:

maybe with Mitsuomi during the night when Mitsuomi wants that she joins the Jyuukenbu ...

Or with Masataka ... they were the 2 members in Jyuukenbu during 1 years :twisted:
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Tiza Wrote:
Is Maya still virgin?

I'm having sleepless nights because of uncertainty. Please enlighten me

Why exactly do you want to know? Your question was phrased specifically as to whether she's a virgin, not whether she slept with Mitsuomi. That's just creepy... :shock:

Anyway, there is no indication that she isn't.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Banorac wrote:I think she *isn't* a virgin, the way she talks to Aya about being old fashioned because she wants to be with Nagi as first and only love :)
I thought what she was referring to wasn't sex, but rather marrying the first and only person you've ever loved. And in most parts of Asia, even in more conservative sections of Japanese community, female virginity is still asininely treated as a prize / reward / commodity.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I argee.

Maya was just being the "wise older sister". She has been the mother-figure for Aya for quite a while now, so it's natural that it was Maya who is teaching Aya about being a "proper lady" and all that stuff. Being old-fashioned is just part of it.
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

No indication that she lost her virginity...

BUT if she isn't a virgin I wouldn't be surprised at all.
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

This is a good quesiton, but I think Oh! Great would have pointed it out. The fact he has anyway hinted she is not virgin probably means she is.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Agent_Wax wrote:
Banorac wrote:I think she *isn't* a virgin, the way she talks to Aya about being old fashioned because she wants to be with Nagi as first and only love :)
I thought what she was referring to wasn't sex, but rather marrying the first and only person you've ever loved. And in most parts of Asia, even in more conservative sections of Japanese community, female virginity is still asininely treated as a prize / reward / commodity.
Could be, though she used a funny way of saying it, 'the first man she allows her skin too'.

But if she said that as a virgin, she prolly meant she loved Mitsuomi first and she didn't end
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Whether Maya's first love truly went wrong or not, you have to admit that there's still something left between her and Mitsuomi--and being a virgin or not doesn't really have anything to do with that either. I think she was merely pointing out to Aya that choosing to get married to your first love is an old fashioned tradition. It's not wrong per se--as Natsume women of the past generations have shown--but it's not full-proof either. Perhaps you can say, that Maya's past with Mitsuomi has taught her that lesson.

Besides, whether Maya is a virgin or not really doesn't make a big difference anyway--at least with regard to the situation at hand. She still has things to settle, and as the leader of the Jyuukenbu, I doubt she even had the time to play around.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Hmm....I think she could be a virgin.
IMHO Oh!Great wouldn't miss such a great opportunity of providing us with more fan service if something happened between her and Mitsuomi (and think what Shin would do to Mits after he'd see some "action" between him and Maya with his Dragon Eye). I also don't think she was raped by Fu's men. They only ripped her clothes to make Shin angry (maybe they planned to rape her afterwards, but luckily they were stopped).
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zangetsu »

Well...if she's wasn't, then Mistsumi would definetly be a smear on Shin's fist. :P

Wasn't Shin's girfriend sleeping with Mitsumi so he would'nt sleep with Aya? I hope he didn't have both of Shin's fav women. 'cause I really hate Mitsumi.
sweetkenji17
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sweetkenji17 »

Maybe Shin got a piece of that pie! :shock:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

zangetsu wrote:Well...if she's wasn't, then Mistsumi would definetly be a smear on Shin's fist. :P

Wasn't Shin's girfriend sleeping with Mitsumi so he would'nt sleep with Aya? I hope he didn't have both of Shin's fav women. 'cause I really hate Mitsumi.
You mean Maya? No, that wasn't that.

Mana seduced Mitsuomi to keep an eye on him (as she did with Shin) and to "lead" him into wanting to fight Shin (subtle comments like Maya and Shin acting like lovers, for example).

I don't think Mana really cared if Mitsumi slept with Maya. But I think she did want Maya close to her brother, since Maya was the one who provoked many of Shin's violent actions (Katana-hunting, Fu Chi'en, etc.)
Mr_Minou
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mr_Minou »

hmmm I think Mana slept with mitsuomi to keep him away from maya, because if mitsuomi took maya away from shin, shin would go berserk :

see tenten vol 6, page 97 :

mana : "but once you started to become attracted to maya chan, I had one more reason to get closer to you"
"I knew I had to do something because if things had gone to well between you too, shin would have been devastated"
Tiza
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tiza »

I'm still uncertain wether Maya's virgin or not. I haven't seen a hard evidence to prove that she isn't. But she acts like she's not though.

Or maybe there's been a hint but no one noticed it. Like the insert illustration of Mits and Maya in the car :evil:
Last edited by Tiza on Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Mr_Minou wrote:hmmm I think Mana slept with mitsuomi to keep him away from maya, because if mitsuomi took maya away from shin, shin would go berserk
And that's exactly what Mana's master, Dougen, wanted...
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Tiza wrote:
Or maybe there's been a hint but no one noticed it. Like the insert illustration of Mits and Maya in the car :evil:
... or the one where's she's sitting on a couch with SHin, each on the far end and Maya sitting there naked ...
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Banorac wrote:
Tiza wrote:
... or the one where's she's sitting on a couch with SHin, each on the far end and Maya sitting there naked ...
You mean Mitsoumi :P

Check Ch.3 pg. 178-179 :wink:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Tiza wrote:I'm still uncertain wether Maya's virgin or not. I haven't seen a hard evidence to prove that she isn't. But she acts like she's not though.
Is this a generalization?
Tiza wrote:Or maybe there's been a hint but no one noticed it. Like the insert illustration of Mits and Maya in the car :evil:
If I remember correctly, they weren't even naked in that one. Just your typical teenagers hanging out.
MrProphet wrote:Mana seduced Mitsuomi to keep an eye on him (as she did with Shin) and to "lead" him into wanting to fight Shin (subtle comments like Maya and Shin acting like lovers, for example).
I had the impression that while Mana was doing her part in manipulating Shin, her involvement with Mitsuomi was also undertaken for the sake of Shin's well-being.(?) She did care for him after all, and I guess she also hoped at the same time that if Mitsuomi would stay away from Maya, Shin wouldn't fall apart. Her conversation with Maya also comes to mind.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Hmm, could you point to a correct volume?

I remember a picture of Shin fixing his bike and a half-naked Mana sitting beside him (v07 c45 p200-201). Don't remember anything of the sort with Maya.

EDIT: Actually... no, I remember that picture with Maya. Really, there was nothing there.

And anyway, those are merely teasers, fan-service inserts... Not really storyline material.
Last edited by MrProphet on Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

It was mitsoumi who she was naked across, I gave the vol. and pg # on my earlier post :D
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Right, I checked it out. Pure non-canon fanservice. 8)

Interestingly enough, if yu check out vol.5, page 098-099, we see that Mitsuomi's zipper is undone. 8)

Does not mean anything? Bloody hell not. 8) But it's hilarious, since Maya is there as well.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Whoops
Sorry I replied to your post before your edit, just do like eveyone else and ignore me :wink:
Tiza
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tiza »

MrProphet: check out volume 3, chapter 19, page 178-179. He meant Ch. for volume I think, not chapter because pages 178-179 doesn't exist in chapter 3. It's also a couch with Mitsuomi and a naked Maya.

pv82: Shin and Maya on a couch is the cover of volume 5. Shin's half-naked and that's all there is to it.
And that insert page is evil, i've seen it but i wonder why the hell did I miss this part. maybe because i couldn't accept this scene :x
kujoe wrote:
Tiza wrote:I'm still uncertain wether Maya's virgin or not. I haven't seen a hard evidence to prove that she isn't. But she acts like she's not though.
Is this a generalization?
No.

---
On a side note, ignore my explanation on Mana. I didn't notice who she was referring to. *edited it*
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Are you saying that non-virgin Maya would act differently?

I thought that's just called "growing up". That's what Maya did.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

^Uh...we're you directly replying to me? I admit, I'm starting to get lost in this discussion. :?

Anyway, I think Maya's personality or the way she behaves is just pretty normal. She's got style, her own mannerisms and her own opinions. You come across women like this everyday.

She is the older sister after all, and after the deaths of her parents and Shin, new responsibilities made her grow up faster than most girls her age.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Are you asking me, kujoe? Erm, I am confused now.

I was referring to Tiza's statement that Maya's virginity or lack thereof would greatly affect her personality. I do not argee. While it would have affected her, I don't think here personality would change significantly enough for us to notice.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:Are you asking me, kujoe? Erm, I am confused now.
Yes, I was. :)

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Uhhh? I honestly wasn't aware that virgins and non-virgins have categorizable differences in behaviour... :?

This seems more like a leftover ghost of an age past where discrimatory mores and practices neatly partitioned the unmarried women in the world into either Sluts or Virgins...
Tiza
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tiza »

MrProphet wrote:Are you asking me, kujoe? Erm, I am confused now.

I was referring to Tiza's statement that Maya's virginity or lack thereof would greatly affect her personality. I do not argee. While it would have affected her, I don't think here personality would change significantly enough for us to notice.
I do not remember saying that Maya's virginity would affect her personality. :roll: :P

Sorry, I was going to write some more but I'm having trouble expressing my thoughts and feelings right now gotta sleep some more :x
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

pv82 wrote:
Banorac wrote:
Tiza wrote:
You mean Mitsoumi :P

Check Ch.3 pg. 178-179 :wink:
My bad, just something I remembered, thought it was Shin, because the male charachter on the couch really looked out of place to me :)
natsume
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by natsume »

i think maya and nagi had done something when they are training i remember that they kissed
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

natsume wrote:i think maya and nagi had done something when they are training i remember that they kissed
Nah they didn't that was something Aya believed they did cause of jealousy towards her sister then she slapped maya for it.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

natsume wrote:i think maya and nagi had done something when they are training i remember that they kissed
That wasn't even a kiss, Maya was just tranferring ki to him.
Gigei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gigei »

pv82 wrote: Plus that who sequence where he rips her top open and licks her wound (BTW, if you pay close attention you can't see the location one of his arms :twisted: ) is quite suspicous.
LOL! I looked at it again and you are right! What was he doing with his other hand? :oops: Makes me think Mits might have tried to get it on with her during the last 2 years, though I doubt she said yes.
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

Gigei wrote:
pv82 wrote: Plus that who sequence where he rips her top open and licks her wound (BTW, if you pay close attention you can't see the location one of his arms :twisted: ) is quite suspicous.
LOL! I looked at it again and you are right! What was he doing with his other hand? :oops: Makes me think Mits might have tried to get it on with her during the last 2 years, though I doubt she said yes.

Even if maya said yes there is problem number 2 her bro which is quite worse. as in pissed off kill crazy gutts form berserk worse. :twisted:

besides Mits was a different person back then.
Gigei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gigei »

Vampire Advent wrote:
Gigei wrote:

Even if maya said yes there is problem number 2 her bro which is quite worse. as in pissed off kill crazy gutts form berserk worse. :twisted:

besides Mits was a different person back then.
The last two years is after shin died. :?
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

Odd...im not really sure, she never seem to like anyone but her brother and Mitsuomi...i dont think Mitsuomi went that far with her, Shin probably just wanted to protect her....hmmm interesting.
yes/no
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by yes/no »

Maybe she slept with her brother, hes pretty obsessed with her.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

yes/no wrote:Maybe she slept with her brother, hes pretty obsessed with her.
No, now don't go starting that stuff.
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

Shin loves her because when they were little, Maya was the only one who cared about him, i think he feels that he has to pay her back by protecting her. he may be overprotective but i doubt he would sleep with Maya.
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

shins relationship with maya is not really dirty at all weird, strange and kinda obsessive. But it never got to the point in which shin would think of sleeping with maya. sleeping with maya would be rewarding his sisters love with perversion and shin wouldn't go there.

Maya was the only one who was with shin during his troubled times so of course he cares about her a lot and afraid of someone taking his sister away from him cause then he would back to same feeling of being alone in total darkness.
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

shin loves her very much up to the point that anyone who mess with her will get a painful experience, though seeing Shin at school, i wonder which one is a facade? his feelings towards Maya when they are in the open or the school's strongest fighter?
MitsandMayaFan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by MitsandMayaFan »

This is a good question. I think she may be a virgin because her and Mits liked each other but they never showed them do anything like kissing lol. If she's not I would hope Mits was her first and only.
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zangetsu »

Well, in the version of Ultra Jump I read it said that Masataka, Aya and Nagi were the only virgins of the group.