Hi, I'm new and...

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

kupo 9
Yuurei
Yuurei

Hi, I'm new and...

Post by kupo 9 »

I just recently got into Tenjo Tenge and already bought most of the mangas at a local Asahiya bookstore... I also picked up the Aya Natsume figure that came with vol. 12.. I was just wondering if any of you have the picture of the Maya Natsume figure I've been reading about that came with vol. 9? thanks in advance.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

In my translation of volume 9 I put in a bunch of pictures of the statue. Someone should have them laying around still. Worst comes to worst, I have them on the server somewhere.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I've been in to Ten Ten for a over a year now and I don't have the figure ... You've only 'just' gotten into Ten Ten and you have the Aya figure....

Yes, yes, I think I'll hate you now :evil:

Jes' kidding :D

http://natsumemaya.terminus.net.au/images/figures1.jpg

The third Maya from the left (of the picture, not your left ) is the volume 9 figure, good luck tracking one down though :)
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Post by hitori »

Banorac wrote:http://natsumemaya.terminus.net.au/images/figures1.jpg

The third Maya from the left (of the picture, not your left ) is the volume 9 figure, good luck tracking one down though :)
What is Yomiko Readman doing in that picture? :lol:
Nice collection.
I like Aya's kicking pose figurine.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

hitori wrote:

Nice collection.
nice collection indeed, if only it was mine :P
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

hitori wrote:

Nice collection.
Hmmm... Let's see now Maya, Aya and Yomiko. I guess there's a pattern there. :twisted:

Heh. But seriously--nice collection. :) I'd probably have a hard time figuring out where to display such things in my room though. I'd be too paranoid to display them in the open where someone might accidentally break them or something.
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Post by hitori »

kujoe wrote:I'd be too paranoid to display them in the open where someone might accidentally break them or something.
I'd be paranoid someone might find out that I own them. hehehe :lol:

Even though I am fascinated by these anime figurines and greatly enjoy watching them, I can't picture myself actually owning them, much less displaying them around my house.
Guess I'm kinda uptight about that kinda thing.
Closet anime fan? :lol:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Back before I sold my TJTG Vol. 9 figure, I always felt a bit embarassed when my g/f would come around. And I did get some ribbing for it too...
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Post by hitori »

Yeah, even Ogure thought that it looked quite risque when tipped over.
I loved that little 4-koma comic. :lol:

Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Why be ashamed for liking manga :roll:
kupo 9
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kupo 9 »

Yea thanks for the pics. I'm also chasing after those two resin statues of aya and maya with the ripped jeans. Man.. saw them both on ebay, but i forgot about the auction.. that sucked.. I've been to many sites and they are all sold out.. except one, but I still haven't recieved an email from them confirming that they really have the statues... they sell them for $299.99 each.. damn.. I might even be crazy enough to buy them.. sheesh, i mean im already considering it.. but yea, I'm just gonna browse around for a few more weeks..

I hate getting into anime/mangas that's been out.. The ones I end up liking, i tend to buy every thing that's related to it, but most of the time I end up chasing after limited edition figures that are no where to be found...

I was lucky with naruto because i got into it when there wasn't that much merchandise out.. so it was a good early start.. now my whole room is filled with naruto stuff.. I want one spot in my room to have tenjo tenge figures and statues tho... alright thanks again.
hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Post by hitori »

Banorac wrote:Why be ashamed for liking manga
I blame the society. :P
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

hitori wrote:
kujoe wrote:I'd be too paranoid to display them in the open where someone might accidentally break them or something.

Even though I am fascinated by these anime figurines and greatly enjoy watching them, I can't picture myself actually owning them, much less displaying them around my house.
Hah. I know what you mean. :) I was supposed to address that too, which is why I keep all my stuff--from dvds to manga to games--inside one cabinet where no one can see them. :lol:
Banorac wrote:Why be ashamed for liking manga :roll:
There's an ambivalence attributed to such hobbies, whether you consider yourself as a hardened fan of manga or not. In Japan for example, anime/manga otaku don't really have a good image. To be honest, I sometimes have that biased view myself--especially towards the annoying fans and to those who tend to take it too far, if you know what I mean.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

kupo 9 wrote:Yea thanks for the pics. I'm also chasing after those two resin statues of aya and maya with the ripped jeans. Man.. saw them both on ebay, but i forgot about the auction.. that sucked.. I've been to many sites and they are all sold out.. except one, but I still haven't recieved an email from them confirming that they really have the statues... they sell them for $299.99 each.. damn.. I might even be crazy enough to buy them.. sheesh, i mean im already considering it.. but yea, I'm just gonna browse around for a few more weeks..
Got the Maya Resin you're talking about. Good stuff. $100 though when I got it over the past summer via ebay. So sad though... messed up the antenna and long hair part. sorta fixed it... but yea.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

hitori wrote:What is Yomiko Readman doing in that picture? :lol:
Nice collection.
And
Thanks... I think... :P

I don't normally collect figures myself, but thought I'd try to collect as much Tenjou Tenge goods as I could ^_^;;

The Paper? Well, both manga appear in Ultrajump at least :) A nice figure, so I thought I'd try to collect R.O.D figures as well ^_^;;

Since that photo I've gotten the Natsume Aya figure (which came with volume 12 of the manga), and from R.O.D: Miss Deep, Michelle (Yamato), Anita (Yujin), Michelle (Yujin) and Maggie (Yujin).

As kujoe has suggested, however, I don't display them in the open - too worried someone might break them ^_^;; Plus, I collect the figures for the sake of collecting more than anything else - and the TenTen figures have too much fanservice to display openly ^_^;;
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

kujoe wrote:
hitori wrote:

Hah. I know what you mean. :) I was supposed to address that too, which is why I keep all my stuff--from dvds to manga to games--inside one cabinet where no one can see them. :lol:
Banorac wrote:Why be ashamed for liking manga :roll:
There's an ambivalence attributed to such hobbies, whether you consider yourself as a hardened fan of manga or not. In Japan for example, anime/manga otaku don't really have a good image. To be honest, I sometimes have that biased view myself--especially towards the annoying fans and to those who tend to take it too far, if you know what I mean.
I take it your talking about cosplayers and stuff ? Well even *they* aren't ashamed for being otaku, otherwise they wouldn't dress up in public :D
Just think it's kinda stupid to be ashamed for who you are and what you like :)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Banorac wrote:I take it your talking about cosplayers and stuff ? Well even *they* aren't ashamed for being otaku, otherwise they wouldn't dress up in public :D
Just think it's kinda stupid to be ashamed for who you are and what you like :)
Nope.

There's a good reason why the stereotypical otaku have been considered as outcasts in society. I really have nothing against coslayers, but as all things go, there will be always good ones and bad ones. I'll simply criticize and give my opinion on such things. But there are those type of fans who go too far with their love for all things anime and manga to the point that I think it becomes problematic.

I guess it's hard for me to explain, and shame has nothing to do with it--but perhaps seeing it as lacking in common sense and sometimes maturity. And no, it's not about anime being "kid's stuff" either. I mean, this hobby can be expensive too you know. It's just that some people either whine about the silliest things or totally replace their real world for some escapist hobby.

With that said, I'm sorry if what I've said offends you in any way. Just think of it as an opinion coming from one fan about contemporary fan culture in its extreme.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Well, I read that over twice and I'm still not sure what you're saying :lol:

If this makes things easier for you to explain :
- I'm not a cosplayer
- Manga is not my life, I just love reading manga as *entertainment*

So, I don't get why you should apologise :?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, let's not make a big deal out of this Banorac. I guess you just explained it for yourself. Just turn your statement the other way around.
Manga is not my life, I just love reading manga as *entertainment*
And the reason why I apologized was for the sake of courtesy more than anything else. :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Well, for those that are keeping score at home, I always felt bad about my Maya vol. 9 statue because it was really overtly sexy. I don't want my girl thinking that I need cartoon characters to get me off instead of her!

Pretty simple really.

fugu
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Yeah, I can understand that :)

Bacause the figurine was on the border of being 'nekked'.

Kujoe : I didn't even want to make a big deal out of it :lol:
I just wanted to say that *I* don't feel ashamed for liking manga ^_^
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Yeah, I can understand that. I guess Fugu's explanation says it better in an indirect sort of way.

As for me, I'm not really ashamed of it. I just prefer to take things in moderation.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

What do you mean by 'keep things in moderation' ?

Like limitting your collection or just not buying half naked figurines ? :D
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Jeez...Do I even have to explain that? :wink:

Like you said so yourself:
Manga is not my life, I just love reading manga as *entertainment*
Personally, (and I'm sure I'm not alone in this..) I believe that a line must be drawn between our hobbies and our workaday lives. It's as simple as that. :wink:
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Depends on what your hobbies are :D