Newbie with a question - TjTg Chronology

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Slicer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Newbie with a question - TjTg Chronology

Post by Slicer »

Hi!

I
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Newbie with a question - TjTg Chronology

Post by MrProphet »

[quote="Slicer"]I
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Re: Newbie with a question - TjTg Chronology

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:
However, I have a doubt... how exactly is the chronological order of reading? I mean, where does fit the material published in Tenjo Tenge Ultra Jump Special?
The Ultra Jump Special is not part of the storyline. It's not even part of the manga. It's a Special! Just a buch of Trivia and background information. It's not a part of the manga (although it tends to focus on the flashback arc).
Although I doubt it, slicer may be talking about the past arc. The Ultra Jump Special does contain all of the past arc manga chapters of Tenjo Tenge. In fact that was the bulk of the book, the Triva and backround was only 20+ pages long. The Intro and Outro pages give you a small summary of what's going on before the past arc, then what happened afterwards. As MP has stated the whole special on GMAO has information that is realtive to the whole manga. Slicer, I would use the info in the Special to fill in some of the gaps in the manga, but not as a marker for the manga (except for In &Out pages and PA). Just use the manga, Let me see its
- Past Arc> Chapters before past Arc > Chapters after Past Arc (this is excluding some of the flashbacks) the story is pretty linear IMO.
is there a way of reading without downloading the torrent? (A f*ck*ng firewall blocks P2P protocols, that
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'm surprised that anyone uses GMAO, much less to read manga - I'm sure it isn't very easy to use for that purpose. (slow to navigate pages, takes time to lay out the text, etc.) Oh, one fun thing to do is to set the preffered language to Japanese, and the default font to one that has Japanese characters (I've been using the free mikachan font http://mikachan-font.com/) and then watch GMAO replace Japanese text with ... Japanese text.

Anyway, I'm not distributing any images from my website anymore since Tenjo Tenge is licensed, and I would like for it to be a commercial success in America. Since that's where I live, that's how it is going to go. I am still putting out my text translations, so people can use those to read the raws - although Evil Genius did put out a "scanlation" of chater 77, probably with scans from winny - but I haven't been distributing what I've done.

Since I still use GMAO (pet project of mine) things will still be available that way, but I never really realized that people were using it to READ. And since it is so hard to use anyway, I don't think many more people will try...

:wink:
Slicer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slicer »

Seriously, did you even look at the Special issue?
No, I haven
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Slicer wrote:
Evil Genius did put out a "scanlation" of chater 77, probably with scans from winny - but I haven't been distributing what I've done.
Really? Where can I find it? :-)
http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... .php?t=608
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

[quote="Slicer"]Did the Special Issue made it
Slicer
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slicer »

Actually, I never did really installed the GMAO program, althought I've tried it some times. What I have been doing, instead, is quite simple. I just access the the pages tjtg.mangatranslation.com/images/tenjyoutengeXX/contents.html and read the raws with the "virtual baloons" that GMAO generates. If there are more material that can be accessed this way, then I
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

You can't access much of those from this server - I've password protected everything (looks like I forgot the latest chapter) so you shouldn't count on being able to read TJTG that way.