how did the Takayanagi family stay in power?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Nobody1898
Yuurei
Yuurei

how did the Takayanagi family stay in power?

Post by Nobody1898 »

I was thinking about this the yesterday, in every group that has a leader, the leader is always the stongest or smartest inorder to surpress uprisings. So i'm wondering if there is something about the Takayanagi family that we don't know about yet, that would have helped them maintain control over such powerful worriors for so long?

I think that its has to be something more the the "true Worrior" because that hasn't happened yet. and Mitsuomi's condition is a fluke. So Im wondering if there is another dragons gate, or something else that could control the martial arts world for all those year?
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

I think that the "True Warrior" is a warrior who can beat the supernatural people and destroy the evil.

Doghen wants to create the "True Warrior" with Mitsuomi but the real "True Warrior" is probably Masataka who is (probably) a "Dragon Killer" (He can to destroy the Dragon power of Kago)

Maybe Masataka and his "Dragon Killer Fist" Vs Souichirou and his "Dragon Fist" :lol:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

The 8th Dragon Gate abilities aren't perfectly all-powerful as we already know. Each user always has to pay a price (in one way or another) for having such a power--be it in the realm of the physical as with the Nagi Clan or in the realm of the psychological for the Natsume Clan. Moreover, not only is the Takayanagi Clan been blessed with great fighting stock within their bloodline throughout the ages, but they also hold strong political and economic ties as well.

The Takayanagis currently have families, entire clans and powerful allies around them--and as the influence of the red feathers has dwindled down, since there's no use for the "occult" and "sorcery" in the present anymore, (I assume it wasn't that great in the first place...at least in comparison with the head the Clans.) it really isn't that hard to fathom why the Takayanagi Clan still remains the top dog.

Having the most powerful leader, or having the most powerful ability surely does help. But somehow, if that were simply the case, then it makes me wonder why the Natsume Clan wasn't able to hold on. With a power like the Dragon's Eye, they could've easily usurped the Takayanagi a long time ago, right? (Well, somehow..) The same goes for the Nagi Clan. Because of their infamous reputation as wielders of the Dragon's Fist, their kind has been ascribed as the black sheep among the red feathers for many centuries. And look where that got them.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

:? Where has it got them?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've always gotten the impression that the Takayanagi family has long been a line of generals and commanders that have been good at the economic, social, and political organization that is necessary to hold things together. Of course, once you have the support, money, and power to be able to be in that position, it becomes hard for others to unseat you.

I also suspect that they are good all-around fighters, perhaps with no real specialization like the other families seem to have.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

solidis1 wrote::? Where has it got them?
The manga has been sort of cryptic with the history of the Nagi Clan so far, but I'm referring to the part of where it says, "Hated by demons and humans alike for centuries..." I believe Fugu also has some translation notes with regard to as to why the Nagi Clan could be possibly sort of hated by the other red feathers for their Dragon's Fist.

I mean seriously, just take a look at Souichirou and Makiko's way of life in the present... Well, it really sucks to tell you the truth. It may seem ordinary or common in every urban setting--but in Japan, a single mother raising a punkass son can sometimes be a bigger hassle than it's supposed to be in more ways than one. (not mention that she only had one arm that time..)

The manga hasn't yet explained why Makiko was beaten up at that one time though. Whether that has to do something with their relations with the other red feathers or due to other unfortunate workaday woes, the manga has yet to completely tell that part of the story. :?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I've been wondering about this. Exactly how many dragon abilities are there? I've heard six, but I remember the manga saying there was 7 dragon gates within a persons body.
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

Each human has 7 dragon gates, which can open through spiritual and physical training. The Red Feathers' Families have also an 8th dragon gate, which is an unique ability (Dragon fist, dragon eye, ecc). So the number of dragon abilities should be 6.
But, Oh!Great wrote in the special something about the Enmi's Dragon Pupil, which is a sub-ability of the Dragon Eye, and we know the Dragon Claw of the Shukyo, which is a branch of the Kabane family.
So there should be 6 main abilities, and an unknown number of lesser abilities (I guess Shindayuu's power may be also one of these lesser gates).
That's what I've figured, anyways
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

basically the same thing Mataza-kun said....

From what I remember reading, there are a total of 8 dragon gates in the human body. 7 of the dragon gates can be opened by anyone with enough (or the right) training. Examples we have seen so far are the Water Bullets (Water Gate), Fire (Fire Gate), and Electricty (Earth Gate). The 8th dragon gate is supposedly only for anyone in the Red Feather Family line, currently only being 6 families (and thereby 6 unique 8th dragon gate abilities). So far we've seen the Dragon Fist, Dragon Palm, Dragon Eye, and Dragon Claw with subsets of those abilities like the Dragon Pupil. Basically, that's how I've been reading it.

so abilities-wise:
- 7 "general" abilities any joe smoe can have
- 6 "unique" red feather only abilities
- x sub-set lesser powerful red feather(?) abilities

7 + 6 + x = a shit load of cool ass techniques! period! 8)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I was never sure if the "36 families" included the 12 original Feather clans or not. If half of the families swear fealty to the Reds (and the other half to the Whites), then: it's 7+6+18=31 unique abilities.

Also, Mataza's Dragon Claw is not a major ability. It's a sub-ability of the Nagi clan, Dragon Fist. Mataza's mother was from one of Nagi's servant-families, AFAIR.