Fight 78

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Fight 78

Post by MrProphet »

EliteF22 wrote:Sorry guys the previous post. I just found the answer to my own question. I visited s.manga.net. Interesting preview. Souirchirou surrounded by a bunch of guys on bikes. They better not be those loser armoured division guys again. Those poor bastards just seem like human punching bags. [/url]http://www.s-manga.net/mens/uj.html[url][/url]
Yeah. It doesn't look like those Kawasaki-riding loosers... Those freaks seriously need to die and stay dead.

However, what it does look like is Air Gear... And that's not exactly a good thing either. But, truth to be said, Oh!Great has managed to squeeze enough anticipation about what happened to Nagi, that now I want to find out whatever it is...
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

If anyone's wondering what that's about, http://www.s-manga.net has been updated. http://Ultra.shueisha.co.jp also updated with a picture of a cutie. I hope that's Katsumi Wani...
Last edited by Agent_Wax on Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

They're using bikes different from those used by the previous bunch of riders. I don't think they're the same group from last time. :?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

You mean this?

http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/UJ94/closeup/Tenjo.gif

Are you sure it's a girl? 8)
Shoryuken24
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shoryuken24 »

It's a shim. :shock:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Saw it. And I think it's a guy...?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Hmm, possibly the unseen sixth member of F.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Agent_Wax wrote:If anyone's wondering what that's about, http://www.s-manga.net has been updated. http://Ultra.shueisha.co.jp also updated with a picture of a cutie. I hope that's Katsumi Wani...
Ugh :evil: , I can't see the updates, I keep getting last months UJ but I can see MP's image, I don't understand. BTW, where did the name Katsumi come from? I thought it wasn't even confirmed that Wani had a kid?
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

MrProphet wrote:You mean this?

http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/UJ94/closeup/Tenjo.gif

Are you sure it's a girl? 8)
I haven't seen Fight 78 myself yet, but I believe that may be Inue, a female and last member of F. Inue is her last name, I'm not sure of her first. I've seen references to a "female Fu" too :P
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Hmm, if it is a girl, could we possibly a throw down between her and Maya over who Souichirou fights for?

Possible scenario:

Maya: "Juuykenbu!"
punch
Girl: "F!"
kick
Maya: "Juuykenbu!"
slap
Girl: "F!"
smack
Souichirou: "Man this is sooo hot!"
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Wait, I'm confused. Didn't Hakase Fugu say the last F member is named Katsumi Wani?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Agent_Wax wrote:Wait, I'm confused. Didn't Hakase Fugu say the last F member is named Katsumi Wani?
Naw, I don't think he did, but I might be wrong.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Agent_Wax wrote:Wait, I'm confused. Didn't Hakase Fugu say the last F member is named Katsumi Wani?
I don't remember saying that...? Anyway, Katsumi is Kabuto's kid. Wani should have one around, but we haven't seen anything about the kid yet. I don't think the Tenjo Tenge special said anything about it either, but I don't have the best of memories...
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

If its not too much to ask, if one of you guys gets the raw of fight 78, could you scan it and bittorent it.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I am not going to put stuff on my tracker, but usually leo- from www.kaizoku-ou.org does raw scans of Tenjo Tenge, and then I translate them and have a text translation up here. Otherwise, the raws from unknown scanners in Japan usually show up in the Manga-Translation IRC channel.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Fugu wrote:
I don't remember saying that...? Anyway, Katsumi is Kabuto's kid. Wani should have one around, but we haven't seen anything about the kid yet. I don't think the Tenjo Tenge special said anything about it either, but I don't have the best of memories...
Ahh, sorry... I got confused. :oops:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

So, did anyone scan this? It has been several days, but the raw hasn't materialized yet, as far as I have looked around.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:So, did anyone scan this? It has been several days, but the raw hasn't materialized yet, as far as I have looked around.
Scan & dubs might be a bit slower now that school is back in, my classes started this week. I would provide some scans but I stop ordering them monthly from Mangaoh since I got a subscription. They will be out sooner or later.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:So, did anyone scan this? It has been several days, but the raw hasn't materialized yet, as far as I have looked around.
I haven't been looking too hard, but if I can find scans I would like to translate them.
Everon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Everon »

Anyone lose this?

Found: one raw of Fight 78
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Yup, got that. Also, the translated version should come out today.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

OK, this was one freaky chapter.

Yes, it's all about Nagi. And yes, that girl works for Kago, although it was not made clear if she is part of the "F". I think her name is Inue Shindayuu, or something like that, and she controls Nagi with some kind of a pentagram in her mouth (don't ask, it's weird). Oh, and Kago is running some some kind of a weird cult.

Pretty crazy chapter all in all. Frankie Fu fans, rejoice... you get to meet Dracula Kabuto! 8)

Oh, an Kabuto seems like a total chump. He is basically a muscle-man, like his dad (or whatever). Nagi beat him like it was nothing (even though he was super-saiyaned).

There was a great moment at the end, though, where Nagi almost escapes and almost meets up with Maya... Wow, I guess Oh!Great is really going to go down the Maya/Nagi road. Masa fans, eat your heart out. 8)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote: There was a great moment at the end, though, where Nagi almost escapes and almost meets up with Maya... Wow, I guess Oh!Great is really going to go down the Maya/Nagi road. Masa fans, eat your heart out. 8)
Boooo :evil:
That Forked hair chump already has Aya :roll:

Edit: just saw it. Is it me or was Nagi carring Kabuto? Enemies or not? Another plot twist if that Star. What is up with that? Didn't Kago mention something mention something about the tongue a while back?

Edit 2:Vol. 12 pg. 43
In ancient times sorcerers hated when people recklessly opened their mouth. The mouth is the doorway for one's spirit energy ... Because words have the power to curse
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

I don't like nagi at all but I have to say he look super badass with his super saiyan form. what even worst is he knows how to control his damn powers now. he just gave Kabuto a simple beating and manage not to kill him. I feel sorry for masakata he won't get a second chance to beat nagi even if he wanted to. what surpise me is that nagi actually was thinking about aya when he was running away.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

pv82 wrote:Edit: just saw it. Is it me or was Nagi carring Kabuto? Enemies or not?
Yes, that's Kabuto.

I think it was an "OK, we fought, now let's go get a beer and chill out"-type of thing.

I was a bit freaked out with the whole coffin thing, so I guess we'll need to see the translation before judging what really happened.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Could someone bittorent this please?

Maybe Nagi found out something about Aya?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I just couldn't resist
What is in the coffin?

Its Kabutla!!!!!

Star Power, this gal can bring a man to his knees with her tongue :roll:

You'll have to go to EG to get your TT fix so don't ask. :twisted:
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Just to note, that's not a pentagram. It's the Star of David. But they're both supposed to be protective. And the symbol of the gate / shrine, (I think it's called a tori?) is a common one in Japanese mythology.

But Kabuto in a coffin is just... I dunno... stoooopid. :roll: It could scarcely be worse if he started counting stuff... he's practically a muppet anyway...

And there's more than one way for a cutie like that to wrap a man around her finger by just using her mouth... :wink:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Agent_Wax wrote:Just to note, that's not a pentagram. It's the Star of David. But they're both supposed to be protective. And the symbol of the gate / shrine, (I think it's called a tori?) is a common one in Japanese mythology.
I had an idea it was something like that but I didn't want to make an assumption on something I had no knowledge over. It might had ended up like when that guy said "What is up with the Nazi symbol on Shin's eye patch" :roll:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I misspoke. I meant to say hexagram, of course...
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

aaaaaaaaaaaah where can i find fight 78?! PLZ PLZ TELL ME aaaaah
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Look up. Everon has pointed it out already.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

EG said they will have it very soon, look there
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

I won't say much since the translation isn't out yet, but Kabuto on a leash? I didn't think he had screwed up that badly, or maybe it is just Souhaku thinking he's a worthy sacrifice for Souichirou.

Some of the characters start to have a clear resemblance to others, that new F lackey looks like Fu, Souichirou looks like Mitsuomi (page 9, maybe it's a referance to determination) and in the dragon picture he looks like Shin. I think it's rather interesting.
Everon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Everon »

Rooster wrote:Some of the characters start to have a clear resemblance to others, that new F lackey looks like Fu, Souichirou looks like Mitsuomi (page 9, maybe it's a referance to determination) and in the dragon picture he looks like Shin. I think it's rather interesting.
I don't think the F guy is related to Fu at all. Maybe the resemblance is just because of Oh!Great's drawing style. Gonna wait for the translations through, cause u never know. :wink:
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

Everon wrote:
Rooster wrote:Some of the characters start to have a clear resemblance to others, that new F lackey looks like Fu, Souichirou looks like Mitsuomi (page 9, maybe it's a referance to determination) and in the dragon picture he looks like Shin. I think it's rather interesting.
I don't think the F guy is related to Fu at all. Maybe the resemblance is just because of Oh!Great's drawing style. Gonna wait for the translations through, cause u never know. :wink:
let me back track a sec is Fu alive completely? cuz i remember when i last saw Fu he was like a fighting zombie that masataka and bunshichi whipped
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^I thought Fu got killed/died by the hands of that mohawk F dude?
Everon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Everon »

No, if you look back at fight 74, Fu's balls (in his eye sockets) got smashed by Sourichirou (sp?). After that, Fu made some wierd 'thank you' speech and then collapsed. We can't be certain that he's really dead, those balls that he had may just of been to keep him under control and give him a little extra power.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

It was Masa who smashed Fu's pendant, and I believe Fu is dead now. I think it was pretty well shown that Kagiroi (the mohawk guy) crushed him with some type of telekinetic power. When Kagiroi amped up and his skin changed if you look closely at the scene where Fu gets crushed in front of Masa, you can see Kagiroi make a stomping motion with his foot.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ I think Fu is still alive. I mean Fu give that "thank you"(?) speech to Masataka AFTER they were smashed. If Fu does die when the pendant gets smashed, then the speech thingie wouldn't be possible. Kagiroi, at least how I see it, gave the finishing blow that killed Fu without a doubt.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Sorry if anyone misunderstood what I said about Fu. I meant that after that nights event that Fu is dead now, not immediately after the pendant was destroyed. I believe that Kagiroi finished Fu off.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I wish the old Fu were back.

Oh!Great is really weird, wasting really cool powers on losers that disappear as quickly as they appear.

First, the fire element was wasted on Ryuuzaki, next, Fu's lightnings were cool for a second, but Fu died a couple of chapters later.

I mean, OK, this isn't a magical series, but still... don't waste cool powers on suckers!!!
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:I wish the old Fu were back.

Oh!Great is really weird, wasting really cool powers on losers that disappear as quickly as they appear.

First, the fire element was wasted on Ryuuzaki, next, Fu's lightnings were cool for a second, but Fu died a couple of chapters later.

I mean, OK, this isn't a magical series, but still... don't waste cool powers on suckers!!!
Magic Orbs, Necromancers, Zombies, Sorcerors, Element Users, Light Sabers, Dragons.....
Sounds pretty magical to me :P
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

It's not about magic... As in.. nobody uses it consciously, except for Kago.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

So can we all agree on that nagi is the strongest? look at this chapter he knows how to control his power with ease. the only person in his way of becoming the strongest is his dad. if Mits was to fight Nagi... well he would die before he even hit those 3 mins.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Rev wrote:So can we all agree on that nagi is the strongest? look at this chapter he knows how to control his power with ease. the only person in his way of becoming the strongest is his dad. if Mits was to fight Nagi... well he would die before he even hit those 3 mins.
If he was so strong was did he fall to his knees?
Him beatng Kabuto didn't impress me at all. I keep feeling that there is someting else stronger than ( not just Kago).
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I would have to agree w/ pv82 on this. I can't see Oh! Great making Nagi the strongest based on what we've seen so far. The storyline, plot, characters, etc are way too deep for it to cop out as Nagi "the main character" being the strongest. He's definitely one of the strongest characters in TT, but I'll wait and see if he's THE strongest.

BTW, what did the maybe female F character do to Nagi towards the end of the chapter? Some sonic/ultra-sound type of ability that what... stopped his heart or something? :?
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

I don't think the F guy is related to Fu at all.
Neither do I.
BTW, what did the maybe female F character do to Nagi towards the end of the chapter? Some sonic/ultra-sound type of ability that what... stopped his heart or something?
That's a pretty fatal way of recapturing someone.

Is Maya carrying that ceremonial sword in airplanes by the way, even as luggage?
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ apparently so? Guess japan has a different set of rules about that kind of stuff?

The sword is definitely safer w/ Maya than anyone else at this point. God forbid Aya gets it again or whatnot.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

moyism wrote:I can't see Oh! Great making Nagi the strongest based on what we've seen so far. The storyline, plot, characters, etc are way too deep for it to cop out as Nagi "the main character" being the strongest. He's definitely one of the strongest characters in TT, but I'll wait and see if he's THE strongest.
Yes, plus I just think that making all the antognist weak would make the story lame.