Real life Reiki 2

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

hitori
Bushi
Bushi

Real life Reiki 2

Post by hitori »

http://japantrip.tripod.com/nodachi/norimitsu.html

All I gotta say is, Japanese ppl used to do some crazy stuff. =P
Really hard to believe the total weight is only 14.5 kg (32 lbs)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Wow....:shock:

That's some sword, but how can anyone use something like that in an actual fight? Used against people riding on horses perhaps? I guess the swordsmith really liked what he was doing and forged that sword from an artist's point of view.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Hm, I want to know stories about this one, a sword like that's bound to have some good old mystical stories :D
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

That's some sword, but how can anyone use something like that in an actual fight? Used against people riding on horses perhaps? I guess the swordsmith really liked what he was doing and forged that sword from an artist's point of view.
Those things were never meant to be used. Blades were also forged for ceremonial and/or religious purposes.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Agent_Wax wrote:
Those things were never meant to be used.
Are you sure about that ? It looks like a demon fighting sword, all those manga stories must have at least some truth in them right :twisted:

Most likely made for something I can't explain in English :oops:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Deamon-fighting sword? LOL
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Perhaps :D

Maybe it was made by someone who believed in demon stories, or even better, maybe those weren't stories :)

Or the religious reason I can't explain without making lots of mistakes leading to lots of misinterpretations, but I'll try, even though what you think I wanted to say won't be what I wanted to say :shock: :D

Maybe it was made as a ?penance? to get rid of ?religious gilt? .
Like people buying indulgence from the Church, but only ?ethically legit? and without the reason to get into a better light.

Whenever I use ?word? is when I'm unsure whether or not I used a correct term, hell I can't even say this right in my own language :p
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Banorac wrote:
Perhaps

Maybe it was made by someone who believed in demon stories, or even better, maybe those weren't stories

Or the religious reason I can't explain without making lots of mistakes leading to lots of misinterpretations, but I'll try, even though what you think I wanted to say won't be what I wanted to say

Maybe it was made as a ?penance? to get rid of ?religious gilt? .
Like people buying indulgence from the Church, but only ?ethically legit? and without the reason to get into a better light.

Whenever I use ?word? is when I'm unsure whether or not I used a correct term, hell I can't even say this right in my own language :p
:? ?

Anyway, what I meant is that it is not physically possible to use a sword that's more than 12 feet long. Not unless you're 24 feet tall. :wink: A sword the length of Reiki is about the limit that can be used for an average-sized person. Even for something like Reiki, the forearm and shoulder strength needed to wield it in combat effectively must be very high.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Hm? the hilt ( hope I got that right, the piece you hold in your hands ) is pretty big though, so it could have been wielded as a spear of some sort :)