license....

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

license....

Post by Raistlin46 »

if TT ever gets licensed, will you take it down or post it on kahzaa?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I will remove it.

If you like manga, you should support it commercially.

fugu
Raistlin46
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Raistlin46 »

The company will release it volume by volume.....its going to be annoying waiting for them to catch up if that happens.
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

licensed release

Post by hitori »

Yea.
If TJTG does see official release, it will be 2~3 chapter increments in those thin 'magazine style' comic book format.

That'd take YEARS to catch up to vol 9.
The publishers would LOVE that...get to milk the comics to the last drop. :(
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Raistlin46 wrote:The company will release it volume by volume.....its going to be annoying waiting for them to catch up if that happens.
Yeah, life is tough sometimes huh?

fugu
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

what's the point of asking when you know the answer already.
Ikari
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Ikari »

Ack.... I hate commercially translated mangas. I preffer getting scanslations and buying the japanese edition. to support the author.

Unlike dvds, mangas don't have a subtitle option... the english text can't be removed ( okey... there are overlays in dvd video... but I'll ignore that fact :D )

But I can understand Fugu's decision. Let's just hope it gets licensed after the whole manga is translated and if you really like the manga don't hesitate to buy the japanese edition. Fugu is already providing an excellent english translation.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Ikari wrote:Unlike dvds, mangas don't have a subtitle option... the english text can't be removed.
The English text can be removed in my translations, if you don't mind the pop-up translation format. That way you get the best of both worlds: english translation, and the original image...

fugu
The_Shape
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by The_Shape »

Ikari wrote:Ack.... I hate commercially translated mangas. I preffer getting scanslations and buying the japanese edition. to support the author.

Unlike dvds, mangas don't have a subtitle option... the english text can't be removed ( okey... there are overlays in dvd video... but I'll ignore that fact :D )
I make a point of not buying hardsubbed or overlaid anime DVDs. The ones i have are the ones i couldn't find out if they were overlaid or not. I'm getting the R2 RahXephon DVDs just because ADV blurred and overlaid the original on-screen credits on the first episode (and will probably do the same to the last episode).

Nowadays, there's no excuse to not to use 100% soft subbed text. The newest Pioneer and even smaller companies proved that it is possible, even in high textual animes, like Kare Kano.